The Story So Far

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Skittish17
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Pierce

Re: The Story So Far

Post by Skittish17 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:18 pm

I'm so glad to know that you're taking more time to make it even better. Thank you for being so great to us, Team. I appreciate you all. :D

resanfray
Pup
Pup

Post by resanfray » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:51 am

I can’t be the only one that’s frustrated with all the theorized dates to only have it pushed back?

Believe me, I’m not ungrateful for all the lovely work being put into WolfQuest and I do very much enjoy the community, which is by far the best community I’ve ever experienced.

But with all the assumed dates and watching those times come and go, it’s a little ridiculous. My enthusiasm for the game is pretty much gone. There are very few things that excite me about it right now expect for the few details I can find in the
Videos. Such as the head tracking. I was shocked and incredibly excited to see that.

However I am sure when the game does come out I’ll be thinking how lovely it is and how worth the wait it was.

Still, I’m not ungrateful for the work that is being put into the game. Or the way you guys are so connected to the community and do communicate well.
I’m just frustrated that things were said and kept getting taken back.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:52 am

resanfray wrote:I can’t be the only one that’s frustrated with all the theorized dates to only have it pushed back?

Believe me, I’m not ungrateful for all the lovely work being put into WolfQuest and I do very much enjoy the community, which is by far the best community I’ve ever experienced.

But with all the assumed dates and watching those times come and go, it’s a little ridiculous. My enthusiasm for the game is pretty much gone. There are very few things that excite me about it right now expect for the few details I can find in the
Videos. Such as the head tracking. I was shocked and incredibly excited to see that.

However I am sure when the game does come out I’ll be thinking how lovely it is and how worth the wait it was.

Still, I’m not ungrateful for the work that is being put into the game. Or the way you guys are so connected to the community and do communicate well.
I’m just frustrated that things were said and kept getting taken back.
The team has avoided putting out a specific release date for this reason-- unfortunately in the world of game development, things seldom if ever go according to plan. It's easy to come up with all-new improvements that weren't planned for at first, and new implements often come with unexpected problems. Coding is a fickle beast, and especially for smaller teams that don't have dozens of dedicated coders to work on a game, often things just don't go as quickly as they seem like they're going to at first.
Yes, it can be disappointing to find out you have to wait even longer for a game to release, but I firmly believe the wait will be worth it in the end. Remember, what started out as a new episode for WolfQuest has become a complete and total rewrite of the existing game thus far. That makes a huge change in the projected release date.
When the WolfQuest team first announced their estimated release window, they were looking at a much smaller game. Since then, WolfQuest 3 has grown immensely, and that naturally outdated the initial estimates. It can be hard to find a good balance between saying something to the many viewers clamoring for an estimate and not giving an estimate that will be too early. Unfortunately in this case, the initial estimates were too early, but I'm thankful that the team was able to clarify what the situation looks like now.
It's been a long wait, certainly, but we're getting there-- and I'm confident that the end result will be well worth even the extended release dates.
But I certainly agree about the community-- you guys are one of the best communities I've ever been a part of, and I'm so thankful for how supportive you guys have been throughout the years :)