Picnic in the Grass

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

airbones
Name: Razza

Re: Picnic in the Grass

Post by airbones » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm

So cute! I'm really liking the variety of prey that's being introduced - between these fellas, the bighorns, and the new elk herds it will be mighty hard to get bored of hunting.

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Thu May 17, 2018 9:18 pm

I love the relaxing music used here. Tim Buzza’s new tracks are one of the aspects I’m most looking forward to with the Anniversary Edition/Tower Fall.

The game will feel so much more alive with all the new additions of wildlife, especially newborns!

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:24 pm

Oooh, that fawn is CUTE!
The first thing I noticed was the grass. The grass looks... really good. And it just got better and better when the camera started lowering. :D

Thanks for sharing, Dave, and the WQ Team is incredible!!

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Fri May 18, 2018 4:24 am

Oh, what a little darling! It's going to be interesting trying to hunt these guys down. I'd feel so bad!

Gillato
Pup
Pup
Name: Vigilante'

Post by Gillato » Fri May 18, 2018 12:24 pm

did anyone else see the clouds!!! WOW i mean there sooo pretty! and the way u can see the wind gently flowing through the grass, its so beautiful! :pawprint:

Windstrider
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Wind

Post by Windstrider » Fri May 18, 2018 3:21 pm

Aw that fawn is adorable! And the landscape is looking beautiful, I love the clouds! Also gonna agree with Isela, the music is really nice. I'm looking forward to the new soundtrack as well.

ViperBrains

Post by ViperBrains » Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 pm

Daww, it's gonna be hard trying to take down one of those mule deer calfs without feeling bad about it 0: They're so cute!

The scenery is absolutely magnificent! The tall grass, the clouds the gentle strum of Tim Buzza's new track. It's all really coming together. Thanks for the update Dave and keep up the great work!

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:46 am

Wow, I can't wait to try to find a fawn! Lol they literally look like they are already dead. (With no sign of breathing) :D Can't wait to see this and all other things you guys add on.

-StarBender2000 :wolf:

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat May 19, 2018 3:18 pm

Those fawns look delicious. :)

SheWolf17
Pup
Pup
Name: SheWolf

Post by SheWolf17 » Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Everything looks great! I've been more focused on the landscape, and, it looks super bigger!
And that soundtrack, OMG! It gives a sense of fun and exploration.
Have you thought about putting a cooler night vision type? That is, in the game (mainly in MP) you could see the other wolf's eyes shine in a dark place, plus a better view as you press the "V" key at night.

Anyway...have you solved the problem of ''IK''? Hehee, I would like to see more videos of them next to a very funny little song! :mrgreen:

Zikura22
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Zicka

Post by Zikura22 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 am

This must be a new soundtrack for Slough Creek! Sounds awesome. Tbh I have watched this video for over 10 times to listen to it :D

I am not sure if I´d be able to kill it tho. It would be kind of sad. But I like when you guys add the real stuff in the game as it is so I don´t complain. It is sad, but that´s how nature works. And anyways it is very interesting to put people into a wolf life like this. We will have to make decisions like wolves usually do and of course, wolves cannot really choose if the baby is cute or not. They take care of their own pups as well.

Lots of people watch documentaries and say - wolves are just bad because killing these little, adorable, innocent beings :moose: and when seeing them hunt, they just take the preys side to escape from the predator. But they sometimes dont think about the situation wolves and predators go through, that they need to eat, save energy and feed their offspring as well.

I just like this idea because this way people can see what nature is like and understand it better when they play as wolves.

Yeah I have played many animal simulator games, they were either unrealistic (elephant in the middle of the forest like this :shock: :lol: ) or when killing those animals I did not feel sorry for them. There were no babies like that (they were not even that cute lol)

So GREAT JOB :wolf: