FAQs about WolfQuest: Anniversary Edition

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

tatd_2217
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Taylor

Re: FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition

Post by tatd_2217 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 pm

Sorry about another question.. I'm not sure if it's been told by Dave or already asked but will the mates be more helpful in the update?

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:21 pm

I have a question too.
Will mates help to chase away animals, such as kill coyotes and chase away grizzles? Of course they'll run away from the bear or cougar once they've been too hurt, right? Or will they be as lazy as 2.7., just keeping the pups by the den and sometimes failing to do that? I really hope my pups have a good dad who is there for them. :)

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:40 am

@TimberRaven: It was mentioned that mates will have personalities in 3.0, which is implied to affect how they interact with the environment, prey, predators and their own family.

TheFallenWarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

another question perhaps

Post by TheFallenWarrior » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:22 pm

ive been woundering if there might be a way at one point that you could import your wolfquest 2.7 wolves into the wolfquest 3

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:25 pm

@TheFallenWarrior: Going from the response provided on page 4, yes, you will be able to import your wolves in a one-way transfer from 2.7 up to 3.0.

Wolvesarelife994
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Announcing WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition!

Post by Wolvesarelife994 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:08 pm

ok, questin. Are there going to be more dens in the new slough creek map? Will the wolves be able to dig their own den in future episodes? :D

Paige3138
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Paige3138 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 pm

I have a question, I've heard that wolves in 3.0 will have perosnalities, and that finding and getting an actual mate will be harder. Oh my XD all my wolves in this game have specific mates... I wonder how that will go.. anyway I was wondering that in 3.0 will mates be harder to get how? Will we have to impress them some how? Like by hunting and/or taking down a bear to impress the brave and strong wolves? Or showing your faith and loyalty to the wolves who are more lovable and more social? Or will it be just like 2.7 how we will have a set of things to say and actions to do, but it will be mixed up and not the same hello there, i like you, lets play sort of thing every single wolf?

Hacker707
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Hacker707 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:36 pm

Wow! I'm amazed at how far the game has gotten. WolfQuest is such an amazing game! I love it a lot!

Themba
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Themba » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:08 pm

I have been playing Wolf Quest for approximately 6 years and I am so happy to see it evolving with each passing year. I'm here for the long haul, too and cannot wait for WQ3 and Tower Fall to be released. Thank you for your hard work and for keeping us updated!

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:46 pm

I've noticed Dave hasn't made a new post... maybe he forgot because he's too excited because he finally has a release date!

Smoketail18
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Smoketail18 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:07 pm

I apologize because I'm you get this question a lot, but I can't seem to find the answer in the faq page for tower fall. It said that by the end of the summer, your pups should grow big enough to join in the hunting trips. But does that mean follow along so as to watch and learn, or will they help kill prey?

Poa
Pup
Pup
Name: Twister

Post by Poa » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Smoketail18 wrote:I apologize because I'm you get this question a lot, but I can't seem to find the answer in the faq page for tower fall. It said that by the end of the summer, your pups should grow big enough to join in the hunting trips. But does that mean follow along so as to watch and learn, or will they help kill prey?
I'm curious about this as well.

Also, during the Tower Fall missions, Dave has mentioned you'll need to find a new home for your family in Tower Falls. I'm curious, does this mean that your pups/mate will be stuck at the den as they are during the Slough Creek missions, or do they follow you around like your mate does? And if they follow you, I'm curious to see what purpose the den(s) have.

(I also fully understand if this isn't something you want to explain or reveal, so you don't have to answer my question if it's spoilers)

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:42 pm

Smoketail18 wrote:I apologize because I'm you get this question a lot, but I can't seem to find the answer in the faq page for tower fall. It said that by the end of the summer, your pups should grow big enough to join in the hunting trips. But does that mean follow along so as to watch and learn, or will they help kill prey?
Consulting the IWC wolf pup development chart, it appears that it is a while before the pups start hunting with the pack, but during the summer they follow and watch. I’m pretty sure that the pups in Tower Fall are still rather young.

Polynesia
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Polynesia » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:38 pm

But they did also say that your pups may use calves and fawns as hunting practice! :D

winterstorm2021
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Nichole

Post by winterstorm2021 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:33 am

I haven't played wolfquest for very long, but I enjoy the game very much. I was wondering if the developers could add bison to the list of animals, since those are one of the other animals wolves sometimes hunt. Just a thought..