When When When?

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

x1103
Pup
Pup

Re: When When When?

Post by x1103 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:06 pm

I kind of told myself to take this like a grown up, to be patient, or at least pretend and definitely not post any of my moaning here... But man I can't wait! Everything you've shown so far is just great. Pure awesomeness. Also I can't believe how humble you're about it, I'm seriosly considering purchasing the game anyway though it's free for everyone with 2.7. (Or ofc if you have a proper way for giving donations, I'll just use that.) Really hope you'll be able to release it this year. I can't believe that an educational game makes me this happy. You have reached this kid. :lol:

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 am

x1103 wrote:I kind of told myself to take this like a grown up, to be patient, or at least pretend and definitely not post any of my moaning here... But man I can't wait! Everything you've shown so far is just great. Pure awesomeness. Also I can't believe how humble you're about it, I'm seriosly considering purchasing the game anyway though it's free for everyone with 2.7. (Or ofc if you have a proper way for giving donations, I'll just use that.) Really hope you'll be able to release it this year. I can't believe that an educational game makes me this happy. You have reached this kid. :lol:
Aw, thanks so much! We sure appreciate everyone's support and patience. We are so excited about the new game but are well aware how long it is taking!

We don't have a formal way to make donations to WQ development but you could buy the music extras and perhaps add a tip. :D
http://www.wolfquest.org/soundtrack.php
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

x1103
Pup
Pup

Post by x1103 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:54 pm

I'll do that. :)

Noctis_
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Noctis_ » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:24 pm

I recently attended a sort of seminar about programming, and one of the speakers said something pretty accurate and relatable. "If you think something is going to take a certain amount of time [to program], multiply it by 300 and that's how long it's actually going to take."
I completely understand the wait. It always feels like 80% of programming is just bugfixing.

RavenWillow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Rose

Post by RavenWillow » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Any more funny bloopers? It would be fun to see some new ones :lol: :wolf:

Inagabriella
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Inagabriella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:22 am

I just can't wait! This wolf looks amazing! I know how hard you work to make Wolf Quest a much better game and I am looking forward to this. :D
Keep up the good work :wolf:

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:59 am

RavenWillow wrote:Any more funny bloopers? It would be fun to see some new ones :lol: :wolf:
Sadly, most bugs are simply frustrating, not amusing.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

MysteryFoxSpirt
Pup
Pup
Name: Mystery

Post by MysteryFoxSpirt » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 pm

loboLoco wrote:
RavenWillow wrote:Any more funny bloopers? It would be fun to see some new ones :lol: :wolf:
Sadly, most bugs are simply frustrating, not amusing.
I understand ur pain. Game makers have a tough time when making the next update of their game, from glitches, to this they thought they finished but there was a glitch, it's tough.

ITS A HARD KNOCK LIFE FOR U! IT'S A HARD KNOCK LIFE FOR ALL!

(Sorry just had to XD) :wolf:

XmattaX
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by XmattaX » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:53 pm

When did you start devolupment for wolfquest 3.0

Noxeon
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Eon

Post by Noxeon » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

What's been leaked so far for 3.0 looks really cool!
I'm sure it will be worth the wait, though I must admit waiting is getting pretty tough, I really want to explore the bigger maps xD
Everything looks beautifully detailed and so realistic, it's breathtaking! :wolf:

tmwinder
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by tmwinder » Tue May 01, 2018 6:13 pm

It looks SOO good! I love the new wolf model! Thank you so much to the WolfQuest editors and creators! Lets all give them a howl of praise! ARWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!
~tmwinder~

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Thu May 03, 2018 4:23 am

The game looks like it's coming along really well, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait.

Also, the weekly updates on how the game's coming along are really nice, they certainly make waiting a whole lot easier, and give me something to look forward to every week.

ShadowOkamiMT
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Shadow

Post by ShadowOkamiMT » Sun May 06, 2018 5:53 pm

To be fair you guys have been saying it would come soon for almost two in a half years now, I can see why people would be asking when it will actually happen. I am not sure what goes on at your computer lab over there and I am not going to judge since I know you guys are not the greatest with release dates, but honestly maybe in the future don't hype it up so early. All I have to say is you guys better not disappoint after keeping us waiting so long and hyping it like crazy. Good luck to you guys and looking forward to seeing what you bring us!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun May 06, 2018 8:39 pm

ShadowOkamiMT wrote:To be fair you guys have been saying it would come soon for almost two in a half years now, I can see why people would be asking when it will actually happen. I am not sure what goes on at your computer lab over there and I am not going to judge since I know you guys are not the greatest with release dates, but honestly maybe in the future don't hype it up so early. All I have to say is you guys better not disappoint after keeping us waiting so long and hyping it like crazy. Good luck to you guys and looking forward to seeing what you bring us!
If you’re including this thread (which is vague and does not distinguish between WolfQuest 3 and Tower Fall), it’s only been a year and a half since this was announced— and an announcement of plans is very different from saying something will “come soon.” This subforum for development itself wasn’t even created until 2017.

ForeverEverest
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Everest/Evie

Post by ForeverEverest » Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 am

To add on to Koa,

Making a game is a lot of hard work, and the WolfQuest team isn't very big.

Once they've programmed everything, they then have to check for any bugs, then fix any problems they find. I do not know a lot about game designing, but I know some bugs can be tricky to fix. Finding out what the actual problem is then solving it can take a while, and fixing one bug can occasionally lead to more problems. And from what I've heard, many unexpected complications can appear when designing a game, which can really drag out the release date.

I find this topic is a good example of the complications, and why it's so hard to predict the release date:
A Very Limber Wolf