What makes a good report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: What makes a good report?

Post by Koa » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:36 pm

celawolf wrote:sorry to ask, but how do you make a screenshot and take away the usernames? And i am very so so so sorry to ask this. i know i am such a barger! :oops:
The default key for taking screenshots is F1, but you can change that key by, when first clicking on WolfQuest, going to "Input" and double-clicking the entry for "Screenshots" to change it to they key you wish to take screenshots with.

If you want to edit the screenshot where editing is necesary, you can use the following guide to help you:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=62292

Finally, save it and upload it to a photo-uploading site such as photobucket.com, and paste the direct link into this form when you send your e-mail to abuse@wolfquest.org:
BlackWarrior wrote:
WolvesOfTheSeas wrote:
  • Reporter's Username: Name of person reporting the situation
    Game Date: Date in which the game was hosted
    Game Host: The person who originally was hosting the game that the situations happened in.
    Problem Player(s): Players who were involved in breaking the rules and are part of the situation.
    Problem: What happened, and what behavior are you reporting them on?
    Proof: your link to your screenshot

[/color]

Viverna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Viverna » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Someone told me to leave, because i wanted to rp (role play) as a pup. Then, they called me a blank .(sorry i cant say it)before i got to take a screenshot, they ended the game. They said this... "Your such a blank, I tell you what to do, so leave." i said "no, thats not allowed.""shut up and leave! Your not sopossed to rp as a pup, blank!"i tried to take a screenshot, but they ended the game. HELP, I CANT REPORT WITHOUT PROOF! Please?

10-14-12

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:59 pm

amberlee10 wrote:Someone told me to leave, because i wanted to rp (role play) as a pup. Then, they called me a blank .(sorry i cant say it)before i got to take a screenshot, they ended the game. They said this... "Your such a blank, I tell you what to do, so leave." i said "no, thats not allowed.""shut up and leave! Your not sopossed to rp as a pup, blank!"i tried to take a screenshot, but they ended the game. HELP, I CANT REPORT WITHOUT PROOF! Please?

10-14-12
Do you have the output log?
If you haven't restarted/played WolfQuest since you ended that game (like you quite right after. If you continued to play the game, your output log would be very long, etc.), try finding your output log with the following guidelines:
*How to find the chat log: before restarting the game, find the chat log.
On Windows, you can find the chat log under C:\\Program Files\WolfQuest\Data\output_log.txt.
On Mac OSX, you can find it in an application called "Console" which you can find in the Applications/Utilities folder. Launch that app, then in the left side window, under "Database Searches" and "Files" scroll down until you see "Unity" (It's nested inside FILES/~/Library/Logs, so twirl those open if they're not already). Then click on Unity/Player.log and copy the contents of the big window into an email.

If you don't find the chat log there, try this fix:
  • 1. Right click on the program icon
    2. Choose "Run as Administrator"
    3. Confirm the action in any Windows pop-ups
    4. Proceed as usual and you'll be able to find the Output_Log in the WolfQuest program files.
To make the change permanent so you don't have to do this every time:
    2. Choose "Properties"
    3. In the "Compatibility" tab, click "Advanced"
    4. Check the box near the bottom for "Run Program as Administrator"
    5. You may still have to confirm the action for Windows each time you open WolfQuest, depending on the settings.

When you find your output log, press Ctrl+F if you have windows to search for the username of the player, if you remember, or possibly any words you used or they used to find your place.

Viverna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Viverna » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Koa wrote:
amberlee10 wrote:Someone told me to leave, because i wanted to rp (role play) as a pup. Then, they called me a blank .(sorry i cant say it)before i got to take a screenshot, they ended the game. They said this... "Your such a blank, I tell you what to do, so leave." i said "no, thats not allowed.""shut up and leave! Your not sopossed to rp as a pup, blank!"i tried to take a screenshot, but they ended the game. HELP, I CANT REPORT WITHOUT PROOF! Please?

10-14-12
Do you have the output log?
If you haven't restarted/played WolfQuest since you ended that game (like you quite right after. If you continued to play the game, your output log would be very long, etc.), try finding your output log with the following guidelines:
*How to find the chat log: before restarting the game, find the chat log.
On Windows, you can find the chat log under C:\\Program Files\WolfQuest\Data\output_log.txt.
On Mac OSX, you can find it in an application called "Console" which you can find in the Applications/Utilities folder. Launch that app, then in the left side window, under "Database Searches" and "Files" scroll down until you see "Unity" (It's nested inside FILES/~/Library/Logs, so twirl those open if they're not already). Then click on Unity/Player.log and copy the contents of the big window into an email.

