WolfQuest 2.7.2 Preview

Archived news, updates and announcements.
valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 Preview

Post by valkea » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 pm

HowlerOfTheWolves wrote:This is amazing! I absolutely love the idea of you guys adding updates a little at a time, it leaves all of us something else to look forward to! Will this update cost money if you already have the game?
No, if you already have 2.7, you do not have to pay again.
This question has been answered a couple times already, it would be appreciated if you looked through the last few posts or so on a thread before asking, just in case your question was already answered!

EyesMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by EyesMoon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Kirave wrote:
EyesMoon wrote:excuse anyone know if the upgrade will cost and if so, how much? :?:
It is that I have 2.7 but I wonder if I'll have to buy the new version
This update, as with all updates previous to it, will be free. If you already have 2.7, you will not have to pay again.
Many thanks n.n
And by the way ... The game is updated or only have to download the new version?

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:17 pm

Updates are downloaded and applied to your game automatically when they are released, so the next time you play after the update's release, it should be updated.

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:30 am

Yay!! Totally making a cougar character for rp to celebrate whenever I get the update. This is gonna be so awesome!!! :D

Will we be able to turn off the birdsong? I REALLY hate background noise and if anyone with misophonia plays WolfQuest it would be really nice.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by valkea » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Pelican wrote:Yay!! Totally making a cougar character for rp to celebrate whenever I get the update. This is gonna be so awesome!!! :D

Will we be able to turn off the birdsong? I REALLY hate background noise and if anyone with misophonia plays WolfQuest it would be really nice.
If you're using Windows, you can work around the limited volume options, though it will change the volume of the entire game itself rather than specific things such as bird songs. Make sure WolfQuest is running, right-click on your volume icon and open the volume mixer, then adjust the sound for WolfQuest specifically. This is probably possible with Mac as well, but as I've never really used one, I couldn't tell you how.
(And as someone who does have misophonia (though not triggered by any sounds in WolfQuest), I totally understand the need to get rid of certain noises)

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:07 pm

I am using windows I'll be sure to try that... Is 2.7 a available for iPhones by the way?

psy
Former WQ Moderator
Name: Jay

Post by psy » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:27 pm

Pelican wrote:I am using windows I'll be sure to try that... Is 2.7 a available for iPhones by the way?
The mobile version of 2.7 is still in testing.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:59 pm

I can't believe cougars are actually being implemented! This is awesome! I just wanted to ask, will they be chased off with three bites or will a new way of ridding of them when they pose danger be put in?

Also the other cool thing has me stoked, this is the best update yet. :wolf:

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:08 pm

That cougar us AWESOME looking!! Soo can't wait for this update now!!!

CupcakeFever
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CupcakeFever » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:17 am

Wow! My prayers have been answered! I'm really looking forward to this update. Now, with the picture of the cougar and the position its in, it almost looks like it's some sort of mission or boss battle, or it could simply just be a certain place the cougar is to be found. As for the "another cool thing," that's what I'm most curious to find out more info about. Possibly another prey item? More coat colors or "accessories"? And has anyone noticed the beaver smily? Maybe they will be adding beavers?

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Pelican » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 am

DerpBacon wrote:
Pelican wrote:I am using windows I'll be sure to try that... Is 2.7 a available for iPhones by the way?
The mobile version of 2.7 is still in testing.

do they know when it will be released?

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:48 am

@Pelican: an estimate was given in the first post of this thread-
loboLoco wrote:Our target release date is sometime in the second half of June -- first with the Mac/Win update, and then the iOS version, followed by the Android version. So the latter may slip into early July, depending how it goes.
Since this announcement was made, note that what was formerly known as "the tablet version" is now called the mobile version, which covers both mobile and tablet devices. (The FAQ thread has yet to be updated with supported devices.)
CupcakeFever wrote:And has anyone noticed the beaver smily? Maybe they will be adding beavers?
Those new smilies have been there for months. :lol:

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:52 am

How would you chase off the cougar? Would it be more like a bear? Or a coyote? Perhaps like a hawk?

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:09 pm

cougars? That's awesome! I love how much this game has grown since I started playing oh so lobg ago ; )

Flamesky
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Flamesky » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:15 pm

Adding another predator to the game is a great idea! I would like to know what the cougars' behavior would be like. Will it be possible to attack them or chase them from elk carcasses like grizzly bears and coyotes?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”