Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Black Velvet
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Black Velvet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Alpha Female wrote:
Black Velvet wrote:I have a question... :?:
I know that it's against the rules to ask for people's personal information, but does asking someone how old they are in reality one of those rule-breaking questions? I have seen some players in the chat ask for other player's real ages. Some didn't mind answering but others would say, "I prefer not to tell" or "It's a secret". What really makes me mad is whenever someone doesn't want to tell the person who asked how old they really are, the person who asked gets mad and they start heckling the players. Or they will sometimes say "Liar! Tell me your real age." Do they have a right to ask someone how old they are, or is it against the rules? :?
Yes, anyone asking or giving out their age is classified as giving away personal information. If the person states that they don't want to give out that type of information and another keeps bothering them about it, that can also be reported. ^^
Oh, okay. Thanks Alpha Female. I wasn't quite sure if it was or wasn't a rule-breaker.
Black velvet and that little boy's smile
Black velvet with that slow southern style
A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees
Black velvet if you please
-Alannah Myles

Author of "Silent Meadows"

WQ Coordinator
Former WQ Team Member
Former WQ Team Member

Post by WQ Coordinator » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:48 am

To clarify, I don't warn people if they say their age or tell people what country they're from... we just don't want people being too specific and giving away the street they live on, what school they go to, etc.. That, of course, does not mean that people have to give away their age or country they live in if they don't want to; it just means that people who choose to share that generic information will not be warned/banned. If they're bypassing the lexicon to do so, however, you can feel free to report and I'll make the final call whether it's warnworthy or not.
Thanks for the avatar, Silverness!

I am no longer the acting administrator of these forums, so please read the WolfQuest FAQ and Tips, Hints, and Help forums for answers to any questions you may have.

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:50 pm

I'll have to disagree with you there, Cana. Giving away personal information should be warned, although if you come across someone giving away information do not say that you will ban them, only warn them about certain people online who will hurt or do worse to you if they know where you live. The internet isn't a completely safe place and some younger children could fall for tricks.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

Katherine Vampire
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Katherine Vampire » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:38 pm

Thandi wrote:I'll have to disagree with you there, Cana. Giving away personal information should be warned, although if you come across someone giving away information do not say that you will ban them, only warn them about certain people online who will hurt or do worse to you if they know where you live. The internet isn't a completely safe place and some younger children could fall for tricks.
As Cana said, she won't ban/warn people if they give their real age or the country they live in.
For example: I live in Russia. I can live everywhere in this country. No one knows the city. So I guess it won't be a problem with that.
She would probably ban/warn them if they give too much of their personal information.

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:51 pm

Katherine Vampire wrote:
Thandi wrote:I'll have to disagree with you there, Cana. Giving away personal information should be warned, although if you come across someone giving away information do not say that you will ban them, only warn them about certain people online who will hurt or do worse to you if they know where you live. The internet isn't a completely safe place and some younger children could fall for tricks.
As Cana said, she won't ban/warn people if they give their real age or the country they live in.
For example: I live in Russia. I can live everywhere in this country. No one knows the city. So I guess it won't be a problem with that.
She would probably ban/warn them if they give too much of their personal information.
Just to clarify, it is truly the own users decision whether they wish to share personal information. Though we try to make wolfquest a safe and educational place, young kids, and parents for that matter, need to realize that either way, the internet can be dangerous. It may seem as though giving a warning to young children will lessen the chances of them giving out personal info, but in reality, it isn't Cana's responsibility to babysit these kids and make sure they know about internet safety. This is the parents job.

