WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Re: WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Post by duskypack » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:45 pm

loboLoco wrote:
TazerTricks wrote:Not that I'm complaining, but why is the Multiplayer still open in 2.5? Weren't you guys going to shut it down when 2.7 was released?
Yup, in a day or two.
Could you let us know when it's shutting down, so we can enjoy all the memories one last time?

Also, everyone I meet in 2.5 multiplayer doesn't know about the new version, maybe a little announcement would make a difference, if it's possible ;3

Davidlc
Pup
Pup

Post by Davidlc » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:17 pm

I'd say an announcement would be a great idea so more people would know about it. Hey, maybe one day Wolfquest will be famous, who knows! Honestly I am looking forward to playing the newer (and improved) version of Wolfquest, lets just hope that if a crap ton of people find out and start playing that it won't crash the servers :lol:

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:50 pm

duskypack wrote:
loboLoco wrote:
TazerTricks wrote:Not that I'm complaining, but why is the Multiplayer still open in 2.5? Weren't you guys going to shut it down when 2.7 was released?
Yup, in a day or two.
Could you let us know when it's shutting down, so we can enjoy all the memories one last time?

Also, everyone I meet in 2.5 multiplayer doesn't know about the new version, maybe a little announcement would make a difference, if it's possible ;3
Probably tomorrow.

Unfortunately I don't have a way to put an announcement in 2.5. I assume that players will come to the website to find out what happened, and there will be a News item about it.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:27 pm

Davidlc wrote:I'd say an announcement would be a great idea so more people would know about it. Hey, maybe one day Wolfquest will be famous, who knows! Honestly I am looking forward to playing the newer (and improved) version of Wolfquest, lets just hope that if a pasta ton of people find out and start playing that it won't crash the servers :lol:
They used to have a newsletter, perhaps that could return. Someday...

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Post by Bailee » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:25 am

Would it be an easy patch to add fluffiness to the Original Pack colors? I've noticed in single player that other wolf models have fluffy textures with the original coats. I like one of the original coats but love the fluffy look too, and I'd love to use it for my playable wolf. If it'd be a coding hassle though I think I can deal with this minor quirk

Love the update! Worth my little $12 contribution :D

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 am

Bailee wrote:Would it be an easy patch to add fluffiness to the Original Pack colors? I've noticed in single player that other wolf models have fluffy textures with the original coats. I like one of the original coats but love the fluffy look too, and I'd love to use it for my playable wolf. If it'd be a coding hassle though I think I can deal with this minor quirk

Love the update! Worth my little $12 contribution :D
All wolf coats should have the fur effect on Beautiful and Fantastic quality levels. You're sure those original coats don't?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Well, they do have the fuzz effect, at least on the demo I have they do. I'm not aware if they do have this feature on the full game, since I'm not able to buy it at this time... Hopefully next year...
I'm still disappointed that the lexicon is shutting down, but I guess I just need to wait till late 2016...

Phasoli
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: EMK

Post by Phasoli » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:05 pm

I'm not sure I can play Fantastic or even Beautiful on my brother's computer. I may have to download it again on mine.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:28 pm

I've noticed a few problems/I have a few suggestions with the npcs and coat colors.

1. Dispersal wolves only have a select few coat colors. So far I've noticed the original tan ('Original 1' on the line-up of coats for that Life is Rough pack poll) the original white ('Original 4'),the new black w/ orange belly ('Lamar 1'), the black/white Lamar (Lamar 3, but only on Druids and never dispersals) and either the Blackfoot 1 or 1, I'm not in-game right now so this is from memory. That's six-ish out of fifteen, and a lot of them aren't even dispersals and thus not possible mate options! A couple I never see are 'Lamar 5' (grey w/ green eyes) and the 'Blackfoot 5' (white with red face). If anyone has anything to add on, let me know! I've actually 'farmed' dispersals via reloading in select areas and I always see the same ones no matter what the territory!

2. Puppy coat color inheritance. A) The coats are predictable, usually three of them look like you and one looks like your mate. B) Even though it's implied in the text, there are no pups that don't look like you and your mate. It would be fun to have pups that have a similar coat that you have (for example, you are Lamar 2 and the pup is Lamar 1 or 3. All of the above coats are black, but they all have slight variations. You could make like a table of possible coats your pups could have) or the occasional randomized coat that an ancestor might have.

