WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
RedWolf310
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Post by RedWolf310 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:59 pm

I'm having a problem. I bought and downloaded the game and an error popped up. It says "Unable to execute file. The directory name is invalid" What do I do? I am on Windows. Please hurry and help!!

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:04 pm

@RedWolf310: Please try the solution Anduril provided in this thread. We've also added this to the WolfQuest FAQ- http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34889. Let us know if it helps. ^^

HowlerOfTheWolves
Pup
Pup

Post by HowlerOfTheWolves » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:59 pm

The new version is so awesome! I love the growl and whine options, also that we get to raise pups in multiplayer as well as change times of day like that. :'D I think that restricted chat for multiplayer is really appealing, but if you guys gather enough funding from this game, I would definitely suggest adding more actions for the wolves to do. Maybe dominance/submissive gestures, and even a way to 'attack' in the future in replace of the free lexicon (maybe something like the wolf encounters in single player), because it's hard to do a lot with just phrase chat. But the game is awesome, I love the new map! You all deserve a huge break :D

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:40 pm

HowlerOfTheWolves wrote:The new version is so awesome! I love the growl and whine options, also that we get to raise pups in multiplayer as well as change times of day like that. :'D I think that restricted chat for multiplayer is really appealing, but if you guys gather enough funding from this game, I would definitely suggest adding more actions for the wolves to do. Maybe dominance/submissive gestures, and even a way to 'attack' in the future in replace of the free lexicon (maybe something like the wolf encounters in single player), because it's hard to do a lot with just phrase chat. But the game is awesome, I love the new map! You all deserve a huge break :D

I think more actions would be really cool. I thought a nuzzling action would be nice as a gesture of thanks/affection for your packmates or pups (though I can see people using it for mate games sooo), or a short simply play animation (perhaps triggered if both players bow to each other).

Also, I'm loving 2.7 so far. Worth every penny. I'm hoping sales are doing well!

WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfOfOz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:50 am

So happy to see this released! The game is fun so far.... except one problem.
Lost River isn't working AT ALL. Is this just my computer, or is there a way to fix it? I really want to explore the new map.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:00 am

WolfOfOz wrote:So happy to see this released! The game is fun so far.... except one problem.
Lost River isn't working AT ALL. Is this just my computer, or is there a way to fix it? I really want to explore the new map.
Could you be more specific about your problem (e.g. is the map crashing, lagging out, etc.)? Regardless, it'd be helpful to post about your issue in Tips, Hints, and Help so you can give us more detail about your issue & get more detailed answers there. It'll prevent your comment from getting lost here as well.

WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfOfOz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:33 am

SilverHybrid wrote:
WolfOfOz wrote:So happy to see this released! The game is fun so far.... except one problem.
Could you be more specific about your problem (e.g. is the map crashing, lagging out, etc.)? Regardless, it'd be helpful to post about your issue in Tips, Hints, and Help so you can give us more detail about your issue & get more detailed answers there. It'll prevent your comment from getting lost here as well.

Thank you.
I can't figure out where to post it on the link, though. It isn't an installing or downloading problem.
The best I can describe it is it takes forever to load, Multiplayer and Singleplayer. When it does load, the map is all broken and on multiplayer it says I am disconnected, and I have to shut down my computer to get back on the game.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:56 am

WolfOfOz wrote:
SilverHybrid wrote:

Thank you.
I can't figure out where to post it on the link, though. It isn't an installing or downloading problem.
The best I can describe it is it takes forever to load, Multiplayer and Singleplayer. When it does load, the map is all broken and on multiplayer it says I am disconnected, and I have to shut down my computer to get back on the game.
Lost River is a "heavier" scene than the others -- a lot more stuff in it. So you may need to run it on a lower quality level, but it shouldn't crash. After you try to go into LR, and it doesn't work, before doing anything else, can you send your output log (on Windows, it's in the "Windows_Data" folder; trickier to find on Mac but I can give instructions if you need it) to bugs@wolfquest.org?
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

WolfOfOz
Pup
Pup

Post by WolfOfOz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Thank you.
The best I can describe it is it takes forever to load, Multiplayer and Singleplayer. When it does load, the map is all broken and on multiplayer it says I am disconnected, and I have to shut down my computer to get back on the game.[/quote]

Lost River is a "heavier" scene than the others -- a lot more stuff in it. So you may need to run it on a lower quality level, but it shouldn't crash. After you try to go into LR, and it doesn't work, before doing anything else, can you send your output log (on Windows, it's in the "Windows_Data" folder; trickier to find on Mac but I can give instructions if you need it) to bugs@wolfquest.org?[/quote]

Okay, I can send it to the link. I'm always running on 'fast' quality, so that isn't the problem. Thank you!

creekkitz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by creekkitz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm having some trouble with the second mission to the rendivious(?) site where when I try to take my pups across the sand bar crossing near the wolf pack, or more specifically my mate trying to take them across, the game crashes. This has happened 4 - 5 times in the same place, at the same time. I don't know whats causing it or how to fix it but if someone could inform me on the subject, please do.

Thank you,

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:45 pm

creekkitz wrote:I'm having some trouble with the second mission to the rendivious(?) site where when I try to take my pups across the sand bar crossing near the wolf pack, or more specifically my mate trying to take them across, the game crashes. This has happened 4 - 5 times in the same place, at the same time. I don't know whats causing it or how to fix it but if someone could inform me on the subject, please do.

Thank you,
The next time that happens...report it as a bug.
If you find a bug that you can reproduce (it keeps happening at the same part in the map, or right after you do something specific), send an e-mail to: bugs@wolfquest.org and include as much of the following information as you can:
a detailed description of the bug/glitch
what you were doing right before the bug/glitch happened
a screenshot of the bug/glitch (if applicable))
a screenshot of your location on the map (if applicable)
your saved game (if applicable)
your output log file (Program
Files\WolfQuest\Data\Output_log.txt) OR (launch
Applications/Utilities/Console.app and select LOG FILES ---> system.
log)
if you experienced this bug in a single player or multiplayer game

You will not receive a personalized response unless more information is needed.
(From the Wolfquest FAQs)

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:56 pm

creekkitz wrote:I'm having some trouble with the second mission to the rendivious(?) site where when I try to take my pups across the sand bar crossing near the wolf pack, or more specifically my mate trying to take them across, the game crashes. This has happened 4 - 5 times in the same place, at the same time. I don't know whats causing it or how to fix it but if someone could inform me on the subject, please do.

Thank you,
Especially if you have a saved game from just before it happens -- send that to us, so we can load that game and hopefully have the same problem. That would be a huge help.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

creekkitz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by creekkitz » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:00 pm

I'm not sure how to send it to you though, (Honestly I'm kinda nervous atm about this cause I don't know that much about the site) so em, could you help me a bit please? ;u;

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:22 pm

creekkitz wrote:I'm not sure how to send it to you though, (Honestly I'm kinda nervous atm about this cause I don't know that much about the site) so em, could you help me a bit please? ;u;
If you have Windows 8.1, my save files at least are in Documents >> WolfQuest (well for you, WolfQuest2?) >> Singleplayer. I think that's where you might be able to find yours.

Floofysaur
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Fwoof

Post by Floofysaur » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:28 am

After all the activity on the FB group, I am so jealous that I insisted my partner to buy me the game. As long as I pay him the money first but I'm happy he would! I won't to indulge on this game so bad, looking forward to it myself eventually. :D
I have waited long for this day to come, so happy how far the staff have gone to make this game worth our patience.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”