Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:43 pm

Since roleplaying moms and dads are allowed (family members are the only gender-specific words we allow), then I suppose a person roleplaying that a pup asking for milk is also okay, but as you said, if it's making anyone uncomfortable or is otherwise inappropriate, it's always worth reporting. I'd say if the player is too specific as to what he/she is taking the milk from, it's definitely report-worthy, but otherwise just use your best judgment. Great question!
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:47 pm

Alright, thanks for answering my question, Cana. ^^
Nov. 2011 UotM

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:12 pm

Obviously cursing is not permitted on the lexicon and in chats, but what about people who bypass that rule and use another word such as "hello"? And you can tell it is a swear because of the way they used it in content. Should we report situation's such as those? I am guessing that we should, but just to be clear.
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:47 pm

Yes, you want to report things such as that, Night.

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:16 pm

I just encountered this in a Multiplayer game, and I really didn't know what to think about it:
Someone created a chat called "KillBobVideo". There were a few different things I wasn't sure about, but mostly I wasn't sure if you could simply make a chat for creating videos. Since this could lead to people making people do certain things, to make the video interesting (or whatever the purpose of the video is). So, are video chats allowed, and if so, are there any rules that I should look out for when entering one?
Nov. 2011 UotM

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:46 pm

failwolf56 wrote:I just encountered this in a Multiplayer game, and I really didn't know what to think about it:
Someone created a chat called "KillBobVideo". There were a few different things I wasn't sure about, but mostly I wasn't sure if you could simply make a chat for creating videos. Since this could lead to people making people do certain things, to make the video interesting (or whatever the purpose of the video is). So, are video chats allowed, and if so, are there any rules that I should look out for when entering one?
There are no rules against hosting servers to make videos, or anything related to the subject. I see no problem with having one, so you shouldn't report them for just being servers for making videos.
People who join those servers most likely want to participate in whatever is going on if they don't want to participate, then they are more welcome to leave.

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 am

Well, I've started games just to take screenshots, and you wouldn't report me, would you? ;) Agreed with Croix. Ultimately, as long as it's not somehow inappropriate, it's probably okay.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:53 am

I do have a question...
Let's say you have a chat and it's full. One of your friends crash and another player enters it. Can you say to that person that you save that spot for your friend who just crashed?
If not, I understand perfectly.

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:31 am

Saving spots is a pretty controversial topic, Katherine.
Do it at your own risk. As stated in the front post people shouldn't report users who ask politely for someone to leave. If someone thinks you are being rude or demanding, then don't be surprised if you are reported.

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 am

I usually save spots if one of my friends crashed, if not, anyone is welcomed in my chat.
I usually ask people very polite to leave my chat, and they are kind and leave.
I haven't did that for quiet a long time, since i don't play anymore.
Thanks for answering me, Croix.

gabrilagg

Post by gabrilagg » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 pm

(Sorry if the question was already asked.. Let me see... 86087 thousand times).

Yep, yep. I did read the front post, but I'ms till confused. If I'm on MP and I see someone dribling the words female/male or she/he to specific gender, should I report it? In kinda all MultiPlayer games I am people say their genders. Shuld I report them all (If I was form the team)?

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 pm

gabrilagg wrote:(Sorry if the question was already asked.. Let me see... 86087 thousand times).

Yep, yep. I did read the front post, but I'ms till confused. If I'm on MP and I see someone dribling the words female/male or she/he to specific gender, should I report it? In kinda all MultiPlayer games I am people say their genders. Shuld I report them all (If I was form the team)?
First off, just to clear this up, you don't have to be a Report Team member to report innappropriate games. Anyone who sees bad behavior, is more than welcome, (encouraged actually, if I am correct) to report it. And as for the genders, they are allowed in MP games, as long as they don't lead to mate related behavior. Many mate related words are being, or going to be taken out of the chat lexicon when there's a chance to update it. You can find more information on the words he/she being removed from the chat lexicon here:http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=39802. Although, just as a helpful reminder, if they're attempting to write out a gender, and bypass the chat lexicon filter while doing so, you can report them for that. ;)
Nov. 2011 UotM

gabrilagg

Post by gabrilagg » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Ohh, thanks ;3 That really cleared up my doubt. Hehe c: Thanks, Gavin ^^

Black Velvet
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Black Velvet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:23 pm

I have a question... :?:
I know that it's against the rules to ask for people's personal information, but does asking someone how old they are in reality one of those rule-breaking questions? I have seen some players in the chat ask for other player's real ages. Some didn't mind answering but others would say, "I prefer not to tell" or "It's a secret". What really makes me mad is whenever someone doesn't want to tell the person who asked how old they really are, the person who asked gets mad and they start heckling the players. Or they will sometimes say "Liar! Tell me your real age." Do they have a right to ask someone how old they are, or is it against the rules? :?
Black velvet and that little boy's smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees
Black velvet if you please
-Alannah Myles

Author of "Silent Meadows"

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Black Velvet wrote:I have a question... :?:
I know that it's against the rules to ask for people's personal information, but does asking someone how old they are in reality one of those rule-breaking questions? I have seen some players in the chat ask for other player's real ages. Some didn't mind answering but others would say, "I prefer not to tell" or "It's a secret". What really makes me mad is whenever someone doesn't want to tell the person who asked how old they really are, the person who asked gets mad and they start heckling the players. Or they will sometimes say "Liar! Tell me your real age." Do they have a right to ask someone how old they are, or is it against the rules? :?
Yes, anyone asking or giving out their age is classified as giving away personal information. If the person states that they don't want to give out that type of information and another keeps bothering them about it, that can also be reported. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~