WolfQuest 2.7.2 Preview

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: WolfQuest 2.7.2 Preview

Post by Koa » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm

Samber wrote:
Koa wrote:
Samber wrote:Will foxes and cougars try to kill pups too? Just curious.
Cougars function like any other big predator in the game. I am not sure about foxes, though (in terms of being able to kill your pups-- I haven't seen anything as of yet).
Oh boy..another big predator. I wonder how are our wolves gonna fight them..hmmm
Do they do the same damage to your health just like bears do? I'm curious.
They do damage to your wolf, but from what I recall from earlier testing not as much as the grizzly (which makes sense-- bears are bigger, anyway). Cougars still pose a threat to your wolf.

Samber
Name: Akira

Post by Samber » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Koa wrote:They do damage to your wolf, but from what I recall from earlier testing not as much as the grizzly (which makes sense-- bears are bigger, anyway). Cougars still pose a threat to your wolf.
Very interesting indeed. Though will there be different gender cougars and foxes(i know there are different gender coyotes and hares, i'm not sure about the bears though)

llsaturnskiesll
Pup
Pup
Name: Amy

Post by llsaturnskiesll » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Samber wrote:
Koa wrote:They do damage to your wolf, but from what I recall from earlier testing not as much as the grizzly (which makes sense-- bears are bigger, anyway). Cougars still pose a threat to your wolf.
Very interesting indeed. Though will there be different gender cougars and foxes(i know there are different gender coyotes and hares, i'm not sure about the bears though)
I think there are different genders for the bears already. I'm not sure, though.
TheStrongestWolf wrote:Saw the fox pic, then looked around. Do I see new forms of pine trees?
Yep, it sure looks like it.
Last edited by llsaturnskiesll on Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheStrongestWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TheStrongestWolf » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:50 pm

Saw the fox pic, then looked around. Do I some new models of pine trees?
Last edited by TheStrongestWolf on Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samber

Post by Samber » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:54 pm

NobleSky wrote:
Samber wrote:
I think there are different genders for the bears already. I'm not sure, though.
Hmm..i don't know. I have never stumbled on a female bear

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:41 pm

Yeah, all of the new and old animals can be male and female now. Also yes, lots of new vegetation was added.

Cougars are a real threat to your wolf, and to your pups. I wouldn't underestimate them.

And foxes will not go after your pups, at least, not from what I've seen in testing.
NotTelling167 wrote:
Would it be possible? Or are they more for ambiance? I would love to get some sort of "Fox hunter" achievement X3
It is possible, but not probable. You'll have to...outfox the fox.

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:56 am

loboLoco wrote:
Celestial-Howl wrote:But now we are nearing completion...
Sez who?
Haha Dave your response made my day. <3
I just laughed out loud.

Also, I'm sooo excited for the new update.
Like, I started playing this game when I was 11 years old, and right now I'm 19 and I'm still so utterly excited about updates. Like a little kid all over again. xD
I was really happy when the announcement was made WolfQuest was going to stay and try to update more. When I bought the game I bought three (2 for my friends) + I paid a little tip. ;D
(WQ is the only game I want to spend to much money on just because it's my childhood, haha.)

SilketPack
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by SilketPack » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:53 am

This is so awesome. I'm still waiting patiently on the release date to come. And so far I don't have any real requests about what I would prefer to be added to the game. But keep up the good work guys. And thank you again for this awesome update.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:08 am

The "other cool thing" is either the ravens or the fox, your choice.

EDIT: Actually, there is one other cool new thing, specifically in LR....but I'll leave it to you all to discover.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Samber

Post by Samber » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:41 am

loboLoco wrote:The "other cool thing" is either the ravens or the fox, your choice.

EDIT: Actually, there is one other cool new thing, specifically in LR....but I'll leave it to you all to discover.
I think...i would like ravens more, because we already have coyotes and they are pretty similar to foxes(except the hunting mice thing)

And another cool thing in LR? I'll have to explore a little bit around later today.

Kitas
Pup
Pup
Name: Liv

Post by Kitas » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:04 am

loboLoco wrote:The "other cool thing" is either the ravens or the fox, your choice.

Will it be out today? I keep refreshing my Wolfquest! :D
Im also really curious on what the "Other cool thing" in LR. Ugh, no words can explain on how hyped I am
Last edited by Kitas on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfyyy123
Pup
Pup

Post by Wolfyyy123 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:05 am

Its not out today don't think but been wrong before so anything is possible

Jaleesa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Jaleesa » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:08 am

ortravis wrote:

Will it be out today? I keep refreshing my Wolfquest! :D

Just be patient. The staff will announce when it's out. They aim to launch it this weekend but things can happen and that can get delayed.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:10 am

A new landmark perhaps? A lone human? The possibilities are endless, I'm so stoked for this new update.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:14 am

Later today, unless something goes wrong.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”