Emote Yourself

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Re: Emote Yourself

Post by Allikat10011 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Holy Cow Elk, that wolf looks AMAZING!

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:44 pm

Oh this is outstanding! The vocalizations are so amazing! And the play bow one was so cute! I can't wait to try these out!

Though I have a question
loboLoco wrote:(or Emotes button on mobile)
I thought I saw mobile mentioned in the last update video, is there a chance that WolfQuest3 is going to be available on mobile after all?

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:56 pm

The so-called "aggressive" emote leaves the wolf super scary with those intense looks of anger :lol:

Is it possible to use Emotes shortcuts in 3.0 as in 2.7?
In the current version has shortcut keys for each emoji (E+1, E+2, E+3...).
It would be so much more practical for me and everyone!

And what will be the system of fights with rival packs (not in PvP, but in Single Player - Amethyst Mountain)? It will be more realistic and fun if we do not have to choose ready-made phrases and one wolf bite the other at a time until some give up...

The map, the wolf, animations (look at this "Alert"emote :o), the sky (is this a moon appearing in the background? :shock:) Everything is perfect, keep this beautiful work WQ team! <3

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Ahh, I'm hot with excitement! I squeaked when the wolf snarled XD
The wolf animations are beautiful! And the emotes are impossible to wait for! But... I have to wait for them... im gonna die
Man, Dave and the WQ Team, you are doing such an amazing job!! Keep at it and good luck!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 pm

I'm speechless. The animations are fluid and natural, the model is beautiful--especially with its new fur shader--and these emotes are everything that I've ever wanted. I'm almost hoping that there'd going to be a mode where we can get rid of the chat altogether in multiplayer and attempt to communicate using emotes alone, haha.

With this being said, will these emotes trigger responses from wolves and other animals of different personalities alike? The potential is amazing. I love it so much!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Phasoli wrote:I'm speechless. The animations are fluid and natural, the model is beautiful--especially with its new fur shader--and these emotes are everything that I've ever wanted. I'm almost hoping that there'd going to be a mode where we can get rid of the chat altogether in multiplayer and attempt to communicate using emotes alone, haha.

With this being said, will these emotes trigger responses from wolves and other animals of different personalities alike? The potential is amazing. I love it so much!
I remember when 2.7 was first released, there was no free chat (phrased only). So people were forced to communicate using vocalizations and body language. It was really fun!

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:24 am

Now that is a scary snarl! The wolf can have my lunch money.
Gillato wrote:WQ is gonna be swimming with player's!
Hahaha I was just wondering if the game is going to simply crash when it is finally released...

The round panel reminds me of the emote panel of Ark: Survival evolved, and though the timing isn't always the greatest, the player will memorize it quite fast and therefore be quicker to respond even with many options to choose from. The favourites will make it even faster I think.

sophiaww
Pup
Pup

Post by sophiaww » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:04 am

This is AMAZING!!! I love the new emotes and that snarl is pretty scary. (which I love) Can your pups do/learn emotes like in WolfQuest 2.7? Also I'm not sure if you would do this since it looks like you already made the emotes but, maybe when we go on the emotes panel it will stop time and pause the game as you choose. Once you choose your emote the game will no longer be paused. If I multiplayer you can't change time. Keep up the good work WolfQuest :wolf:

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:56 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:I remember when 2.7 was first released, there was no free chat (phrased only). So people were forced to communicate using vocalizations and body language. It was really fun!
Hah! I remember that too. The magic was that, even with the little emotes we had, we could all still effectively communicate with each other. Especially during the Co-Op Missions.

These new emotes would make trying to communicate without a chatbox that much more interesting. I love it!

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Post by Gillato » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:55 am

Phasoli wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:I remember when 2.7 was first released, there was no free chat (phrased only). So people were forced to communicate using vocalizations and body language. It was really fun!
Hah! I remember that too. The magic was that, even with the little emotes we had, we could all still effectively communicate with each other. Especially during the Co-Op Missions.

These new emotes would make trying to communicate without a chatbox that much more interesting. I love it!
Well i remember that to and for me. thats why i left WQ beacause its rlly nofun when u are forced to use phrased chat.. it made WQ very Boring and more like a baby game. But when they added chat box i was like OOOOO Yeeeah!! then WQ was really awesome

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Post by 44wolfquest » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:36 pm

Oh wow! These new emotes are cool, and the play bow looks so much better. I love the favorites feature and the emotes done with another wolf. Keep up the good work! :wolf:

XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
Name: Destiny/Dest

Post by XxDestinyHeartxX » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:12 pm

Oh my gosh, it’s all so fluid and smooth! I do have a question though, and I might have to try this out myself when the game comes out: If you’ve gotten to the point in the game where you have a mate and/or pups, and you do an emote, (ie. Snarl), will they react (ie. Being submissive/aggressive)?

watergoat
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by watergoat » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:03 am

This is amazing. I know it will probably be a while before it comes out, but I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Also I agree. It will be hard to choose an emote before a stranger wolf reacts. So at least a delay would be nice

paytiec0811
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by paytiec0811 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:07 am

I am so excited! THAT SNARL. I love the new ways you can express yourself not only to your mate but other players. Good job you guys, I can't wait for this game to come out! :D

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:12 am

these animations are great! emotes will be really helpful in the game. in singleplayer, will the mate/pup AI be programmed to respond to these as well?