Beary Bad News

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Beary Bad News

Post by loboLoco » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm

[youtube]WEaR1mxIYPA[/youtube]
Video link: https://youtu.be/WEaR1mxIYPA

The bad news bears finally make an appearance in today’s video, defending a carcass. It’s a sow (female) and two cubs — though now that the cubs are six months old, they’re not as frightened as younger cubs would be, and they don’t just hide behind their mother. That’s bad news for hungry wolves! As with everything we show in our devblog, this is a work in progress, so don’t worry about quirky things you may notice.

They also bring tidings of other bad news: despite our best efforts, we will not have Amethyst Mountain ready to release by the end of this year. Everything is coming together in exciting ways, but there are still simply too many bits and pieces that need to be built, tweaked, and polished. So now we’re looking at early 2019, though we have not set a release date. We are terribly sorry for making predictions that don’t come true — but we are getting close, and the game is looking even better than we’d hoped. We think the extended wait really will be worth it!

We are so gratified by our patient and supportive community. Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and humor get us through the day – even when the server goes down, cougars turn into pink panthers, the ravens fall from the sky (so perplexing…). Thanks for sticking with us!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

LamarWolf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Beary Bad News

Post by LamarWolf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 pm

It's sad that Wolfquest 3 release was delayed but I would rather get a Wolfquest that I see coming together than a really glitchy Wolfquest.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:24 pm

Everything is looking so amazing! And don't worry about missing release dates, this game will definitely be worth the wait and the WQ team deserves all the respect and praise for making it! I'd be willing to wait another two years for this game, though I hope I don't junx anything...

The terrain is so beautiful, and so realistic! This'll definitely be the best game in history, not only is it fun but it's educational! And I think it's helped so many wolves too, WolfQuest is so awesome, there's really no words for how great this game is and what it's done too so many individuals. Keep up the astounding work WQ Team! Y'all have my full support!

poncho0287
Pup
Pup

Post by poncho0287 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:37 pm

Everything looks so Pawesome and realistic. And I can wait and besides WolfQuest team deserves all of the supports of making this game and there very hard work over these years. :wolf:

MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup
Name: Mystery

Post by MysteryFoxSpirt » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:38 pm

The cubs attack?! Woah! And no, I’m not gonna shoot my angry thoughts at you! Your stressed enough! This project can be a long as you guys need it to be. I’m not too worried. I love WolfQuest, and even though I’m on mobile, and mobile is last, I’m not mad. Projects like these will take much longer than many game updates. I can be patient. Keep it up. And I promise I won’t give any hate. No mater what.

:D :wolf:

resanfray
Pup
Pup

Post by resanfray » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Wolfquest has always had an amazing community and amazing team that works on it.
I have to say the only flaw, is y'all are horrible at predictions.

But, I'm sure with the extra time you guys will really polish everything up. All the pieces are coming along nicely. I need something to get me through tough semesters. And Thursdays are always relief when I can hear more about the game coming along. You guys have come a long way and I'll be sticking around a long while to.

YellowstoneWolves1
Pup
Pup
Name: Snake

Post by YellowstoneWolves1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Everything is very nice looking. I love the bears, the wolf, and the terrain and trees. Looks very realistic. I'm not surprised Amethyst Mountain is being pushed to 2019, and I'll tell you why. A single, simple game takes a long time to design, code, and everything above. You have gone from a game like 2.7.3 to more realistic terrain, more animals, more and different models, more realistic animals, new sounds, new soundtracks, new EVERYTHING. You've gone from WolfQuest 2.7.3 to an entirely different looking game. You've changed WolfQuest entirely, even if the idea and concept is the same. That was a lot of change. If someone where to look at a screenshot from the current game, then watch a progress video, they probably won't even recognize it as the same game. I'm not saying anything of this is a bad thing, but once you look at it the changing due date makes sense and doesn't become much of a surprise. I'm not surprised the game's due date has been changed around so much. But you know what I say to all this? It's done when it's done. We will have it when it's done, and the wait will be worth it, for us players and for you developers.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:05 pm

Bad news aside, the game is coming along very well. I've been impressed with the progress I've seen and I can't wait to beta test the game once more.

Here's to 2019!

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:27 pm

First of all, there is one thing I want to say. That forest is BEAUTIFUL!
I am very excited to play the game, but I understand why it's taking so long. I think most of us have plans when we start big things, and they almost never go as we may hope. You guys are the patient ones. In a situation like this, I can imagine most people would want to rush things and maybe even skip features, but you're putting the time in to do it right, and I respect that. WolfQuest 3 is shaping up to be a truly amazing game, and you guys have my support!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:29 pm

Despite the delay, the game (and the bears) look great. Thanks for the update, Dave!

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:35 pm

I think its great that ya'll are taking the time to make such a great improvement to the game! It's going to be awesome! I can't wait to see all that ya'll have tweaked into the game! :D (Totally worth the wait!)

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:49 pm

I love the addition of the cubs; they'll make things more complex! :D :bear:
As for the additional wait, it's just fine; I know it'll be an amazing game and it'll be worth it in the end! :) Thanks for putting these videos up, too. Letting us know what's going on is kind and setting time aside for the players is very thoughtful. :D

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:15 pm

It's impossible to be frustrated when we have a team of developers who have been so committed to keeping us posted at every twist and turn. Although the game may be coming along slowly, we all know it is not for lack of effort. Thank you for your hard work!

Bushmeat
Pup
Pup

Post by Bushmeat » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:00 pm

On the bright side, the longer the game takes, the more videos I get to look forward to. I don't know what I'll do when the game is finished and out and I won't be able to hear Dave pronouncing the H in "where" "what" and "when" :P

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:21 pm

Bushmeat wrote: I don't know what I'll do when the game is finished and out and I won't be able to hear Dave pronouncing the H in "where" "what" and "when" :P
What!?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer