New Hunting Moves

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Re: New Hunting Moves

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Its looking gorgeous I'm thinking the only thing throwing me off though is the lack of movement with the tail and the ginormous mule deer but it's amazing!!

Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by Pepper » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:04 pm

Wolvencall wrote:Its looking gorgeous I'm thinking the only thing throwing me off though is the lack of movement with the tail and the ginormous mule deer but it's amazing!!
Ha! It is ginormous... all the better to bite, my deer! Seriously though, we needed an-elk sized ungulate to work with so we grew the mule deer model to elk-size (elk model is not ready).
Pepper
WolfQuest Team Member

Shake your glitter.

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Wolvencall wrote:Its looking gorgeous I'm thinking the only thing throwing me off though is the lack of movement with the tail and the ginormous mule deer but it's amazing!!
I looked around on youtube and it looks like wolves' tails are pretty stable when they run.. Most tail movements are not caused by running alone, but by an uneven ground and things like that. :)

[youtube]vmsB30vaz9A[/youtube]

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm

About that floppy moose... what if we saw floppy wolf going after the moose? It'd be the most hilarious hunt.

I'm pleased for better hunting moves; when I watched wolf documentaries I noticed that not one wolf did that bite and hold thing (I admit it will take some getting used to, though).

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:15 am

loboLoco wrote:Why oh why can’t wolves use ranged weapons — so much easier! But we’re getting there, and I think it’ll be worth it.
are you insinuating you have almost managed to teach real-life wolves how to use ranged weapons so that it can be incorporated into the game? dreams do come true

--

This sounds pretty promising and exciting, and that video was a treat as well. Does make me wonder where the numbering for that bug came from... have you been keeping track?

I love how the game's realism continues to improve in favour of moving away from older game traditions. Best of luck with the continued development of this, as it does sound tricky!

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:10 am

Ohh okay makes sense! maybe because it's low down which threw me off at first^~^

PearlyReborn
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Meg

Post by PearlyReborn » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:27 am

Ecliptic wrote:About that floppy moose... what if we saw floppy wolf going after the moose? It'd be the most hilarious hunt.

I'm pleased for better hunting moves; when I watched wolf documentaries I noticed that not one wolf did that bite and hold thing (I admit it will take some getting used to, though).
It would be a great easter egg if you were programmed to become floppy wolf when you bite floppy moose.

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:56 am

Anduril wrote:This sounds pretty promising and exciting, and that video was a treat as well. Does make me wonder where the numbering for that bug came from... have you been keeping track?
I was wandering the same thing. Is this the 737th bug you've encountered? If so, then woah. That's quite a load to fix!

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Looking forward to everything that is to come! That bug is the greatest. XD

kalbertar
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Kai

Post by kalbertar » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 pm

Poor thing XD I can't wait for the improved hunting, it would so cool to see a group in multiplayer bring down and elk while attacking various places on the elk itself.

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Post by DragonSoul720 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:10 am

More realistic hunting sounds very fun. I always questioned holding onto elk butt. Great stuff guys.

Ecliptic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ecliptic » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:36 am

I see what you mean... not on the tail exactly (somebody pointed out that they usually run with a stable tail) but the left legs threw me off a little. Maybe it was just the angle?

Wolfyyy123
Pup
Pup

Post by Wolfyyy123 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:53 am

Beautiful graphics I love way the wolf runs like he is focus on hunt I can't wait until episode 3 come out! Thank Dave for give us a sneak peek at tower fall and it new features happy hunting to you all~❤️

ValorWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: FionaFox

Post by ValorWolf » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:06 pm

The new moves look great! I can't wait to try out this new hunting method in game. :moose:

Paradiigm
Name: Atlas

Post by Paradiigm » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:31 pm

CapriciousCeilican wrote:This is gorgeous, never change it xD

Will the throat be an available target area as well?
This is pretty accurate too, so if that were a choice near the end when the elk is backing away from you, that would be even more realistic and entertaining!!