Parenting Tools

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Parenting Tools

Post by loboLoco » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 pm

Parenting is hard -- and it's even harder when you can't communicate with your family members. As we've been beta testing the upcoming Slough Creek episode, we've realized that we need to add more ways for the player to communicate a few essential things to their mate and to their pups. These include commands to tell your mate to come on home (if they're out hunting or maintaining territory), or invite them to join you on such an excursion, or go back to the den on their own if you're both out and about in your territory. Similarly, we've added commands to tell your pups to go inside the den or come on out. Today's video looks at how those are shaping up in the game.

We're also finally adding hotkeys for the Emotes panel, with a key for each emote in the Favorites panel. You can also assign keys, as you like. This will be included in the next patch, coming in a few weeks. The mate commands are only in Slough Creek, since your mate sticks with you until you have a den and all the demands of raising your family.

WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition is available now for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. The game currently includes Episode 1: Amethyst Mountain, Lost River: Classic, and multiplayer mode in both maps. Slough Creek is in development! The mobile version will come after the game (including Slough Creek) is completed on PC/Mac platforms. The next episode, Tower Fall (DLC) will follow. We do not announce specific release dates. We will release them when they are ready!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Re: Parenting Tools

Post by elkhunter123456 » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:34 pm

Looks great! I love the how the personality of the mate influences what they prioritize with the pups.

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:49 am

I like the idea that extra parenting emotes will be included. I can imagine it will be easier to communicate with the family.

The hotkeys will make communication much easier. Sometimes it's annoying to me to switch between the emotes when looking for a special one while a fight etc.

Keep up the good work and stay safe and healthy! :wink:

Nek0chan
Pup
Pup
Name: LupusAlbus, Neko

Post by Nek0chan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:28 am

Looks awesome! :D I can't wait to see Slough Creek.
Keep up the great work and keep safe!