WQ 2.7 Mobile Version Update

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WQ 2.7 Mobile Version Update

Post by loboLoco » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:15 am

WQ 2.7 for Mac/Windows was released three weeks ago, so where's the tablet version?

We had originally planned to dive right back into the tablet version after releasing the Mac/Win version, but unfortunately events conspired against us. We've been kept busy with bugfixes and patches, tech support, and some other projects for clients that we neglected in the final push. So I'm afraid that we haven't made much progress with the tablet version (though of course it will benefit from all the bugfixes and tweaks to the Mac/Win version). We still need to do some special setup for it, along with optimizing for tablets' slower processors. And looking at the calendar, we have to admit that we won't get all that done in time to release it before the end of the year.

I'm very sorry about this delay, and especially sorry because this was originally a tablet project, so I can't blame people for feeling like we pulled a switcheroo by putting the Mac/Win version first in priority. We will get the tablet version done and released in early 2016.

And if you're on the fence about which version to get, please remember that the Mac/Win version has better graphics and, depending on how old your tablet is, probably smoother gameplay.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Re: WQ 2.7 Tablet Update

Post by Kamaal » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:19 am

Alright, thanks for the info Dave, I understand the team's struggle to keep up with everything. Take as much times as you need, I would surely buy the new WQ if I could for either tablet or PC, but sadly I'm not able to do so. Thanks for taking the time to write this.
Hopefully I can get the new game through the contest.

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 am

It's ok, I understand completely, with bug fixes and stuff to be done, other projects can get delayed, and I'm okay with that. I'm also okay with waiting for the tablet version, considering I don't have a tablet, although I might have plans on getting one eventually, who knows?

Chumpkins_
Name:

Post by Chumpkins_ » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:57 am

Take your time and good luck!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:45 pm

No problem Dave, take all the time you need! You've worked plenty hard on the desktop version––I'm sure people can wait a bit long for the tablet version. As long as it's still coming, all shall be well. ; )

bonnie bunny
Pup
Pup
Name: Star

Post by bonnie bunny » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:07 pm

I understand take your time the longer it takes the better game will come out when its done I'm willing to wait as long as it takes

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:32 am

I'm alright with the delay. I'm sure patience will pay off, and you'll grant us with an excellent tablet version to play, just like you did with the pc version. I'm getting my school friends to get the game, and one of them doesn't have a computer, so I guess she'll have to wait for the tablet version.

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:05 pm

Thank you soooo much for the update. I have been waiting for another update on the tablet version!!!! Anyway, don't rush the process it will make more people happier by having a better done game than a rushed game.Good luck!!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:00 am

I was wondering what would end up happening with the tablet; I am sure those interested appreciate this update and would not want you to rush.

journey2009
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by journey2009 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:35 pm

Yay! I'm excited all over again. I'm glad the WolfQuest Team never rushes! But still, I can't wait to hear more about it. :)

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:22 pm

I'm not sure if this has been asked, is there going to be beta testers for the tablet version? If so can I be one of those? Good luck for finishing the version!!!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:24 pm

Little Wolf Spirit wrote:I'm not sure if this has been asked, is there going to be beta testers for the tablet version? If so can I be one of those? Good luck for finishing the version!!!
I am unaware if there will be beta testing on the tablet version; I do know that we have an existing "beta team" comprised of a few moderators and a few users that we know have experience with beta testing in the past or have made themselves good candidates in other ways for beta testing, and am not sure if more will need to be recruited. Dave might have more information on that.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:21 pm

If you are interested in beta testing, send a message via the Contact Us page and tell me what kind of tablet you have (as much detail about the model as you can find)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:08 pm

loboLoco wrote:If you are interested in beta testing, send a message via the Contact Us page and tell me what kind of tablet you have (as much detail about the model as you can find)

So do I send it on the bug report section? Because that is all I see that contacts a WolfQuest team member on my screen at the Contact us page.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:14 am

Go to the Contact Us page (link at bottom of this page)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”