Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Croix » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:54 pm

I have a possible addition to the list...

Please report people who:
  • Abuse the sitting/laying abilities and use them in an inappropriate way

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Adding on to the Croix's suggestion, maybe any use of actions (e.g. bow, jumping) in an inappropriate way. As long as it is obvious, such as constantly jumping at someone, simply to annoy them.
Nov. 2011 UotM

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:26 am

It's a little difficult to prove someone's using in-game actions in an inappropriate way unless those users also describe in the chat why they're doing those actions, which is basically already on our list. But maybe I can edit one of the parts of the list to more specifically include actions rather than just text. I just don't want people to send a screenshot of a wolf playbowing behind them (for example), when that player may not have intended to be inappropriate at all.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:20 am

1.If a chat is named "Only Wolves I Know!!" Or "Only people I know!" Should these users be reported? I have seen several of these and I am unsure, seeing that thisbisnt exactly saving spots and in this situation a private game should be made.
Suggestions? Perhaps I am mistaken?

if a player hosts a game saying "Only *name* come!!!"

Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:46 am

BlackWarrior wrote:1.If a chat is named "Only Wolves I Know!!" Or "Only people I know!" Should these users be reported? I have seen several of these and I am unsure, seeing that thisbisnt exactly saving spots and in this situation a private game should be made.
Suggestions? Perhaps I am mistaken?

if a player hosts a game saying "Only *name* come!!!"

That would be considered allowing specific people in an open server, which is against the rules. So yes, it would be best to report the host or anyone else encouraging it.
It is a good idea to try and connect to any of these servers, if you catch anyone being rude and demanding you (or anyone else for that matter) to leave it is more proof to add in a report.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:57 am

Thanks for answering my question Croix! Perhaps if am unable to connect to these servers, would a screen shot of the main chat list be good enough to send in?

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:01 am

Croix wrote:As a quick reminder, everyone can always report any inappropriate server from the multiplayer game list (where you choose which servers to join) - just be sure to get the host too! It can really be as simple as that.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p2015405

It still counts as proof, so yes.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Alright, two more questions.. I was doing my rounds and catching many chat titles that we inappropriate. But there were certain ones I wasn't sure if they should be reported such as
- "Saving Spots" chats that says that on the title
and
- "Teen Rp" seeing that wolfquest is for everyone, are these allowed?

Alpha Female
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Alpha Female » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm

BlackWarrior wrote:Alright, two more questions.. I was doing my rounds and catching many chat titles that we inappropriate. But there were certain ones I wasn't sure if they should be reported such as
- "Saving Spots" chats that says that on the title
and
- "Teen Rp" seeing that wolfquest is for everyone, are these allowed?
Saving spots for specific players is not allowed, so those can be reported. I suggest entering them if you can for more proof if they try to kick you out.
"Teen RP" chats are allowed since they're not technically against the rules, however if there's dating/couples/girlfriend or boyfriend content then it can be reported. ^^
SOMETIMES
A KING
HAS TO REMIND
FOOLS WHY HE'S
K I N G

~WolfQuest member since 1969~

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Thanks for answering that flower! I shall send those in then. ^^

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 pm

In general, we don't want people starting open multiplayer games for specific people, as stated in the rules. I usually wouldn't ban someone for asking to play with only specific people, but I certainly would if they're rude, mean, or otherwise inappropriate about it. I actually used to not keep track of reports that show people hosting games only for specific players, but at this point, I'd kind of like to nip the problem in the bud. So if someone is reported for hosting a game for specific players once, I may take note of it but otherwise do nothing else. If they're reported multiple times, then I either send just an e-mail or a warning. If they're still continuing to host games only for specific people after they're warned, I will ban them. So while I don't think reporting these types of games should be your focus, you may certainly include them with other reports.

(And on a side note, feel free to include more than one report per e-mail... you don't need to send a separate e-mail for each report, as long as you're detailed and organized so I can tell which information goes with which report.)

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Cana. ^^
Those were my thoughts on the topic and hopefully most people don't consist to create open games for only certain people and friends.
I am glad that you are accepting more than one report in each email, seeing that that is what I have been doing. (:

Croix
Former WQ Moderator

Post by Croix » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:51 am

I believe "bypassing the lexicon filter/attempting to bypass the lexicon filter" should be added to the list as something report-worthy.
Also, would "killer" packs (the non-hunting kind) be considered inappropriate in the list? Because I believe people don't realize that they are able to report them. c:

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Hmm. My response to those suggestions:
1) I would never warn someone for bypassing the lexicon filter if it's not in an otherwise inappropriate way. It's just in the list of rules to attempt to make things extra clear that if someone is creatively finding a way to say something that's not in the lexicon, it's probably not allowed.
2) Unless someone is harassing another player or being excessively violent, I don't normally warn people for 'killer' games.

Basically, in both of those situations, anything that would make games that include those things inappropriate would be something else that's already on the list of 'not allowed' and/or 'things you should report'. But both situations are worth keeping an eye on, in case they end up breaking any of the other rules and are more reportable.

failwolf56
Yearling
Yearling

Post by failwolf56 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:11 pm

I have a question about "nursing" in the games.
As I believe was stated, players are allowed to roleplay as pups. However, does this include asking for "milk"? Lol, I encountered this in the last chat I was in, and not only was it a bit awkward, but I also wasn't sure if it's inappropriate enough to report. I'm aware that if the user is being completely innappropriate about it, I'll obviously report them. But simply asking for milk, would that be considered gender-specific roleplaying? I'm torn on it, since someone would obviously have to claim they were a female to do this, but at the same time, it's a normal wolf behavior, that isn't extremely "bad".
Nov. 2011 UotM