Announcing WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

DragonSoul720
Pup
Pup
Name: Soul

Re: Announcing WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition!

Post by DragonSoul720 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Well that's good. I don't mind waiting a little longer. I've been waiting since 2.3 XD
But seriously, redoing the previous episodes with the new codebase will probably make everything smoother, in the long run.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Will the tower fall map be expanded as well I'm guessing?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:30 am

An update on the release date, from the new dev blog:
loboLoco wrote:I’m indefatigably optimistic about the pace of development, but once again reality has intruded. We’re making steady progress, but each new feature is slower to build and refine than I’d imagined. So alas, we are not going to release WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition in 2017. We’re aiming for early 2018 now, and I’m optimistic about that, of course. Tower Fall will then follow that in a few months, we think. We can hear your collective sigh (or primal scream) but remember, the wait will be worth it!

AveryCF
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Avery

Post by AveryCF » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm very happy WQ never died after all these years. I guess some part of me is ashamed I did briefly give up on it sense the game was dying not long after the weather and sleeping was introduced. It shocked me to see such a comeback when the game was suggested to me on Steam after I nearly let that part of my childhood slip away. But to see an episode three coming out after so long of people saying the pups would never grow up? Trust me, I don't think i'll ever stop marveling or make the mistake of dismissing WQ and it's team again. If anyone was wrong by a long shot? It was me, hard core. x'D

Thanks for letting it live on guys and proving me wrong, it brings a smile to my face every day I know that Wolf Quest is still alive and thriving. c:

tripper01
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by tripper01 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:14 am

Wow checked the website randomly after... 7-8 years give or take? had to be only 12 ish.. And to see that the game has yet to die just wow... its really awesome! I have to say this game was one of my FAVORITE childhood games, started playing right around when it first came out and it really stuck with me. Keep up the good work! I'm super excited to see this new updated version :D

natitaxds_wolfdog
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by natitaxds_wolfdog » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am

I'm so excited! when reading the wolfquest announcement the first thing I thought was: this is great, but I would also like to know if they could add a single detail for the individual game, not multiplayer, in which your cubs grow and you can teach them to hunt and build a big pack, please, if the designers of the game read this, I would be very happy that they could do something similar to my idea for the next version, which comes free for me for buying version 2.7, thanks for helping the wolves! :wolf: :wolf: :P

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:40 am

• I meant to post on this thread a little while ago when I was last online, but I'm really excited for this! I'm looking forward to the updates and when it gets released!

ShortyTheDireWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by ShortyTheDireWolf » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Grew up playing this game since 2009, I'm blow away that another episode is coming out! This is gonna be awesome! So anyone have an probable release date??

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:54 am

ShortyTheDireWolf wrote:Grew up playing this game since 2009, I'm blow away that another episode is coming out! This is gonna be awesome! So anyone have an probable release date??
2018 is the estimate the team are aiming for, however this could change. There is no current release date. Keep your eyes peeled on the FAQs about the Tower Fall expansion and FAQs about WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition threads for any changes or new info.

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:26 pm

So when WQ 3 is released for those already playing 2.7, we will just need to load the game and it would be entirely new? That sounds fair enough, although I do have a slight purchase question. Not sure if I should PM somebody about it or what.

I can't wait to see all the new features.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 pm

SimplyGreenflower wrote:So when WQ 3 is released for those already playing 2.7, we will just need to load the game and it would be entirely new? That sounds fair enough, although I do have a slight purchase question. Not sure if I should PM somebody about it or what.

I can't wait to see all the new features.
WQ 3 is free to those who already own 2.7, its like a massive free update. They are basically remaking the game and putting it in the same package.

What's your purchase question? You can ask it here.

xc92u3

Post by xc92u3 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 am

Oh, nice, SolitaryHowl. I have the game now, 2.7., and am obsessed with it. :mrgreen:

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:27 pm

I can't wait to see the new features and game play. The videos make it look like it is going to be so much fun.

Okay so I bought the game some time ago and the link to its download was sent on my email. Well we changed cable providers which meant that email was now diasabled. So if my computer happens to go down...is there a way that I can have the email changed so it can be sent to a different account that I can access more easily no matter which computer I may be using?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:10 pm

SimplyGreenflower wrote:I can't wait to see the new features and game play. The videos make it look like it is going to be so much fun.

Okay so I bought the game some time ago and the link to its download was sent on my email. Well we changed cable providers which meant that email was now diasabled. So if my computer happens to go down...is there a way that I can have the email changed so it can be sent to a different account that I can access more easily no matter which computer I may be using?
You'll want to email Dave Schaller about that at info@wolfquest.org

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 pm

Okay thank you.