Announcing a New Episode: Tower Fall!

Find out what we're doing and thinking as we develop WolfQuest 3: Anniversary Edition and the Tower Fall expansion!

Moderators: Neamara, Koa

Ayeni
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: Announcing Episode 3: Tower Fall!

Post by Ayeni » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:43 am

Hello ! Very, very late reply to this, but after finally finding out after a long hiatus I only have one question :

Since it is to be a paid DLC, but multiplayer-compatible, how will the multiplayer servers work ?

Will anyone who does not have the DLC for Tower Fall not be able to join any games including it ? I assume not, but how will blocking them from joining work ? Will their game auto-crash or auto-kick them, since they did not have the content loaded ? Or will Tower Fall servers not show for anyone who does not have the DLC ?

Thank you in advance for answering any of my questions !

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:31 am

Ayeni wrote:Hello ! Very, very late reply to this, but after finally finding out after a long hiatus I only have one question :

Since it is to be a paid DLC, but multiplayer-compatible, how will the multiplayer servers work ?

Will anyone who does not have the DLC for Tower Fall not be able to join any games including it ? I assume not, but how will blocking them from joining work ? Will their game auto-crash or auto-kick them, since they did not have the content loaded ? Or will Tower Fall servers not show for anyone who does not have the DLC ?

Thank you in advance for answering any of my questions !
If you've purchased Tower Fall, then you'll have that choice of location when creating a game, and in the multilplayer lobby, TF games will be listed. If you haven't purchased it, then those options will be hidden.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

bigfootfan34
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Russell

Post by bigfootfan34 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:19 am

ahhh im so excited! good luck guys! :moose:

Scourgelover14
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Elsa

Post by Scourgelover14 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:42 pm

This is so coolio bro!

GhostWolfy10
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Ghost, Hunt, Wolf

Post by GhostWolfy10 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm

I am so thrilled for WolfQuest 3.0, I've always wanted to where we grow the pups after! So, Lamar Valley Isn't going to be a map? But I know, or believe that the next episode will have all maps that are playable with all of the updates included. Will Lost River still be a map? Or will you have to completely restart from Amethyst Mountain, get a mate, go to Slough Creek, get your offspring to the summer hunting grounds, raise your pups then go to Tower Fall?
~ GhostTheWolf

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:27 pm

I heard somewhere that EP3 wont be released until 2018, is this true? Sorry if i missed it somewhere on the thread XD

If so, its no biggy, it takes time to make perfection and i know thats what you guys are doing! Keep up the good work!

Will bison be added?

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:35 pm

JordyWild wrote:I heard somewhere that EP3 wont be released until 2018, is this true? Sorry if i missed it somewhere on the thread XD

If so, its no biggy, it takes time to make perfection and i know thats what you guys are doing! Keep up the good work!

Will bison be added?
The alleged release date is on the "Howling at Tower Fall" video located in this thread. However I suppose being patient is the best course of action for now, since that can change at any time.
loboLoco wrote:Someday we hope to add more wolf coats, but it's not a high priority for Tower Fall. And if/when we do, we'll stick with the current method, which is basing coat patterns on actual Yellowstone wolves. We'd love to do an Arctic wolf expansion map someday, though....
Very interesting! I'd love to see that happening in the future.

SimplyGreenflower
Pup
Pup

Post by SimplyGreenflower » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:54 am

How will the game know which pups to use? I just completed the game with all four pups surviving (including a white pup). Does the game automatically record the success and then you just choose that saved file and go?

It will be wonderful to see all four pups as grown young wolves. But can we also be the stranger wolf and attack the young of the rival packs? It sounds unfair that these wolves can threaten our pack, but we can't really go in and attempt to get even. I would guess that it would be risky, but it would be fun snooping around the dens of another pack.

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:13 am

SimplyGreenflower wrote:How will the game know which pups to use? I just completed the game with all four pups surviving (including a white pup). Does the game automatically record the success and then you just choose that saved file and go?
I am assuming it will work similarly to the transition of Amethyst Mountain and Slough Creek. In other words, the game will indeed remember your puppies. There was also a (very brief) "discussion" in the past about whether the puppies you played with in Slough Creek should be able to be revived (the answer to which was "no, they shouldn't) which should confirm that the puppies you will start tje Tower Fall episode with will be the same as the ones you finished Slough Creek with.

As for your other question...
SimplyGreenflower wrote:But can we also be the stranger wolf and attack the young of the rival packs? It sounds unfair that these wolves can threaten our pack, but we can't really go in and attempt to get even. I would guess that it would be risky, but it would be fun snooping around the dens of another pack.
I can't give you an unambiguous, detailed answer, but for what it's worth -- pack versus pack combat is coming: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=82659

Tara420
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Tara420 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:10 pm

thay should make it ware we can raise the next litter and so on as many litters as we want

* Please refrain from double posting, as this is a form of SPAM. Thank you! *
- Isela

Isela
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Isela » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Tara420 wrote:thay should make it ware we can raise the next litter and so on as many litters as we want
The new episode will start where Episode 2 left off, so you will continue working to raise and teach your pups, as stated in the original post -
loboloco wrote:* The pups continue to grow — and so do their appetites.
* Fortunately there are elk and moose calves around, which make easier hunting for clever wolves.
* As the summer progresses, those pups will grow big enough to join in the hunting trips.
* Rival wolf packs may try to kill your pups and even take over your territory — unless you’re strong and skillful enough to fight them off.
In the future, please make sure to post any ideas you may have regarding future episodes in the Ideas For New Episodes V2 topic. Thank you :]

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:13 pm

What seasons will we go through for this episode? Just the rest of the summer?

xX_WillowWisp_Xx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Florence

Post by xX_WillowWisp_Xx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:08 am

Wow looks amazing, so excited and am keeping up with all the news,
any idea on what the graphics requirements might be? because i am getting a new laptop soon and i want to make sure it will be able to run the best graphics quality with ease
thanks

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 am

xX_WillowWisp_Xx wrote:Wow looks amazing, so excited and am keeping up with all the news,
any idea on what the graphics requirements might be? because i am getting a new laptop soon and i want to make sure it will be able to run the best graphics quality with ease
thanks
The most accurate prediction of what the graphics requirements will come when the game is actually completed, most likely. Laptops are also tricky, because most run on integrated graphics and do not have a dedicated graphics card. If you're looking at buying a new laptop, I suggest you look at something with dedicated graphics (NVIDIA), to be safe. Also, check out this thread for ideas on what laptops best run the current version of WolfQuest- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77961

xX_WillowWisp_Xx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Florence

Post by xX_WillowWisp_Xx » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:51 am

Koa wrote:
xX_WillowWisp_Xx wrote:Wow looks amazing, so excited and am keeping up with all the news,
thanks
The most accurate prediction of what the graphics requirements will come when the game is actually completed, most likely. Laptops are also tricky, because most run on integrated graphics and do not have a dedicated graphics card. If you're looking at buying a new laptop, I suggest you look at something with dedicated graphics (NVIDIA), to be safe. Also, check out this thread for ideas on what laptops best run the current version of WolfQuest- http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77961
Thanks so much, this really helped and early today we were actually looking at an acer aspire laptop, very similar to the one suggested on that link! Looking forward to more teaser videos for the upcoming update,
thanks again