It would be lovely if the (the dispersal coat thing is a glitch, right!) glitches to be fixed in a patch or at least considered for fixing/adding.

Thanks, and I also want to let the whole team know that you are doing great and 2.7 is indeed spectacular, definitely worth every second in waiting!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:18 am

duskypack wrote:I've noticed a few problems/I have a few suggestions with the npcs and coat colors.

1. Dispersal wolves only have a select few coat colors. So far I've noticed the original tan ('Original 1' on the line-up of coats for that Life is Rough pack poll) the original white ('Original 4'),the new black w/ orange belly ('Lamar 1'), the black/white Lamar (Lamar 3, but only on Druids and never dispersals) and either the Blackfoot 1 or 1, I'm not in-game right now so this is from memory. That's six-ish out of fifteen, and a lot of them aren't even dispersals and thus not possible mate options! A couple I never see are 'Lamar 5' (grey w/ green eyes) and the 'Blackfoot 5' (white with red face). If anyone has anything to add on, let me know! I've actually 'farmed' dispersals via reloading in select areas and I always see the same ones no matter what the territory!

2. Puppy coat color inheritance. A) The coats are predictable, usually three of them look like you and one looks like your mate. B) Even though it's implied in the text, there are no pups that don't look like you and your mate. It would be fun to have pups that have a similar coat that you have (for example, you are Lamar 2 and the pup is Lamar 1 or 3. All of the above coats are black, but they all have slight variations. You could make like a table of possible coats your pups could have) or the occasional randomized coat that an ancestor might have.

It would be lovely if the (the dispersal coat thing is a glitch, right!) glitches to be fixed in a patch or at least considered for fixing/adding.

Thanks, and I also want to let the whole team know that you are doing great and 2.7 is indeed spectacular, definitely worth every second in waiting!
The dispersal colours are supposed to be completely random. Hm...Dave?

For the puppy coat inheritance thing, Frodo made a good chart you can find here: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77567
Also, apparently, your wolf's tint will affect the puppy coat tints.

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:09 pm

duskypack wrote:I've noticed a few problems/I have a few suggestions with the npcs and coat colors.

/color]

I have the exact same problem, wasn't sure if it was a glitch or not. For my first round all the same colours that duskypack described were the same but in my second round with a different wolf, I'm only getting one dispersal with the same brown coat in every territory. (from the Blacktail pack).

Davidlc
Pup
Pup

Post by Davidlc » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:39 am

Not sure if this has been asked yet but, will there be beta testers for the mobile edition of Wolfquest 2.7? I'd be happy to help.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by duskypack » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:29 pm

I was reading the Developers Blog, with all the entries from 2007 and 2006, and I've found that the new version of Wolfquest seems to meet all that they hoped for. The elk hunts have gotten more difficult and much more fulfilling, the pup interactions tender and sweet, and as you play through the game you really get into the mind of a wolf. Bravo to all the team! You've made the best version of Wolfquest yet with the smallest team!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:46 pm

duskypack wrote:1. Dispersal wolves only have a select few coat colors. So far I've noticed the original tan ('Original 1' on the line-up of coats for that Life is Rough pack poll) the original white ('Original 4'),the new black w/ orange belly ('Lamar 1'), the black/white Lamar (Lamar 3, but only on Druids and never dispersals) and either the Blackfoot 1 or 1, I'm not in-game right now so this is from memory. That's six-ish out of fifteen, and a lot of them aren't even dispersals and thus not possible mate options! A couple I never see are 'Lamar 5' (grey w/ green eyes) and the 'Blackfoot 5' (white with red face). If anyone has anything to add on, let me know! I've actually 'farmed' dispersals via reloading in select areas and I always see the same ones no matter what the territory![/color]
In Amethyst, the wolves you meet that are not potential mates come from particular packs, and there are three or four individuals that you'll always meet, so you'll see three or four different coats. When you meet a dispersal wolf, it should have a larger range of possible coats...however....I just found that not all those various coats are properly assigned. (I set them up but didn't assign them, or somehow those assignments got lost at some point.) I'll fix that in the next patch.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:59 pm

When will the tablet version come out this mounth?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”