Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

This sub-forum is specifically about FAQ dealing with the Multiplayer Game Chat options and reporting inappropriate behavior in multiplayer games.
Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Reporting Parameters: who should you report?

Post by Neamara » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:51 am

Frodo1 wrote:NOT going to give it out to ANYONE other than a mod or admin...
Ideally, it's best to e-mail the report to info@wolfquest.org as opposed to sending it via private message via the forum. No point in reporting it to a moderator either, since multiplayer abuse reports are handled by Kristie (wq_admin).

Anywho, thanks for the heads-up.

Frodo1 wrote:I don't actually enter them (I will NOT go out of my way to enter a RP that has obviously against-the-rules stuff in it because I don't want to involve myself/appear to be supporting that kind of thing in any way, but if someone is ever in the games I'm in I will report)
You have nothing to worry about; if you're silently gathering evidence to use in a report, as long as you aren't participating in the session in any way that is deemed inappropriate, you will not receive a warning or ban. While it is encouraged that players send in abuse reports, it is completely optional; hope that clears up any worries you may have regarding reporting.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:36 am

nightangelwolf wrote:
Frodo1 wrote:NOT going to give it out to ANYONE other than a mod or admin...
Ideally, it's best to e-mail the report to info@wolfquest.org as opposed to sending it via private message via the forum. No point in reporting it to a moderator either, since multiplayer abuse reports are handled by Kristie (wq_admin).

Anywho, thanks for the heads-up.

Frodo1 wrote:I don't actually enter them (I will NOT go out of my way to enter a RP that has obviously against-the-rules stuff in it because I don't want to involve myself/appear to be supporting that kind of thing in any way, but if someone is ever in the games I'm in I will report)
You have nothing to worry about; if you're silently gathering evidence to use in a report, as long as you aren't participating in the session in any way that is deemed inappropriate, you will not receive a warning or ban. While it is encouraged that players send in abuse reports, it is completely optional; hope that clears up any worries you may have regarding reporting.
It's not just that- it's also that I'd rather not intentionally expose myself to that kind of innappropriateness when it is plainly visible. If other people are going to enter a server with that sort of name, then they must know what they are doing. If people who might otherwise enter a server like that unwittingly but unintentionally and not involve themselves in inappropriate conduct see that title, they will know to stay away. That's why I don't feel comfortable intentionally going in- I want to protect myself from seeing/reading things that I'll regret. When it's as obviously broadcasted in a title as that one was, no one can stumble in unaware unless they are somehow totally unaware of the language commonly used to cheat the filter.
Thanks though- if I ever do find myself in a situation where the rp gets out of hand, I'll be sure to report and not involve myself further. I'm just not going to go out of my way to enter a blatantly inappropriate server.

Also, just as an additional thought (just in case it would ever come up anywhere), if someone is roleplaying as multiple characters that are mates but does not get graphic about anything, is that against the rules? (in the case that both characters are their own- i.e. they would like to play as a puppy but have the mother and father be characters as well)
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:46 am

That's fully understandable- reporting may be encouraged, but it remains completely optional. You don't need to enter the game in order to report its name and the host, especially if you're not comfortable doing so. You can opt just to take a screenshot of the offending session and submit it as a report - as long as the host's username and game name are shown, that's all the proof you'll need for a report. That way, you're not getting directly involved or seeing what you may not want to.
Frodo1 wrote:Also, just as an additional thought (just in case it would ever come up anywhere), if someone is roleplaying as multiple characters that are mates but does not get graphic about anything, is that against the rules? (in the case that both characters are their own- i.e. they would like to play as a puppy but have the mother and father be characters as well)

It's a touchy subject, but there are ways to appropriately portray a wolf pack using replacement terms for 'mate' without the session being considered inappropriate and without bypassing the chat lexicon, which Cana explained here: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40392

Keeping in mind that breeding, gender-specific and mating-related activities aren't allowed in multiplayer (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34861), you can use the suggested replacement words to appropriately portray a wolf pack, so pups being born and roleplayed by other players as a family pack is technically allowed.
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:05 pm

nightangelwolf wrote:That's fully understandable- reporting may be encouraged, but it remains completely optional. You don't need to enter the game in order to report its name and the host, especially if you're not comfortable doing so. You can opt just to take a screenshot of the offending session and submit it as a report - as long as the host's username and game name are shown, that's all the proof you'll need for a report. That way, you're not getting directly involved or seeing what you may not want to.

OK, thanks :)
nightangelwolf wrote: It's a touchy subject, but there are ways to appropriately portray a wolf pack using replacement terms for 'mate' without the session being considered inappropriate and without bypassing the chat lexicon, which Cana explained here: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40392

Keeping in mind that breeding, gender-specific and mating-related activities aren't allowed in multiplayer (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=34861), you can use the suggested replacement words to appropriately portray a wolf pack, so pups being born and roleplayed by other players as a family pack is technically allowed.
Alright, thank you :) And don't worry- I don't like inappropriate roleplays at all. I wouldn't do anything against the rules ;)
JayPlays on YouTube
Nature and wildlife gaming videos the whole family can enjoy!
Join the adventure here
Av/Sig © me

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:04 pm

I may have went against the rules plenty of times before, but that all changed four years ago and frankly I can see so much action and timing with all these users who deliberatly go against the common guidelines of how to play the game and in a way and form. I do secretly join an open game, that may involve some mate-related RP's, though I don't participate and join in he fun. I would act like someone who doesn't know the English language very well and be running around and quietly. Yes, this may tick off other players, but some of these rooms can be amusing if the people just ignore you.

