For Better or For Worse

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

44wolfquest
Pup
Pup

Re: For Better or For Worse

Post by 44wolfquest » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:07 pm

My mates sometimes mess up my hunts, walk away during the journey to get food on the other side of the creek, or steal pups! Recently, one of my mates, Mistdrop, was running around by stranger territory to get a carcass until I reached the summer site! Most of my mates have a favorite pup that they kidnap or keep giving me! Examples of this are Ally, who was obsessed with my pup Rover, and Saddle, who was obsessed with my pup Draco! Bad mates!

XxDestinyHeartxX
Pup
Pup
Name: Destiny/Dest

Post by XxDestinyHeartxX » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:51 pm

Honestly, I’m very glad you guys are giving mates an overhaul. I recently shared my most annoying mate on the General WolfQuest Discussion thread, and I’ve had other annoying experiences. I’ve had mates grab a pup and take it so far across the map that I have to go rescue it cause the mate doesn’t care. Then again, I’ve also had mates that save my pup’s lives on the journey cause I ran out of food for them and forgot to hunt enough.

MY IDEAL MATE-
Somewhat bold, VERY energetic, and social. (Pack affinity tends to be a problem for me, the pups love to wander XD). It will be awesome to collab with my packmates in-game and figure out the best mate personality combos.

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:34 pm

• this is awesome! me and countless other people have likely had trouble with mates, so it's great to hear that this will be fixed within the upcoming game!

Sunnystar1000
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ruse

Post by Sunnystar1000 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:30 pm

I think my ideal mate would be cautious to the max; I actually really like to chase all the predators away and it would be a huge relief for me if instead of following me to attack, my mate stayed and made sure the pups were safe while I'm busy taking care of the threat/s.

I would like it if they were social, but I don't really care either way because I'm pretty good at keeping pack affinity high enough on my own. Probably best to be somewhere in the middle.

An energetic mate would be awesome, I hate having to carry and feed the pups while also keeping predators at bay mostly by myself during the journey. That said, a lot of my previous mates have done more trouble than good when they did help(mostly by grabbing pups and taking them in the wrong direction), so I'll be on the fence with this until I actually get to see how the new mate AI actually works out. I'm sure they'll be a lot better though, as the wolfquest team is really going above and beyond on improving AI for all of the animals of the game right now. :D :wolf: