General Fox Discussion

Discuss other canids (coyotes, foxes, dholes, etc.).

Moderators: Frodo1, Koa

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: Foxes in the Neighborhood

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:32 pm

Kenai Wolf wrote:
Embry wrote:Foxes aren't a threat to a human society apart from the risk of getting a rabies infection, and usually foxes are nocturnal, moving around only by night, but I am really confused why the animal control doesn't move the foxes away, since obviously foxes do not belong in to an urban environment by any means. I agree with Sintact, you should just keep calling and calling, or then you can try the police.
Well, it would not be uncommon to see them in a very-low density suburb (such as the one I live in). We've got a good number of foxes here, their numbers seem to have been increasing. People here like them though, since they eat all the pesty little rodent type creatures that destroy our yards. As far as I know, the only complaints we get here are on the rabbits/squirrels and the coyotes, nobody seems to mind the foxes.

True, although again if little children are present it may not be the best idea for foxes to be in the setting, espiecally if they are quite comfortable with humans around.

Kenai Wolf
Pup
Pup

Post by Kenai Wolf » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:33 pm

SnowRules wrote:
Kenai Wolf wrote:
Embry wrote:Foxes aren't a threat to a human society apart from the risk of getting a rabies infection, and usually foxes are nocturnal, moving around only by night, but I am really confused why the animal control doesn't move the foxes away, since obviously foxes do not belong in to an urban environment by any means. I agree with Sintact, you should just keep calling and calling, or then you can try the police.
Well, it would not be uncommon to see them in a very-low density suburb (such as the one I live in). We've got a good number of foxes here, their numbers seem to have been increasing. People here like them though, since they eat all the pesty little rodent type creatures that destroy our yards. As far as I know, the only complaints we get here are on the rabbits/squirrels and the coyotes, nobody seems to mind the foxes.

True, although again if little children are present it may not be the best idea for foxes to be in the setting, espiecally if they are quite comfortable with humans around.
^^ True, this city does have an aging population.
old & new DA accounts: avan-c-lupus.deviantart.com , avan-clarctos.deviantart.com
Wolves! :3
//starting to upload more art now//

alphawolf20
Pup
Pup
Location: Middle School, sitting in the back of the class doing CrAzY stuff with my CrAzY friends!

Post by alphawolf20 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:35 pm

In my town we have a growing population of coyotes. Me and my dad were in the car one day and in a feild, in broud daylight, which apperantly they are not treatened by all the humans which might cause a problem sooner or later, was a coyote standing out there eating a carcass, and sadly it ended up being on of the neighbor hood dog's new born puppy. They had posters up and when me and my dad saw it eating it we were devistated. But sadly that's how nature works.
Rottweiller lover!

..... (\_/)
.(... {, "-;
.)).. /';.\
.((_()'_ \\,,

You may miss me
You may ignore me
You may even forget me
But one day if you want to see me
Don't search, just see your shadow
I will be there..Trust Me!!

Enter the wonderful world of me..

Blightwolf
New Pack Member
New Pack Member

Post by Blightwolf » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:37 pm

alphawolf20 wrote:In my town we have a growing population of coyotes. Me and my dad were in the car one day and in a feild, in broud daylight, which apperantly they are not treatened by all the humans which might cause a problem sooner or later, was a coyote standing out there eating a carcass, and sadly it ended up being on of the neighbor hood dog's new born puppy. They had posters up and when me and my dad saw it eating it we were devistated. But sadly that's how nature works.
This topic is to talk about foxes, not coyotes. . .
AUGUST 2009 USER OF THE MONTH

wolfy646foxdog
Pup
Pup

Red Fox

Post by wolfy646foxdog » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:52 pm

Who here likes Red Foxes?I think they are so cute!Once in a Ripley's Believe It or Not Book,a man adopted a fox because it had a weird disease that made it lose it hunting instinct or something like that.So he kept it as a pet.I would love to have a pet Fox except sometimes they have rabies though.So just leave your commet on Red Foxes here.
The ShadowRunners Rule!

Kivia

Re: Red Fox

Post by Kivia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:25 am

I have seen a Red fox once or twice I believe, maybe in a zoo somewhere. They are very gorgeous animals, but then again, I love all canids in general xD That's pretty interesting about the fox losing its instinct to hunt; do you know what it was called in particular?

wolfy646foxdog
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfy646foxdog » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:54 pm

No.I don't know what it had but it was some rare disease or something.
The ShadowRunners Rule!

Kivia

Post by Kivia » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Hmm, very interesting. Maybe I'll have to look it up. Thanks for sharing though^^

+Moon+
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by +Moon+ » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:07 pm

I like red foxes too they are so cute . It will be cool to have a red fox like a pet but they are wild animals so you don't know how are they going to react
"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you"
-Neil deGrasse Tyson

Avvie by Fidd

UFWQKipcha
Pup
Pup
Location: bothering Carah, Warna, Nature, and everyone else in UF(=

Post by UFWQKipcha » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:21 pm

The North American Red Fox is my favorite animal, but I don't think they should be pets unless they are what we call "disabled". But in general, I love foxes.
Mega Proud Gatherer of Undine Falls Pack (since Mon Oct 20, 2008, 5:46 pm)
| I was previously wildgracie1234 |
*I have partially left the WolfQuest Community Forums, but you can always find me at: www.undinefallspack.com*
Awesomely Awesome Avvie by: Ildflue !!!

Mystic3170
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Mystic3170 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:58 pm

Some people are now breeding foxes and keeping them as pets. Personally, I don't think they should do that - aren't dogs enough? But then again, some people are also keeping black bears and raccoons as pets. :shock:
Is this the end of the moment
Or just a beautiful unfolding
Of a love that will never be?

Sunawa
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Sunawa » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:53 am

I like Red Foxes,but it's really not a good idea to keep even a tame one as a pet.They still have wild instincts,so you never know what they will do.Just my opinion.
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

True Love Is When You Would Die For Them
Or When Nothing Matters But Helping Them Through.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

If Every Girl Could See Her Beauty, We Would Be An Army.

Griffinsong
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Griffinsong » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 pm

I rather like them, though I don't think they should be pets, period.

Foxgirlwolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Foxgirlwolf » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:00 pm

I LOVE THEM! ! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM THERE MY FAVORITE ANIMAL! FOXES RUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEE! :D
"THE ONLY ICECREAM I'M HUNGRY FOR IS AN ICECREAM OF JUSTICE....THAT SOUNDED BETTER IN MY HEAD!"
~Wordgirl

Foxgirlwolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Foxgirlwolf » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:40 pm

no one can kill a topic like foxgirlwolf
"THE ONLY ICECREAM I'M HUNGRY FOR IS AN ICECREAM OF JUSTICE....THAT SOUNDED BETTER IN MY HEAD!"
~Wordgirl