Shave and a Haircut

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Re: Shave and a Haircut

Post by ForeverEverest » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:48 pm

The new fur is beautiful! It looks so realistic. It still amazes me how such a small team can create such an amazing game, one which can compare so easily to those made by large companies. It seems you guys have the quality over quantity, the amount of dedication that must go into the game really shows.

Oh, and I liked when the wolf had a hairy chin. Bearded wolves should be a thing.

Leafpool1980123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Leafpool1980123 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:01 pm

IceaPlayzPC wrote:The fur looks absolutely beautiful! The wolves look so fluffy and huggable now aaaa

Note: dont hug wild wolves... they might not like it and they may bite you.
One time, when I was at a zoo (don't worry, all the animals had large areas similar to what it would be like in the wild (for example, the Lions had a large grassy area with lots of sunlight, and a few trees for shade, the wolves had lots of trees, as well as grass), as well as multiple places that they could go where the humans couldn't see them), you could pay to be allowed to meet a few of the animals (only ones that they knew were really good with meeting people we're options, and there were staff there, so you weren't alone or anything). I choose to meet the wolves, and we were allowed to pet and hug them. THEIR FUR IS SO SOFT!

cherie fleur
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Cherie

Post by cherie fleur » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:40 pm

As soon as I saw the YouTube notification I clicked on it and watched in amazement. I absolutely love the advance and development of the game so far! I can't wait to see more. :)

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Post by Gillato » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:42 pm

Woah! my jaw dropped when i saw the snow on the wolf! and fur some reason i really want to start using unity...hummm"
but! Amazing Job Jorge" <hope i spelled it right> and Great job WQ Team "Peace"

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:04 pm

loboLoco wrote: * Can my wolf have wet fur? That would be a cool effect but it’s tricky to create so we don’t know.
It would be nice to have this effect, since it would have a lot more realism when there were rains.

Are you guys thinking (or have you ever thought) of making storms and fires in the game? That would be a very fun and dangerous thing, since it could kill several pups, and even our wolf.
Still, it would be exciting! :roll:

I loved this video!
(3:57) - Maybe if there is a way to leave the wolf's coat like this, many players will make jokes about it. :lol:
Now doing this kind of "customization" on the wolf will be a lot more fun, besides making the wolf more realistic and cute!

And this snow effect, my God! :shock:

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:09 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Polynesia wrote: Will puppies have the same shaders as well?
Yes! (As will other animals)
That’s amazing. So the snow will accumulate on the other animals too?

I love the snow so much! I read that in the winter, wolf coats are so good at retaining body heat, that the snow on their fur doesn’t melt. Their coats stay snowy until the spring. :)

poncho0287
Pup
Pup

Post by poncho0287 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:16 pm

I love the snow effect on the wolf. It's so pretty. Awesome job :D

Siblaime
Pup
Pup

Post by Siblaime » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:17 pm

This is so beautiful that I sent the video to my friend who has never played WQ and even he said it looks very interesting. Hahah I can't wait for this game.

Black Burn
Name: BB for short

Post by Black Burn » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:37 pm

This is so stunning! At the end I thought I was looking at a real wolf! And the snow is such a great addition! It will put a lot of depth into the snowy days!

Keep up the amazing work WolfQuest Team! And thank you Jorge for this great new tool!

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:58 am

SheWolf17 wrote:
loboLoco wrote: * Can my wolf have wet fur? That would be a cool effect but it’s tricky to create so we don’t know.
It would be nice to have this effect, since it would have a lot more realism when there were rains.
I haven't tried using it, so I don't actually know how easy it would be, but to me it seems achieving a slight effect of wet fur would be possible with XFur. If the comb/brush tool was used to brush the fur downward, it might look a little wet.

sophiaww
Pup
Pup

Post by sophiaww » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:47 am

I love the new shader it's amazing!! I'm excited that the wolves can get snow on them and their fur gets longer and shorter depending on the season. Will you be adding this shader to ALL animals and will their fur get longer and shorter too? If you have a really white wolf ( which I'm not sure it's a option but I think it is ) will you have problems with the shader if you put snow on the white wolf? Will you not be able to see the snow or will it work fine? Anyways keep up the good work WolfQuest! :wolf:

Allikat10011
Pup
Pup
Name: Allikat

Post by Allikat10011 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:13 am

Haha, That wolf before it had it's hair cut looked like my hair every morning. Great job on the fur :D.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 am

That fur is revolutionary! It's so realistic, and the way that it's been shaped really describes the look of a wolf to me. I'm in love with it!

(At this point I'm just hoping that my computer can handle it, haha. I'd loove to play with that fur effect toggled.)

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:38 am

sophiaww wrote:I love the new shader it's amazing!! I'm excited that the wolves can get snow on them and their fur gets longer and shorter depending on the season. Will you be adding this shader to ALL animals and will their fur get longer and shorter too? If you have a really white wolf ( which I'm not sure it's a option but I think it is ) will you have problems with the shader if you put snow on the white wolf? Will you not be able to see the snow or will it work fine? Anyways keep up the good work WolfQuest! :wolf:

Dave did say all the animals will be getting the shader yes.

I'd also assume snow wouldn't be as visible on the white coat.

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:43 am

It's amazing, it looks so realistic! The story behind it is pretty cool, too, and the shader looks like a fun tool to mess around with.