We do try to encourage NOT sharing your personal info, and generally report people who pressure users into sharing their information. c;
Not all who w a n d e r are l o s t

Community Moderator ( April 2012 – July 2015 )
WQ Report Team ( 2012 – 2013 )
User of the Month ( December 2011 )

Thandi
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by Thandi » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 pm

BlackWarrior wrote: It may seem as though giving a warning to young children will lessen the chances of them giving out personal info, but in reality, it isn't Cana's responsibility to babysit these kids and make sure they know about internet safety. This is the parents job.
Yeah. I get that. But perhaps there should be some warning message, not even from reporters, but at the beginning of the game. Parents can be irresponsible.
everything out of the ordinary is considered weird, i try to stay clear of the eathlings and their fears

PurpleCherries
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by PurpleCherries » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:51 am

I always see so many mating games on WolfQuest, or someone makes a random server for example "WolfRP" but they still mate in the game. I know I should report, but I do not know how to. Help please?
The spaces between your fingers were created so another's could fill them.
-Anonymous

You know you're not a kid anymore when you fall asleep on the couch and wake up on the couch.
-Anonymous

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:36 am

To report, simply send an email to abuse@wolfquest.org with an explanation of the situation, and a screenshot as proof. This topic should help you with sending in a good report, and what to include:
What makes a good report? > http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=62290

This topic will explain how to take, as well as combine screenshots to be able to use them as proof:
How to combine screenshots > http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=62292

Any other questions, feel free to contact me or another Report Team Member via PM. :)

Honey wolf

Post by Honey wolf » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:38 am

One question:
If the Rp says, WolfPackRp, and there are ' meats' leading the pack, But they don't do anything like real mates do... Should they be reported, or just left alone?

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Honey wolf wrote:One question:
If the Rp says, WolfPackRp, and there are ' meats' leading the pack, But they don't do anything like real mates do... Should they be reported, or just left alone?
In general, if you see two people leading a pack together, but are not participating in mate-related behavior, then there is no harm in that. Friends will often create packs and lead them together. Although, the situation you explained above does include mate-related behavior. If players are "meats" they are participating in mate related behavior, whether they have had "mating" behavior or not. In order to have mates leading the pack, you also need genders. Gender orientated behavior should also be reported.
So yes, these users should be reported. c;

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Sat May 05, 2012 5:53 am

BlackWarrior wrote:
Honey wolf wrote:One question:
In general, if you see two people leading a pack together, but are not participating in mate-related behavior, then there is no harm in that. Friends will often create packs and lead them together. Although, the situation you explained above does include mate-related behavior. If players are "meats" they are participating in mate related behavior, whether they have had "mating" behavior or not. In order to have mates leading the pack, you also need genders. Gender orientated behavior should also be reported.
So yes, these users should be reported. c;
Thanks for that BlackWarrior now i understand even more so thank you! :D Now i got a question:
Since Role Playing is not allowed in wolfquest forums can they still role play in the game?.. cause i checked in the rules before entering online and they said no role playing....

Honey wolf

Post by Honey wolf » Sat May 05, 2012 6:12 am

WolvesOfTheSeas, the non role playing rule is for the forum only. On the game you can role play, or just chat.

WolvesOfTheSeas
Adult Wolf
Adult Wolf

Post by WolvesOfTheSeas » Sat May 05, 2012 6:27 am

Honey wolf wrote: WolvesOfTheSeas, the non role playing rule is for the forum only. On the game you can role play, or just chat.
Oh sorry i didnt i was just asking....... :roll:

BlackWarrior
Former WQ Moderator

Post by BlackWarrior » Sat May 05, 2012 6:48 am

As earlier provided, yes, players can roleplay on the game, as long as it is not played out on the forums. If you are interested, here is the list of rules for Multiplayer:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=44211

-Radiance-
Pup
Pup

Post by -Radiance- » Sat May 05, 2012 10:04 am

[I was just wondering about this; I have often seen members of WolfQuest host multiplayer games titled in all caps.
I know that this is not aloud here on the forum ,so does that mean it is not allowed on the mp games either?
....................... Rʌɗɪʌɲƈє
.......................¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.*¨*`..¸
..................''......In the middle of a blizzard,
..............'.......she is there for heat and warmth.
..............'.........In the middle of a desert,
..........she is there for a cool breeze and a sign of relief.
............Radiance is she, and Radient she will always be.
.......................¸.*¨*`..*¨*`.¸¸.*¨*`..¸
......'.............Signature © Crystaltheglaceon