Besides, how many players check the forums here to see how active us silencers are?
Roses are gray,
Violets are blue,
I am a dog

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:15 pm

What is sad about some games is that people don't even greet you anymore, just "led or alas". I usually patrol the game lists, join the bad rp games (ex: GraphicMeat, MeatRP, MatureMeat). I introduce myself but I say brb. I write the usernames down, and watch. I just secretly survey the game, take screenshots, and report. 8)

They never see it coming, once I caught the same person three times! She kept making "meat" games but I reported her for her disgusting behavior. I think she is banned, haven't seen her games in a while. :lol:
~ σиℓу тωσ кιи∂ѕ σf ρєσρℓє єχιѕт ιи тнιѕ ωσяℓ∂, тнσѕє ωнσ ѕтєαℓ, αи∂ тнσѕє ωнσ αяє ѕтσℓєи fяσм. ~

Stashalee
Pup
Pup

Post by Stashalee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:50 pm

I may have a question about this, ten minutes back, (I'll not say the name, since of privacy). A player came onto the server (I hosted), and asked me a question; leading to advertising about a website s/he has.
And another server I went on quite a while back, the host advertised about another website. So does that mean you could report someone who is advertising unnecessarily? :?
I am Bezrail @ dA

۞۞
Ł ƬӇЄ STƛƦƧ AƦE
AƜAƘEƝ TƠ THЄ SὄƲƝD Of TӇE ƑƖƦЄƁi
۞۞
Avatar|Signature|Lyrics © Me|Me|Galantis

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:52 pm

Stashalee wrote:I may have a question about this, ten minutes back, (I'll not say the name, since of privacy). A player came onto the server (I hosted), and asked me a question; leading to advertising about a website s/he has.
And another server I went on quite a while back, the host advertised about another website. So does that mean you could report someone who is advertising unnecessarily? :?
As long as the advertisement is harmless/not inappropriate, I don't think it is an issue. Concern when it comes to behavior is primarily centered around the mate situation.

Stashalee
Pup
Pup

Post by Stashalee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:53 pm

Koa wrote:
Stashalee wrote:I may have a question about this, ten minutes back, (I'll not say the name, since of privacy). A player came onto the server (I hosted), and asked me a question; leading to advertising about a website s/he has.
As long as the advertisement is harmless/not inappropriate, I don't think it is an issue. Concern when it comes to behavior is primarily centered around the mate situation.
Well, that solves that question. Thanks.
I am Bezrail @ dA

۞۞
Ł ƬӇЄ STƛƦƧ AƦE
AƜAƘEƝ TƠ THЄ SὄƲƝD Of TӇE ƑƖƦЄƁi
۞۞
Avatar|Signature|Lyrics © Me|Me|Galantis

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:32 am

Celestial-Howl wrote:What is sad about some games is that people don't even greet you anymore, just "led or alas". I usually patrol the game lists, join the bad rp games (ex: GraphicMeat, MeatRP, MatureMeat). I introduce myself but I say brb. I write the usernames down, and watch. I just secretly survey the game, take screenshots, and report. 8)

They never see it coming, once I caught the same person three times! She kept making "meat" games but I reported her for her disgusting behavior. I think she is banned, haven't seen her games in a while. :lol:
I do this too, I have onyy reported once, though ask I had it on the full screen at the screenshots were of my home screen, I still do it because I'm stubborn but I'm trying to get myself to just do it as a tab thingy.

I hate when people just go to you "Name, led or alas" too because they don't even welcome you. And when you just say your name and description they are always like "Led or alas? Say or leave." And I find this really sad.
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
There's so much punishment, so little time.
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
Av / Sig - Beachbody Humperdinck
〘 Skadoosh 〙

D0m

Post by D0m » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:23 am

I'm never sure whether I should report the "Vampire" roleplays etc
They are obviously not what the game is for but at the same time they are not causing harm if they are not acting unrealisticly. Although I think (not played multiplayer in a while) it says it should be all wolf roleplays, if I am correct?
So all in all...
Should you report roleplays that are not wolf orientated?
(sorry if this was asked before)
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
〘 Skadoosh 〙

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:37 am

Short answer:
WQ Coordinator wrote: Please do not report people who:
  • Appropriately roleplay (even if it’s not wolf-related roleplay)
So no, you shouldn't, unless the contents of the roleplay give you reason to - see the first post of this thread to give you an idea... Glad to see you care about the aim of the game, though ;)
WickedTrickster wrote:I would agree with you there Lupa. It's sad to know that Wolfquest on the computers has changed and has become worse then when it was first released. Hopefully(in the near future) this problem will be solved and fixed and it will no longer become an issue.
I personally find pay-to-play games have a generally more pleasant Community and I certainly hope that with the changes 2.7 will bring to Multiplayer in general WolfQuest won't be an exception to this. ^^;

D0m

Post by D0m » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:24 am

Thank you for th answer, Anduril! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.
Of course I care about the aim of the game! ; )
⋄╢ Ṩin Ịncarnate ╟⋄
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
◈⑄⑀⑄◈
〘 Skadoosh 〙