Release date

Archived news, updates and announcements.
katten122
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Lexi

Re: Release date

Post by katten122 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:51 pm

Why dose it cost to get the full? (Peaople maybe not can pay for the full game) but they still want to play the game in the new map but if it cost they can't :( (Thninking of my self now i do not have that money).

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:55 pm

katten122 wrote:Why dose it cost to get the full? (Peaople maybe not can pay for the full game) but they still want to play the game in the new map but if it cost they can't :( (Thninking of my self now i do not have that money).
Well, games aren't free to make, and sadly donations alone didn't bring in enough income to support WolfQuest. In order to keep producing the game, the team needed some new form of funding, and that's why some of the game is paid. Sadly, the principal of tanstasfl applies...

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:22 am

I personally don't mind the price, seeing as many games with very little to no valuable content sell for more. I think its a good price for the full game.

ThistleTail
Pup
Pup

Post by ThistleTail » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:39 am

Will it still be the same chat or as this one is purchased and people will be spending their money on it will it be made so people can say what they like?

I hope it is "say what you like" because the one they have now is very annoying.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:52 am

ThistleTail wrote:Will it still be the same chat or as this one is purchased and people will be spending their money on it will it be made so people can say what they like?

I hope it is "say what you like" because the one they have now is very annoying.
Assuming you're referring to multiplayer, there are three different chat options available overall (open games will only have a phrase chat, whereas private games will have the option of a text chat (nearly unrestricted), phrase or voice chat);
Private Games (which are now much more reliable!) will have:
-Text Chat (probably with a naughty-word block, but otherwise unconstrained--no lexicon)
-Voice Chat
-Phrase Chat

Public Games will only have Phrase Chat.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 8#p2388748

So essentially no, it will not be the same as the current chat lexicon. I hope this helps! c:
Last edited by Masika on Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:57 am

Yet you do get to complete the slough creek mission arc in multiplayer

Cackle
Pup
Pup
Name: Whiffler

Post by Cackle » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:30 pm

katten122 wrote:Why dose it cost to get the full? (Peaople maybe not can pay for the full game) but they still want to play the game in the new map but if it cost they can't :( (Thninking of my self now i do not have that money).
Ah, I know how you feel. I won't be able to pay for the game either. I'll just play the free trial. As I live in a different country it gets impossible to pay for anything that costs dollars. But I'm still excited about the new release anyway. :) Maybe I'll watch the multiplayer games if someone makes a video of it.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:42 pm

So, in the past six weeks of beta testing, our incredibly persistent and dedicated team of beta testers has filed over 300 bug reports. We've fixed well over 250 of those, and have completed more fixes that haven't been retested and confirmed yet. And yet our beta testers forge on, finding still more bugs that need fixing. Not a huge number, and some of them will be pretty simple to fix, but others are strange and mysterious bugs that will take awhile to figure out. We're still working hard to have the game ready to release before the end of October...but....we might not quite make it. Just a heads up. I'll know more early next week when I'm back from vacation and see where we're at. Thanks for your patience!
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 pm

loboLoco wrote:So, in the past six weeks of beta testing, our incredibly persistent and dedicated team of beta testers has filed over 300 bug reports. We've fixed well over 250 of those, and have completed more fixes that haven't been retested and confirmed yet. And yet our beta testers forge on, finding still more bugs that need fixing. Not a huge number, and some of them will be pretty simple to fix, but others are strange and mysterious bugs that will take awhile to figure out. We're still working hard to have the game ready to release before the end of October...but....we might not quite make it. Just a heads up. I'll know more early next week when I'm back from vacation and see where we're at. Thanks for your patience!
Thank you for the heads up Dave, I hope whatever force that holds the team back off schedule and into trouble is blown away quickly!

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:56 am

I, myself, can wait! Don't have a computer that can handle WolfQuest right now. Maybe get a new one at the end of 2015. I want perfect game with no bugs, or very few, so don't rush! :)

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:03 am

loboLoco wrote:So, in the past six weeks of beta testing, our incredibly persistent and dedicated team of beta testers has filed over 300 bug reports. We've fixed well over 250 of those, and have completed more fixes that haven't been retested and confirmed yet. And yet our beta testers forge on, finding still more bugs that need fixing. Not a huge number, and some of them will be pretty simple to fix, but others are strange and mysterious bugs that will take awhile to figure out. We're still working hard to have the game ready to release before the end of October...but....we might not quite make it. Just a heads up. I'll know more early next week when I'm back from vacation and see where we're at. Thanks for your patience!
Thanks for letting us know!

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:16 am

]Nice, loboLoco, but don't rush. If it must be longer to fix, go with your own pace.

fruit
Pup
Pup

Post by fruit » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

Wow! I didn't realize it was coming out so soon!!! I haven't been on the website for awhile so I haven't gotten to look at updates. So happy it's coming out so soon! Wouldn't it be SO cool if it came out on Halloween?!?! I'm having a sleepover with my friend that night and she's really excited for 2.7, so it would be awesome to have it on Halloween. Can't wait to play!! :D :D :!: Even if it's after Halloween, it will still be totally awesome either way!

Kuzan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: You'll never find me!!! (Georgia) You'll never know where!!! >:D

Post by Kuzan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:22 pm

No problem! I have my heart set on getting the game upon its release. The fewer the bugs, the better. After all, I would enjoy a thuroughly de-bugged well made game rather than a rushed one. Take your time.

Naeomi
Pup
Pup

Post by Naeomi » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 am

Very excited! Thank you for letting us know. :D :D

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”