What makes a good report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Nordue

Re: What makes a good report?

Post by Nordue » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 pm

• I'll try to clarify things for you MeToPretty.

The first one gives you details about what the second one is asking. Try to fill out number two, and if you are not sure what to put, either ask here on this topic or look and see if number one can help clarify things!

"Combined screenshot" means taking a screenshot of in-game inappropriate behavior, and taking a screenshot of the game name and host and combining them into one image. Here is an example of a combined screenshot that combines two images of the chat box, and at the very top another image of the chat name and the host's username: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/4104/exscreenshot.png.

MeToPretty

Post by MeToPretty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:52 pm

Ooh, okay, thanks. I think it getting to me, lol. I'm slow. xD Hm, I have another question. Is the 'combining screenshot' mandatory, in order for the report to be a 'good report'?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:30 am

Screenshots being combined make it much easier for the administrator to go through reports, so rather than sifting through various open tabs it's all right there in one handy image. Quality over quantity - unfortunately it's mandatory.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

MeToPretty

Post by MeToPretty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:56 am

Alright, I guess that can work out. Hm, another question. Okay, so I have a Windows 8 laptop (the new one), would that brand also let me to use/make a combine screenshot? Or do I need to use GIMP?

Thanks again.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:15 am

Assuming it's not the mobile build (Windows RT), Paint is sufficient for the task. The following thread should be a good place to start, though it's lacking a couple of program guides.

You're free to use what you're comfortable with - Gimp, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, etc.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

MeToPretty

Post by MeToPretty » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:15 pm

Okay, I guess I'll use GIMP then. Thanks again, NightAngelWolf. =:)