WQ 2.7.1 thread

Archived news, updates and announcements.
FuzzyDesertPaw

Re: WQ 2.7.1 thread

Post by FuzzyDesertPaw » Tue May 03, 2016 10:56 am

loboLoco wrote:Version 2.7.1p5, released April 15, 2016.

One fix (sigh): Bug where stranger wolf would not leave the social arena after player dominates it.
Amazing! Thank you for the work loboLoco :D

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Tue May 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Speaking of glitches, I keep getting disconnected from my private server. Is there any way to fix this? (Sorry if this question is in the wrong thread)

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue May 17, 2016 4:00 pm

Pelican wrote:Speaking of glitches, I keep getting disconnected from my private server. Is there any way to fix this? (Sorry if this question is in the wrong thread)
We've gotten a handful of reports of frequent disconnections since 2.7 came out, but from our analysis, it looks like the problem occurs on the server side, not in the game. I need to get some help from the server folks (Photon) to look at it from their end.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Pelican
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Space

Post by Pelican » Tue May 17, 2016 6:24 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Pelican wrote:Speaking of glitches, I keep getting disconnected from my private server. Is there any way to fix this? (Sorry if this question is in the wrong thread)
We've gotten a handful of reports of frequent disconnections since 2.7 came out, but from our analysis, it looks like the problem occurs on the server side, not in the game. I need to get some help from the server folks (Photon) to look at it from their end.
Ooh, I've never heard of Photon. If their other works are similar to WolfQuest in server structure, they're really good at their job.

wolf_whisperer98
Pup
Pup
Name: Silver

Post by wolf_whisperer98 » Wed May 18, 2016 5:10 pm

I do have a question about Wolf Quest in general. I understand that there are elk, bears, coyotes, and rabbits, but why can't there be a couple more kinds of animals, like deer and fox? Maybe why not see birds land on the ground feeding on carcasses?
Would that be too much for the game to handle and crash it?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu May 19, 2016 3:23 pm

wolf_whisperer98 wrote:I do have a question about Wolf Quest in general. I understand that there are elk, bears, coyotes, and rabbits, but why can't there be a couple more kinds of animals?
That's just what we were able to do during game development. But that doesn't mean it'll always be like that.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

fruit
Pup
Pup

Post by fruit » Thu May 19, 2016 4:15 pm

Woah, it would be so cool to have different animals in Wolfquest! Imagine having bison :o I'm so happy about how far Wolfquest has come. I remember playing it for the first time. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to more awesome updates :D

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Thu May 19, 2016 9:14 pm

Albatrox wrote:Woah, it would be so cool to have different animals in Wolfquest! Imagine having bison :o I'm so happy about how far Wolfquest has come. I remember playing it for the first time. Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to more awesome updates :D
I really like the idea of having more prey options etc, Albatrox! I think that'd be a really cool and realistic addition to Wolfquest for the future.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Thu May 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Let's try to keep suggestions for the game to this thread, please, as that is focused on suggestions for future versions of the game while this thread is about an already-released version of the game. Your suggestions are definitely welcome, but this thread isn't really the best place for them. Keeping them in one thread also gives the developers a place to easily look through and see what players want if they need ideas for future updates.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”