WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Re: WolfQuest 2.7 Released!

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:10 am

I have a question, is WolfQuest Tablet going to be released near Thanksgiving( if you don't know what that is it is a American holiday coming up this Thursday) or New years? Just wanted to ask since I got this account for WolfQuest Tablet since I don't have a Mac or Windows computer.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:07 am

Little Wolf Spirit wrote:I have a question, is WolfQuest Tablet going to be released near Thanksgiving( if you don't know what that is it is a American holiday coming up this Thursday) or New years? Just wanted to ask since I got this account for WolfQuest Tablet since I don't have a Mac or Windows computer.
Looks like a potential December release according to this thread, but remember that things can change.
We plan to release WQ 2.7 in November 2015. We plan to release the Mac/Win version first, and then make final optimizations to the tablet (iPad, Android and Kindle) versions, releasing those in December most likely.

Tablet models:
It will be available for iPad 2, iPad Mini (original), and more recent models. We haven't tested it on Android or Kindle tablets yet, but it will probably be available on models released since 2012.

http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=75087

CrestedMoon
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by CrestedMoon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Wow- I can't believe it! It's finally released! Wow, Thanks so much, Dave!
I just can't wait for the iPad to come out- (that's what I mainly play on!)
Dave, You have really proved yourself through this journey. Congrats! :D

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:25 pm

I have a huge complaint: predator cam doesn't work at all. A pup just died and i had no idea there was any predator within a mile. Other then that and a small complaint with the mate AI, the new version is amazing!

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:00 pm

duskypack wrote:I have a huge complaint: predator cam doesn't work at all. A pup just died and i had no idea there was any predator within a mile. Other then that and a small complaint with the mate AI, the new version is amazing!
Where were you? What mission were you on? Sometimes I find the predator cam doesn't always work on the Journey mission.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:39 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
duskypack wrote:I have a huge complaint: predator cam doesn't work at all. A pup just died and i had no idea there was any predator within a mile. Other then that and a small complaint with the mate AI, the new version is amazing!
Where were you? What mission were you on? Sometimes I find the predator cam doesn't always work on the Journey mission.
I chased off like five predators on the 'Defend your pups' mission, it didn't work on there as well as the Journey mission. Since my mate was running in random directions with my pups, I couldn't exactly keep track of predators.

Serperior_123
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Serperior_123 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:15 pm

Gotta wait to get my allowance to buy it... I want it so bad T_T

creekkitz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by creekkitz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:29 pm

Koa wrote:
creekkitz wrote:I'm not sure how to send it to you though, (Honestly I'm kinda nervous atm about this cause I don't know that much about the site) so em, could you help me a bit please? ;u;
If you have Windows 8.1, my save files at least are in Documents >> WolfQuest (well for you, WolfQuest2?) >> Singleplayer. I think that's where you might be able to find yours.

What I'm saying is that I don't know how to send you my save file, I found it but I don't know how to give it to you.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:37 pm

creekkitz wrote:
Koa wrote:
creekkitz wrote:I'm not sure how to send it to you though, (Honestly I'm kinda nervous atm about this cause I don't know that much about the site) so em, could you help me a bit please? ;u;
If you have Windows 8.1, my save files at least are in Documents >> WolfQuest (well for you, WolfQuest2?) >> Singleplayer. I think that's where you might be able to find yours.

What I'm saying is that I don't know how to send you my save file, I found it but I don't know how to give it to you.
E-mail it as an attachment to bugs@wolfquest.org and explain the situation as you did here:
loboLoco wrote:
creekkitz wrote:I'm having some trouble with the second mission to the rendivious(?) site where when I try to take my pups across the sand bar crossing near the wolf pack, or more specifically my mate trying to take them across, the game crashes. This has happened 4 - 5 times in the same place, at the same time. I don't know whats causing it or how to fix it but if someone could inform me on the subject, please do.

Thank you,
Especially if you have a saved game from just before it happens -- send that to us, so we can load that game and hopefully have the same problem. That would be a huge help.
For more information on bug reporting, please see:
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29539

Intothedarkness
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Intothedarkness » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:28 pm

I put it in my applications, and when I click on Open it doesn't run

creekkitz
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by creekkitz » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Sorry for the trouble, I got passed the level and I believe I found the cause of the problem.

When your mate is carrying a pup and goes out of render distance it crashes, as he crossed to the far side of the loop (Passed the first crossing, onto the peninsula, and farther) he/she goes out of render distance. I guess this is because your mate is trying to do a specific action and can't while it's in render distance, thus creating a confusing scenario for the game.

smitty

Post by smitty » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Finally got the game and it's downloading now, so excited! :)

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:49 pm

creekkitz wrote:Sorry for the trouble, I got passed the level and I believe I found the cause of the problem.

When your mate is carrying a pup and goes out of render distance it crashes, as he crossed to the far side of the loop (Passed the first crossing, onto the peninsula, and farther) he/she goes out of render distance. I guess this is because your mate is trying to do a specific action and can't while it's in render distance, thus creating a confusing scenario for the game.
We've gotten another report about a crash at this point, and *might* have fixed it in an upcoming patch (aiming to release that tomorrow). So please see if it still happens after you get that patch.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:23 pm

how many people have downloaded the game so far?

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:02 am

I have bought the game, and downloaded the new patch. c:

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”