WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Re: WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Post by roguemoon » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:38 pm

loboLoco wrote:
duskypack wrote:1. Dispersal wolves only have a select few coat colors. So far I've noticed the original tan ('Original 1' on the line-up of coats for that Life is Rough pack poll) the original white ('Original 4'),the new black w/ orange belly ('Lamar 1'), the black/white Lamar (Lamar 3, but only on Druids and never dispersals) and either the Blackfoot 1 or 1, I'm not in-game right now so this is from memory. That's six-ish out of fifteen, and a lot of them aren't even dispersals and thus not possible mate options! A couple I never see are 'Lamar 5' (grey w/ green eyes) and the 'Blackfoot 5' (white with red face). If anyone has anything to add on, let me know! I've actually 'farmed' dispersals via reloading in select areas and I always see the same ones no matter what the territory![/color]
In Amethyst, the wolves you meet that are not potential mates come from particular packs, and there are three or four individuals that you'll always meet, so you'll see three or four different coats. When you meet a dispersal wolf, it should have a larger range of possible coats...however....I just found that not all those various coats are properly assigned. (I set them up but didn't assign them, or somehow those assignments got lost at some point.) I'll fix that in the next patch.

I have noticed that each pack has the same wolves each time. Makes sense why, it's a good idea I think.

And thanks for fixing that Dave!
:D

Moonlesshowler1011
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Moonlesshowler1011 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:58 pm

I'm so glad it's out, just gotta get $10 on the card and I'll be good to go! I'm so excited!!!!

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:26 am

Finally,the game is mine <3 I'm really impressed!
I have found a mate with my injured husky-looking wolf with radio collar :D And until yesterday,i didn't knew that my mate had scars on his face too :'D It's lovely!
I love how the pups comes after me when i start the Rendezevous mission. <3

Btw,i have found some pink-ish scents in some random places,are these bugs or had to be the "unknown" scents? (they are like single dot)
The plane flying in AM <3
Also,i have found out that when you go to the Acres in LR you can hear some animals in the pile of sticks...Are those...beavers >:D ?

MaryIsGone
Pup
Pup

Post by MaryIsGone » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:24 pm

uhm i seem to not be able to download the 2.7.
my computer broke last month and i already bought it before it broke and i was wondering if there was a chance i could download it again with out paying for it again.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:47 pm

MaryIsGone wrote:uhm i seem to not be able to download the 2.7.
my computer broke last month and i already bought it before it broke and i was wondering if there was a chance i could download it again with out paying for it again.
There's a download key you can use for any computer, try using that.

MaryIsGone
Pup
Pup

Post by MaryIsGone » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:11 am

Ohhhhh right , i totally forgot about that.
Thank you.

YukiShizuko
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by YukiShizuko » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:20 pm

I got the game but I want to buy another for my friend and pay another $10 but I can't give her the $10 because she doesn't have paypal. If I buy it again would I be able to give it to her?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:15 pm

chicken wrote:I got the game but I want to buy another for my friend and pay another $10 but I can't give her the $10 because she doesn't have paypal. If I buy it again would I be able to give it to her?
That shouldn't be any problem, you could just forward the purchase e-mail or manually send her the link to the download page. The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is how that'd work in combination with itch.io accounts. When you're logged in to itch.io, the purchase gets tied to your accounts, so you'd probably have to purchase it without being logged in (note that I'm not sure if you could add the game to an account later after all), or if possible, be logged in to her account while making the purchase.

renny uwu
Pup
Pup
Name: Renn, Renee, Copper

Post by renny uwu » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:19 pm

Anduril wrote:
chicken wrote:I got the game but I want to buy another for my friend and pay another $10 but I can't give her the $10 because she doesn't have paypal. If I buy it again would I be able to give it to her?
That shouldn't be any problem, you could just forward the purchase e-mail or manually send her the link to the download page. The only thing I'm not entirely sure about is how that'd work in combination with itch.io accounts. When you're logged in to itch.io, the purchase gets tied to your accounts, so you'd probably have to purchase it without being logged in (note that I'm not sure if you could add the game to an account later after all), or if possible, be logged in to her account while making the purchase.
Ah, my friend sent me 2.7 through email, just copied the link of the page which had download. So I believe she doesn't have to purchase it just download if you send the one with download. No trouble I hope

DEADPOOLBOSS
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by DEADPOOLBOSS » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:03 pm

I am just gonna get this 2.7 version on Christmas coz have no money lol

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:50 pm

I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to post this... If it isn't please forgive me mods...

As you mentioned, the new version is considered "safer" for the younger audience, but when a user decides to make and open game to a private one, you never know who you're going to bump into. A few minutes ago, I was in a server with 3 other people. Two of them started the mate related content again, while the third person and I didn't take part. As the rules state, no inappropriate or else mate related content is allowed. I was just wondering, how is the new chatting option supposed to be safer, if some people make an open game to a private one? The children who might enter it, might not be aware of what is going on and might get confused and rather a bit socked...

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:32 pm

@Kamaal: I believe the stance there is that joining private games with players you don't know is done at your own risk.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:43 pm

That's right. Private games are arranged outside of the game, so the assumption is that you know each other in some way. We really don't have any alternative except to treat private games as if they were public games, and lock down chatting...which I assume nobody wants.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Kamaal
Name: Kam

Post by Kamaal » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:56 am

You have a point... I know that this is my choice to make, but I'm not referring to myself, I'm just talking in general. The best solution I can find is reporting the users who act that way. Thanks for taking the time to type this, even if my post was somewhat pointless.

Riverstrider
Pup
Pup

Post by Riverstrider » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:13 am

I had assumed that having to pay for accounts would have helped deter those rule breakers. I mean - free accounts are one thing, but why risk getting an account banned that was paid for? But I guess I was being too optimistic.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”