If you don't find the chat log there, try this fix:
    2. Choose "Run as Administrator"
    3. Confirm the action in any Windows pop-ups
    4. Proceed as usual and you'll be able to find the Output_Log in the WolfQuest program files.
To make the change permanent so you don't have to do this every time:
    2. Choose "Properties"
    3. In the "Compatibility" tab, click "Advanced"
    4. Check the box near the bottom for "Run Program as Administrator"
    5. You may still have to confirm the action for Windows each time you open WolfQuest, depending on the settings.

When you find your output log, press Ctrl+F if you have windows to search for the username of the player, if you remember, or possibly any words you used or they used to find your place.

Sorry,im nine, what does that mean and how do i do it?

Ps,i know their username, pm me if you want it.

1BitJay
Name: Jay

Post by 1BitJay » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

First off, have you played the game since this has happened?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:05 pm

amberlee10 wrote: Sorry,im nine, what does that mean and how do i do it?
It's quite alright, I had trouble too when I hadn't done things like that before.
Hm. I recommend getting someone who may be good with technology, i.e. a parent and/or guardian to help you out. :)
JayMist brings up a valid point - have you played the game since then? If that's the case, sadly you will not have the output log you need and thus you will not be able to report the player you have in mind.

Viverna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Viverna » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:12 pm

Koa wrote:
amberlee10 wrote: Sorry,im nine, what does that mean and how do i do it?
It's quite alright, I had trouble too when I hadn't done things like that before.
Hm. I recommend getting someone who may be good with technology, i.e. a parent and/or guardian to help you out. :)
JayMist brings up a valid point - have you played the game since then? If that's the case, sadly you will not have the output log you need and thus you will not be able to report the player you have in mind.

i have played since then...

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 pm

Alright, well unfortunately, you will not be able to report the user you had in mind. In the future, if or when you find yourself in a similar situation, feel free to check over the reporting guides here or to message me if you need any help with reporting. :)

Viverna
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Viverna » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:38 am

Koa wrote:Alright, well unfortunately, you will not be able to report the user you had in mind. In the future, if or when you find yourself in a similar situation, feel free to check over the reporting guides here or to message me if you need any help with reporting. :)

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:42 am

Quick reminder- please have at least three or more words in your replies so that they aren't reported as SPAM. ;)
Cheers! ^^
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

praypray
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by praypray » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Yup that is all a 100# right good job

Edit oh and how you take away the name tag is you click the n button then you can take the screenshot. ok? I hope this helps you :mrgreen:

Edit #2 hey amberlee10 i'm also nine too :mrgreen:
Last edited by Neamara on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added information from double-post. Please edit your previous post in the future. Thanks! :)
Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it
Right is right Even if nobody is doing it

Thanks...

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:22 pm

praypray, please avoid double/triple posting as doing so is considered a form of SPAM. Instead, please use the edit feature to add any further information. Thank you. :)
For further information, please refer to the Forum Guidelines.

Additionally, please try not to go off-topic. Details on how to report correctly and effectively can be found within the following topics-

If you're not entirely sure about some phrases used to bypass the lexicon, this topic is particularly useful to catch people using words that have a different meaning, some being used inappropriately, which can be used in a report.

Just taking a screenshot of a player's wolf avatar and overhead nametag is not needed at all. You'll want to be taking a screenshot of the chatbox as shown in the "How to combine screenshots" thread. Turning off/on nametags doesn't necessarily help with reporting as they're unneeded where reporting is concerned. ^^;
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

praypray
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by praypray » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:56 pm

wolfpup123 that happend me too. right now i mean i got in trouble for making a form about all of my pets' i don't get it :cry:
Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it
Right is right Even if nobody is doing it

Thanks...

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Please stay on topic, praypray. If you have a problem with a moderator's decisions, take it up with them in private messages instead of talking about it publicly!
Thanks!
má shínim seal uaire faoi chrann a dhéanamh só
o cad é sin don te sin nach mbaineann sin dó?

MeToPretty

Post by MeToPretty » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 pm

WQ Coordinator wrote: [1]. A good report includes:
  • The username(s) of the person/people being inappropriate and a brief description of what happened.
  • The date on which the inappropriate behavior took place.
  • One combined screenshot (preferably uploaded onto a photo-sharing site so it can be referred to later) that shows the inappropriate behavior as well as the host of the game, if the game name is inappropriate. Clicking 'c' before taking your screenshot is also appreciated because it shows more of the conversation that took place. (Please see the relevant topic on this forum for details on how to combine screenshots.)
  • Your username and e-mail address, in case there are problems with/questions about the report (and so I can give you credit for sending in a good report!).
[2.]
  • Reporter's Username:
    Game Date:
    Game Host:
    Problem Player(s):
    Problem:
    Proof: (they post the link to their combined screenshot here- it also includes a screenshot of the host of the game, taken before they enter the game)
Wait, I'm confused. Which one do you guys want me to do? The first one or second one? (I've number it). I think I'm misunderstanding here. Is the first report for one image only? And the second one to combine two image together? Help? :/ Thanks