Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Alpha Female » Sat May 05, 2012 10:12 am

Chats with titles in caps are fine.
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

-Radiance-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Radiance- » Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 am

Thanks flower!
I figured it wouldn't be against the rules, however, I saw no harm in asking. ^^
....................... Rʌɗɪʌɲƈє
.......................¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.*¨*`..¸
..................''......In the middle of a blizzard,
..............'.......she is there for heat and warmth.
..............'.........In the middle of a desert,
..........she is there for a cool breeze and a sign of relief.
............Radiance is she, and Radient she will always be.
.......................¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.*¨*`..¸
......'.............Signature © Crystaltheglaceon

Storm-Kira
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Storm-Kira » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Er, I recieved a message in my emails titled "WolfQuest Multiplayer Chat‏" which claimed I have been "reported with proof for acting inappropriately or
otherwise not following one or more of these multiplayer game rules."

I have not been able to play WolfQuest for more than a year because I got a new computer for Christmas about two years ago. My computer was deemed incompatible with it for unknown reasons and I even had a topic on these forums about it a while back, but nothing at all worked.
Even before I got my new computer I couldn't connect to multiplayer, or if I did, it was insanely laggy.

So you see... I couldn't have done anything. Can you please tell me why I have recieved this email? o_O
Life is like a box of chocolates. Can I please have yours?
Xion: ... Roxas, that's a stick.
Roxas: Hey, you managed without the keyblade. You think I'm not up to it?

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Please have a look at this topic here:
Warning Emails: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66769

Some users were accidentally sent an email saying they were warned, so unless you have recieved a PM from Cana as well please disregard the email. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

Bryan San Lass
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Bryan San Lass » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey Cana, What if you go into a sorta To detailed role play and you end up giving out you Gender is that something to report? Because I'm sorta lost,
One other thing there is "Someone" who keeps coming into my chats and trolls them and begins to spam,
Should i report? Or should i not?
thanks For the help,
~Bryan~
"Aɴ ᴀssᴀssɪɴ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ғᴇᴇʟ.
Tʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʙ ᴅᴏɴᴇ."
- Bryan Ja'far

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:49 pm

Bryan San Lass wrote:Hey Cana, What if you go into a sorta To detailed role play and you end up giving out you Gender is that something to report? Because I'm sorta lost,
One other thing there is "Someone" who keeps coming into my chats and trolls them and begins to spam,
thanks For the help,
~Bryan~
Giving out your gender isn't something to report, however gender-related words were taken out of the lexicon so if the person is using it to find a mate or do something inappropriate, you should definitely report it.
If the person is spamming your chat and basically trolling your games/stalking you in multiple games, it would be best to report them. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

Bryan San Lass
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Bryan San Lass » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:28 am

Alpha Female wrote:
Bryan San Lass wrote:Hey Cana, What if you go into a sorta To detailed role play and you end up giving out you Gender is that something to report? Because I'm sorta lost,
thanks For the help,
~Bryan~
Giving out your gender isn't something to report, however gender-related words were taken out of the lexicon so if the person is using it to find a mate or do something inappropriate, you should definitely report it.
If the person is spamming your chat and basically trolling your games/stalking you in multiple games, it would be best to report them. ^^
Ty {Thanks} Very much, I Appreciate it really, :D Have a Good day, Oh yeah one more other thing, my friend was apparently Hacked today By "Someone" And when me and my friends Were playing that "someone" came on and Begin spamming a bit, and well, Annoying us really, That someone started asking every one of my friends to be its "Meat" and when they said no thanks or something That "someone" would begin following after them and spamming about being their "meat"
So I'm wondering if I Should avoid having people like that in my chats, by kindly asking that to leave
^Is the allowed?
~Thanks ~Bryan~
"Aɴ ᴀssᴀssɪɴ ɪsɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ғᴇᴇʟ.
Tʜᴇʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏʙ ᴅᴏɴᴇ."
- Bryan Ja'far

Whispering Death
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Whispering Death » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:10 pm

