WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 released!

Post by valkea » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:47 pm

roguemoon wrote:Are there no foxes in SC? I've only ever seen two in Amethyst Mountain. Is there something you can do to trigger their appearance?
There are definitely foxes in SC, I've killed a couple there! I found them in winter if that helps, though I wasn't looking for them at all so I couldn't tell you any more.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:49 pm

@Cackle: The free trial/demo edition is usually updated some time after a new patch or version has been released; I don't think this one will be any different.

@roguemoon:
Spoiler
Show
Try wandering around the old wagon wheel. ;)
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Kirave wrote:
roguemoon wrote:Are there no foxes in SC? I've only ever seen two in Amethyst Mountain. Is there something you can do to trigger their appearance?
There are definitely foxes in SC, I've killed a couple there! I found them in winter if that helps, though I wasn't looking for them at all so I couldn't tell you any more.

Hmm ok good to know. I'll have to keep looking! Need to get them achievements. Probably also need to give my wolf 100% speed to actually catch one of those foxes :mrgreen:

And thank you Neamara, I'll take a look around there

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:58 pm

Nah, you don't need full speed.
Spoiler
Show
Try to get them into water.
Good luck!

heyitseva134
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by heyitseva134 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:14 am

this update is great!!! But I think there should be another mission added to the game. After u reach the renedvous site, you should be able to take some of your surviving pups with you to have another litter so they can help u take care of them. I think it would be cool to have your own "pack" on single player helping with pups...

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:05 pm

heyitseva134 wrote:this update is great!!! But I think there should be another mission added to the game. After u reach the renedvous site, you should be able to take some of your surviving pups with you to have another litter so they can help u take care of them. I think it would be cool to have your own "pack" on single player helping with pups...
This has already been suggested many times, and I think each time the answer has been no due to the issues of getting the funding for something like that.
Many people have suggested that pups should grow up in some way, shape, or form. That would require a good deal of funding and likely another "episode" within itself, as opposed to the likes of a mere update.

heyitseva134
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by heyitseva134 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Lepeka wrote:
heyitseva134 wrote:this update is great!!! But I think there should be another mission added to the game. After u reach the renedvous site, you should be able to take some of your surviving pups with you to have another litter so they can help u take care of them. I think it would be cool to have your own "pack" on single player helping with pups...
This has already been suggested many times, and I think each time the answer has been no due to the issues of getting the funding for something like that.
Many people have suggested that pups should grow up in some way, shape, or form. That would require a good deal of funding and likely another "episode" within itself, as opposed to the likes of a mere update.
oh okay i understand :D

MaryIsGone
Pup
Pup

Post by MaryIsGone » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:24 pm

Hiii, i was wondering about if they're's going to be any other new updates on features in the future. That maybe you could add while howling in Amethyst Mountain while looking for a mate you could hear other howls in the distance. I am not trying to pressure you into an new update and i know it will depend on the funding but it was just a idea and i just had to say it. :D

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:42 pm

MaryIsGone wrote:Hiii, i was wondering about if they're's going to be any other new updates on features in the future. That maybe you could add while howling in Amethyst Mountain while looking for a mate you could hear other howls in the distance. I am not trying to pressure you into an new update and i know it will depend on the funding but it was just a idea and i just had to say it. :D
If you have ideas for the game, you can always share them here if you'd like. Although, this topic is mainly for brainstorming amongst the community and will not necessarily be actively considered by the development team. :]

Zoopal55
Pup
Pup

Post by Zoopal55 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:23 am

Got a Question...

Is it possible there might be more updates like this soon?
For instance why not add a new land to where after you grow your pups and visit the rendavou site you can go there and actually teach your pups to hunt, fend for themselves, ect. Then be allowed to actually raise a second litter with your now grown first litter helping you out?
Just a suggestion for later on if you want too... :) Anyway adding new lands would be a nice improvement to the game... :wolf: :pawprint:

Thanks for Listening,:D
StarBender2000

wolf567
Former WQ Moderator

Post by wolf567 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Starbender2000 if you have any ideas and/or suggestions for WolfQuest then feel free to share them on the following topic: Ideas for New Episodes V2
Anduril wrote:Since the release of WolfQuest 2.7, a lot of the Community members have been coming up with various ideas and hypotheses for features that could be added to future episodes. In the past, we had an "Ideas for new episodes" topic that served to share and organise these ideas in one place to relay to the development team. However, since it has not been that long since the release of version 2.7 and any future episodes are purely hypothetical at this point, this topic will merely be for discussing and brainstorming your ideas, wishes, and thoughts, which for the time being will not be actively considered by the developers. If this ever happens to change, this topic will be updated to reflect that.
Wolf567 / Blaze

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Version 2.7.2p3, released August 9, 2016

This patch has several fixes and refinements:

* Fixed terrain graphics in Fastest quality level; graphics and performance should now be same as before 2.7.2.
* Refined several multiplayer reporting functions.
* Added filter to block "mate" and "mating" in multiplayer game names. (Those words are still allowed in game chat.)
* Refined the cougar running animations.
* Fixed issues when Help and Chat panels are open at the same time.
* Fixed cougar spawning off the rock near Lost River waterfall.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

CrestedMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CrestedMoon » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:12 am

That's great to hear! Those Cougars were glitching when I was playing. I can't wait to play the new version!

P.S. - is there a thought about the iOS Wolfquest release date?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:23 am

@CrestedMoon: Recent posts from the Facebook group regarding the mobile/IOS version-
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

sara34987
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by sara34987 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:07 am

It's four in the morning but I have GOT to check this out! I love big cats and wolves so it's almost like best of both worlds! XDDDDD I'm opening the game right now but it's taking forever to download all the updates. I'm so happy I remained faithful to WQ! TAT I missed you lexicon chat! The only thing this game needs is hunters! That pop out of no where and to escape them we have to sneak out! That would be EPIC!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”