Multiplayer Public Beta is Almost Here!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Multiplayer Public Beta is Almost Here!

Post by loboLoco » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:35 pm

We are on the verge of releasing multiplayer into public beta! We have a few things we are finishing up and then expect to make it available on Steam in the next few days. It’s been a long haul but we are very excited to get it out there, even in this limited way, before the full release which shouldn’t be too much longer.

A couple things about multiplayer:

1) You’ll need a game account to play it. You can register an account in the current version of the game, 1.0.4a, which we released early this week. See the devblog “New Game Accounts” for details (link below).

2) Our abuse report system is fully operational so we can deal with inappropriate behavior in multiplayer — but we hope that it isn’t necessary (at least not yet). We want beta testers to be focused on (a) having fun and (b) reporting bugs, not causing trouble with other players. If we do find that players are misbehaving, we will disable those game accounts. We aren’t kidding about that. Brush up on the rules, behavior reporting, and guidelines at https://support.wolfquest.org/help/beha ... s-f1023eb7

Recent devblogs have shown various new features of multiplayer. If you missed any of those, now’s the time to catch up!
* New Game Accounts
* A Medley of Multiplayer Matters

We will make announcements on the WolfQuest website, Steam, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Discord, and Instagram when multiplayer is available in public beta, so keep an eye out!

We have released the first episode of WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition (Amethyst Mountain) for PC/Mac on Steam and itch.io, as Early Access. While in Early Access, we are updating the game frequently with more features, multiplayer, and ultimately the Slough Creek episode with pups. The mobile version will come after the game is completed on PC/Mac platforms. We’ll then resume development of the next episode, Tower Fall (DLC).
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Re: Multiplayer Public Beta is Almost Here!

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Yayyy! Multiplayer is almost here! This is so exciting! I think a lot of players (including me) are going to be really, really excited to start beta testing!
Few questions:
Is phrase chat making a comeback?
Will wolf bios be able to be changed while in-game?

Thank you, and keep up the amazing work!

BlackMetal
Pup
Pup
Name: Avenger

Post by BlackMetal » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:20 am

This is very good news. I'm looking forward to it now!

I have question about phrase chat if it comes back. Will be there more phrases to use?

Keep up the amazing work and stay safe! :wink:

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:25 am

forgot to comment on this devlog yesterday so ill do it today. Really excited to here that multiplayer will be out very soon. Looks very fun. And although i wont be able to do the public beta, im fine with waiting a little longer for it to come out in early access.

Shina-K
Pup
Pup
Name: Kirozanagi/Kiro

Post by Shina-K » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:12 pm

The amount of effort and love put into the multiplayer beta is really evident! it's honestly amazing to see how clean and put together this is for such an early build of multiplayer content! There's definitely a few glitches (which is to be expected in beta) but I've seen AAA titles ship less stable content!

It just feels so natural to play and I'm so glad to be able to experience this game and community.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:31 pm

It's so great to see that multiplayer for WolfQuest Anniversary Edition is finally available to most WolfQuest players. It's a real honor to be able to test out new things that are coming to a game before the official release. In doing so, we get to essentially affect the future of the game and get involved in the game's development progress, and having a public "Trailblazer" form of beta testing is such a great way to get players involved in that. I'm also sure that it's much easier to find bugs, glitches and issues by having a much larger group of players testing it out.
I really hope that this method of testing new features continues to be used long after the full public release of multiplayer, because it allows the general community behind the game to get involved in ways that they never would able to do otherwise. Thank you, WolfQuest team!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:12 pm

katlove wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:37 pm
Is phrase chat making a comeback?
Will wolf bios be able to be changed while in-game?
Phrase Chat is coming back, though not for a few weeks at least.

Changing bios in-game....hmm, don't have any plans for that, but will keep the request in mind.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer