Sweet Dreams: WolfQuest Wallpaper

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Sweet Dreams: WolfQuest Wallpaper

Post by loboLoco » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:40 am

FREE WolfQuest Dreams Wallpaper!

As a small thank you to everyone who has supported WolfQuest over the years, we've put together a pack of desktop/phone wallpaper depicting some of the wolf dreams in WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition.

When playing the game, your wolf occasionally dreams of their quest for survival in Yellowstone National Park. What do wolves actually dream of? No one knows, so these images are our best (albeit whimsical) effort to imagine them.

It's a free download -- enjoy!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Re: Sweet Dreams: WolfQuest Wallpaper

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:04 am

These are so nice looking! I'll certainly be using these. Happy Howlidays!

Zawki

Post by Zawki » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:02 pm

They're so beautiful! I love them and will be sure to use one for my laptop - if I can decide on just one, that is!

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

SophieTheAiredale
Pup
Pup
Name: Sophie | She/they

Post by SophieTheAiredale » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Wow! These look great! I'm hitting that download button right now! Are the ones shown in the video the only ones? because in think I've seen Wolf dreams that look like they have a fire backdrop and some others.
I also had an idea that we cloud put the pictures together to tell a kind of "dream story". I know that is a bit off topic but i thought it would be fun!
Keep up the good work!

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:05 pm

Ive always liked the silhouette style dreams. Ill have to download the wallpaper later.

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:47 pm

Wow, I was just thinking last week about how great the dream images would be as wallpapers, and even screenshotted some of them in-game and uploaded them onto my phone to use as wallpapers. It looks like I won't have to do that anymore! While I would've liked a few more dream images in this pack, there's already plenty of different potential wallpapers in this pack that should make for plenty of different choices. I was a little afraid that the team would try to sell this pack as a DLC for the game, but I'm glad that they haven't, because I've seen some developers do things like that and I think it's a little unfair.

I personally love the dreams, they're really quite unique and I feel like they fit in well with the overall theme of WolfQuest and create great storytelling opportunities for our wolves. The visual style of them feels like a mix of a more cartoonish art style and WolfQuest's mostly realistic style, which I think suits the dreams quite well and and makes them clearly separate from the gameplay. Susan definitely did a great job with them! We don't know what exactly wolves would dream about, but I feel like these images represent what they might dream about quite well. The first time I ever had a dream in the game, I was really quite confused, but also pleasantly surprised, and had to ask myself "did my wolf just have a dream?". They seem like they would make great promotional images for the game, and if WolfQuest ever starts selling merchandise, I'd definitely like to see some of the dream images on a coffee mug or a T-shirt!

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:38 am

They look great (particularly the "beaver of doom" wallpaper)! I'll have to decorate with them soon. :)