Bryan San Lass wrote: Ty {Thanks} Very much, I Appreciate it really, :D Have a Good day, Oh yeah one more other thing, my friend was apparently Hacked today By "Someone" And when me and my friends Were playing that "someone" came on and Begin spamming a bit, and well, Annoying us really, That someone started asking every one of my friends to be its "Meat" and when they said no thanks or something That "someone" would begin following after them and spamming about being their "meat"
So I'm wondering if I Should avoid having people like that in my chats, by kindly asking that to leave
^Is the allowed?
~Thanks ~Bryan~
To answer you question, Bryan, the first thing you should do in a situation like that, is to report the user for their inappropriate behavior. Asking/telling users to leave isn't allowed in open MP games, since you're hosting an open game for all users to enter freely.The best thing to do is to host a private game. Private games prevent harassment like that, since the only users allowed to enter the game are the ones you have told it's password to.
Que Sera, Sera

LauriNicole
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LauriNicole » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:21 pm

I've been confused on something for a while.
Is giving out your gender- "alas", "led" okay if it is simply to let others know what gender your wolf is and not for mate related behavior?
What about those who add "no meat" to the end of their descriptions? If there's no evidence they're looking for a mate, but they mentioned it, should they be reported?

I've never reported anyone who has done either I believe (and I'm guilty of having done the giving out gender before... have stopped that for now though unless I know it's okay), so I don't spam the report email with useless junk.

What should I do in those cases?
I was previously known as BitterApple (and a previous account before that- name forgotten).
WQ member since version 2.0 (2010/2011).
Avatar credit belongs to http://smidgefish.deviantart.com/

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:44 pm

LauriNicole wrote:I've been confused on something for a while.
Is giving out your gender- "alas", "led" okay if it is simply to let others know what gender your wolf is and not for mate related behavior?
What about those who add "no meat" to the end of their descriptions? If there's no evidence they're looking for a mate, but they mentioned it, should they be reported?

I've never reported anyone who has done either I believe (and I'm guilty of having done the giving out gender before... have stopped that for now though unless I know it's okay), so I don't spam the report email with useless junk.

What should I do in those cases?
For the gender, that is still bypassing the chat filter and isn't allowed. There's no real need for giving out your gender though, since there's no need for it in the game.
If someone is stating they're looking for a mate, have no "meat", etc. it is still reportable. They wouldn't be saying they had no mate or were "single" if they weren't looking for a mate. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

LauriNicole
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LauriNicole » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:39 am

That makes sense, thank you ^^
So, is stating your gender report worthy or is it not a serious enough offense?
I was previously known as BitterApple (and a previous account before that- name forgotten).

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:34 am

LauriNicole wrote:That makes sense, thank you ^^
So, is stating your gender report worthy or is it not a serious enough offense?
Considering it's still bypassing the chat filter (since all gender-related words were removed) it is still deemed report-worthy. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

LauriNicole
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by LauriNicole » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:22 am

Thank you. I didn't know that. ^^

One last question- do people who bypass the filter in any way (whether to be inappropriate or not) get warned/banned for their behavior? The most common example- "I'm moon an alas" "I'm shadow a led"
Just wondering if my reporting is for nothing, heh.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

LauriNicole wrote:Thank you. I didn't know that. ^^

One last question- do people who bypass the filter in any way (whether to be inappropriate or not) get warned/banned for their behavior? The most common example- "I'm moon an alas" "I'm shadow a led"

In fact, yes, many times the user with receive a warning for by-passing the chat filter, seeing that the words removed were removed because of a specific reason; whether they were being used inappropriately or rudely. Depending on the severity of the situation, Cana may send them an official warning, or may just note down their behavior. A ban is only carried once three warnings are given, or the issue is extremely inappropriate.. so keep reporting! Hope this answers your question? ^^ plus, it never hurts to report a problem, even if you aren't sure it's report worthy. :)
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:10 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:
LauriNicole wrote:Thank you. I didn't know that. ^^

In fact, yes, many times the user with receive a warning for by-passing the chat filter, seeing that the words removed were removed because of a specific reason; whether they were being used inappropriately or rudely. Depending on the severity of the situation, Cana may send them an official warning, or may just note down their behavior. A ban is only carried once three warnings are given, or the issue is extremely inappropriate.. so keep reporting! Hope this answers your question? ^^ plus, it never hurts to report a problem, even if you aren't sure it's report worthy. :)
Actually, there is no set "requirement" to have three warnings before a ban. ;3
Bans for multiplayer behavior are given out normally after the user has been warned once for their behavior. Sometimes bans are given out immediately depending on the severity of the situation. ^^"
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G