Why can I use only phrase chat in open games?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Why can I use only phrase chat in open games?

Post by Neamara » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Phrase chat helps us maintain an appropriate game for all of our players. While it was enforced for all players in the past prior to it being lifted with the introduction of version 2.7.2 and newer, younger players may still experience this as an enforced option and won't be able to use text chat in public or private games until they are 13. More information about COPPA is available here. If you defined the incorrect date of birth during account creation and you cannot complete the required proof of age parental or guardian form to verify your age, please send an e-mail with your WolfQuest account username to info@wolfquest.org explaining the situation.

If you are not a COPPA user and if this chat mode is your only option, it means your account has an infraction. (Refer to the “I’ve been warned- what do I do?” entry for further information about infractions.)