FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

xc92u3

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:53 pm

cloudlover07 wrote:Will we see elk carcasses vanish in water as in the current version, or will they float/ go to a shallow end of a water source?
Ooh, that's a good question! Yes, I've found this quite frustrating sometimes, especially with noobs that don't understand when you tell them not to kill bull moose in water.
Also, similar to the water problem, what will happen whence you eat all the meat from a kill? Will it melt into the ground, too?

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Is Lost River is coming out after everything else is finished? I read that somewhere in this forum. Though that wasn't my main question; will LR be bigger and improved just like the rest of the game when it, too, is released? :wolf:
Thanks! :D

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:44 pm

Mwitu wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:39 pm
Is Lost River is coming out after everything else is finished? I read that somewhere in this forum. Though that wasn't my main question; will LR be bigger and improved just like the rest of the game when it, too, is released? :wolf:
According to Dave's most recent post on the matter, Lost River will be included "at some point."
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2551395#top

But, in a May post, he clarified that updates to Lost River may come after WQ3's initial release.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... r#p2538853

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Koa wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:44 pm
Mwitu wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:39 pm
According to Dave's most recent post on the matter, Lost River will be included "at some point."
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=2551395#top

But, in a May post, he clarified that updates to Lost River may come after WQ3's initial release.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... r#p2538853
Okay, thank you! :)
I just remembered another question - will we have to create a new WQ3 account or will it transfer to the update? Thanks! :wolf:

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Mwitu wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:01 pm
I just remembered another question - will we have to create a new WQ3 account or will it transfer to the update? Thanks! :wolf:
Your existing 2.7 account/premium game account will be compatible with WolfQuest 3.
loboLoco wrote:Will my wolves import?
WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition will use the same player accounts as 2.7. You’ll be able to log into WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition and import your existing wolves and they will remain available in 2.7 as well (though you won’t be able to import a wolf from WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition back into 2.7).
Please make sure you've read the first post, as that answers most of the common questions about the upcoming Anniversary Edition update. ;)

Mwitu
Pup
Pup

Post by Mwitu » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:13 pm

Neamara wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:25 pm
Mwitu wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:01 pm
Your existing 2.7 account/premium game account will be compatible with WolfQuest 3.
loboLoco wrote:Will my wolves import?
WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition will use the same player accounts as 2.7. You’ll be able to log into WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition and import your existing wolves and they will remain available in 2.7 as well (though you won’t be able to import a wolf from WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition back into 2.7).
Please make sure you've read the first post, as that answers most of the common questions about the upcoming Anniversary Edition update. ;)
I forgot it applied to the account, too. Thank you! :)

Wolffiey
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Wolffiey » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am

Question, so I had paid for the full version plus the skins for wolfquest, I read most of what was posted about how you most likely will need a RAM of at least 2GB (I think can't remember from the top of my head) and my phone Ram can run at 1.5 would it be possibly to make mobile and computer versions separate so that the people that cannot afford a new phone aren't left out?? Or will you guys possibly make it so we can adjust the graphics so thag the game runs smoother on phone/tablet? Im sure others would also greatly appreciate it if you guys made the WolfQuest v3 workable on most phones... I have a Samsung galaxy Js7 and it can run wolfquest 2.7 with ease, I understand the new version is far larger all around, but I know that you guys can make the new game workable on mobile phones as old as mine, it may cost some tweaking to the game and we all understand that, just please do whatever you guys can to make it enjoyable to all users no matter the device, it may take time and in the end it will definitely be worth it, thank you for taking time to read this post, I love the game and I love how far you guys have gotten, I love wolves, I love games, this game(Wolfquest in general) is the best game to come to 2019. Keep up the good work! :D

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:28 am

Wolffiey wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:44 am
Question, so I had paid for the full version plus the skins for wolfquest, I read most of what was posted about how you most likely will need a RAM of at least 2GB (I think can't remember from the top of my head) and my phone Ram can run at 1.5 would it be possibly to make mobile and computer versions separate so that the people that cannot afford a new phone aren't left out?
Hi Wolffiey, no public information other than what is written on the first post of this thread is available. I'm assuming this part is what you read:
loboLoco wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:49 pm
For the mobile version, we know already that WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition and Tower Fall will not run on cheaper phones and tablets. We expect to have a minimum requirement of 2 GB of RAM memory. (That’s different than storage, which is usually at least 16 GB.) For devices with less RAM, WolfQuest 2.7 will remain available. (And if you buy either version, we think we can make your purchases unlocked on the other version, so if you buy a better device someday, you’ll have those purchases).
To reiterate that in a way that hopefully answers your question: Even though WQ3 will be a free upgrade to 2.7, WolfQuest 2.7 will remain a separately available edition to those with lower-end devices. I believe the mobile versions are already developed with a lower spec requirement than the PC versions in mind; unfortunately, that means the requirements likely can't get brought down even further than that and you will most likely not be able to run WQ3 on your current phone.

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:35 am

I would assume the answer is yes, but will our mates and pups also transfer from 2.7 to 3.0, especially once Tower Fall is released?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:05 am

Dinoman9877 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:35 am
I would assume the answer is yes, but will our mates and pups also transfer from 2.7 to 3.0, especially once Tower Fall is released?
No. It's an all-new game, so you'll start over in Amethyst.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Dinoman9877
Pup
Pup

Post by Dinoman9877 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:13 am

loboLoco wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:05 am
Dinoman9877 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:35 am
No. It's an all-new game, so you'll start over in Amethyst.
Darn. Almost feel like I’d be cheating by playing through again with my already mated wolves. Thanks for the answer!

Edit to avoid double post:

So I've actually been meaning to ask this, but it's never actually crossed my mind to actually ask. What will diversity of your mate affect, as far as the pups are concerned. Will it affect their health, the amount of pups in the litter, how long they can go between feedings?

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 pm

Will there be calves in anniversary edition of just in towerfall?
Edit: How will other predators interact with prey.
Last edited by elkhunter123456 on Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:09 am

elkhunter123456 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:31 pm
Will there be calves in anniversary edition of just in towerfall?
Yes, there will be elk and mule deer calves in the Anniversary Edition as well as Tower Fall.

Here are a couple videos showcasing the new calves:

- Herding Calves
- Summertime Snack

elkhunter123456
Yearling
Yearling

Post by elkhunter123456 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:24 pm

With the new hunger meter how long would your wolf be able to survive without food?

DinoDogDude209
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by DinoDogDude209 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:16 pm

While we don't quite know how ranks and XP will work in WolfQuest 3, what about the rest of our wolf's pack stats? Will a 2.7 wolf imported into WolfQuest 3 still have the same amount of cougars chased off, or coyotes killed, or elk killed? I'm assuming those wouldn't carry over because of how much different the game will be, because while a 2.7 wolf may have fifteen cow elk killed, killing fifteen cow elk in WolfQuest 3 would probably be much harder. Would the number of elk killed, stranger encounters survived, etc. be completely reset when the player imports their 2.7 wolf into 3.0, or would there be an "Old Stats" or "Pre 3.0 Stats" panel in the pack stats menu?