WQ 2.7.1 thread

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Re: WQ 2.7.1 coming this week!

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:23 pm

The game launcher should download it automatically. To see if you have the new version, look at the bottom of the game title screen (with the adult and puppy wolves) -- what version number does it say? It should be 2.7.1 or 2.7.1p1. IF it still says 2.7p(something), then in the game launcher (with the brown background), click Repair...and if that still doesn't work, then click the Download Again button.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kyrozide
Pup
Pup

Post by Kyrozide » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:27 pm

loboLoco wrote:The game launcher should download it automatically. To see if you have the new version, look at the bottom of the game title screen (with the adult and puppy wolves) -- what version number does it say? It should be 2.7.1 or 2.7.1p1. IF it still says 2.7p(something), then in the game launcher (with the brown background), click Repair...and if that still doesn't work, then click the Download Again button.

That's also kinda a problem, i can't see below the adult wolves and pups.. The bar takes up too much space.. :?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:33 pm

If you uncheck the "Windowed" toggle in the Resolution dialog (when starting the game, where you choose the screen resolution), it should be visible.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Susurrus
Pup
Pup

Post by Susurrus » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:11 pm

I have the same problem as Abandoned Corpse. Mine says 2.7.6, if I recall correctly. However, I have the free trial version on a 'Windows' computer and cannot download the game again thanks to that computer. Is there anything else I can do? (I don't have a game launcher with a brown background and never heard of that before.)

Akuerri
Pup
Pup

Post by Akuerri » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:45 pm

duskypack wrote:Do you think you can add in disabled chat in a future patch? It's not in 2.7 yet and I miss it.
I miss it too. Having disabled chat in Public games would be nice, it's way easier to communicate through actions now. In 2.5 it was very frustrating.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 pm

@Susurrus: The launcher is only for available to those who purchased the full game; the demo/trial edition doesn't auto-update, so you will need to re-download the installer from Eduweb's Itch.io page. If you can't download the installer again directly to your own computer, you may need to use other methods, such as a USB memory stick/flash drive or external harddrive to transfer the updated installer over from one computer to your own, if possible?
Nothing interesting happens.
[XBL] • [Switch SW-7220-7090-5161]

WQ Wiki WQ Discord WQ Reddit

Kyrozide
Pup
Pup

Post by Kyrozide » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:24 am

loboLoco wrote:If you uncheck the "Windowed" toggle in the Resolution dialog (when starting the game, where you choose the screen resolution), it should be visible.

Hehe sorry for the late reply, Thanks Dave! :D

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:44 pm

ETA for Mac patch release? I really want to try the new features.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:36 pm

duskypack wrote:ETA for Mac patch release? I really want to try the new features.
Not yet, sorry. We licensed the launcher from another developer, who is normally very prompt with tech support, but not this time, alas.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Finally got the Mac version of 2.7.1 up. Sorry for the delay. And sorry, you'll have to do a full redownload. It was the only way to fix it.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:21 pm

loboLoco wrote:Finally got the Mac version of 2.7.1 up. Sorry for the delay. And sorry, you'll have to do a full redownload. It was the only way to fix it.

Thanks Dave! Excited to try it out! ^-^

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:32 pm

I've updated the Free Trial with all the features from 2.7.1 (well, those that are available in Amethyst SP games). It's available on itch.io now.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:19 pm

I like the new addons, dave! Will player names be a different color? White is hard to see, especially in the snowpack servers.

rowantobias
Name: Rowan

Post by rowantobias » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:11 pm

Akuerri wrote:
duskypack wrote:Do you think you can add in disabled chat in a future patch? It's not in 2.7 yet and I miss it.
I miss it too. Having disabled chat in Public games would be nice, it's way easier to communicate through actions now. In 2.5 it was very frustrating.
Definitely this. I'd love to see this implemented again.

On the topic of the update: love the emotes, and I'm glad that the pup-scent was changed to be less similar to the coyote-scent! I had a hard time telling the difference between the two sometimes, and it was a bit dangerous for the pups, haha.

Also super love the scent trails for other players! I've dreamt of having that since years past, haha - it's very nice and will lend itself well to games where nametags and chat are disabled for realistic rp!

Rustic
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rustic » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:45 pm

I'm loving the new patch with the emotes :D :D :D

But do we think it is possible in a future patch to:
1) Fix the chat sound alert (it currently only makes the alert sound if you are the game host)
2) add the option to resize the chat box/text (it is currently VERY small and hard on the eyes) this box/text was MUCH bigger in 2.5 so this doesn't seem to be much of an issue.
3) Add an option for checking/selecting multiple messages on the account inbox for deletion? I was away for awhile and SHEESH did it take forever to go through and then delete all my messages :(

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”