Release date

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Kamaal
Name: Kam

Re: Release date

Post by Kamaal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:56 pm

I agree with amethyst, all good things take some time. Keep in mind that all this people worked hard over all those months for WQ to come alive as it is today.

Fellyks
Pup
Pup
Name: Kael

Post by Fellyks » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:29 pm

The graphics are so much better in 2.7, and I like the diversity in the pack wolves' coat colors.

JordyWild
Pup
Pup

Post by JordyWild » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Just wanted to say i posted a lets play video of the demo! Thought it wouldn't only help my channel grow but would possibly bring in some new members ^^

Feel free to check it out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFrt9c88AM

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:35 pm

Wolves1100 wrote:Just wanted to say i posted a lets play video of the demo! Thought it wouldn't only help my channel grow but would possibly bring in some new members ^^

Feel free to check it out :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DFrt9c88AM
If you are just going to post a link, please post it in the Demo Discussion Thread (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=77481) or make your own walkthrough topic in the Videos & Screenshots subforum if there isn't one already. This thread is for the discussion of the release date only.

Maddoka
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Maddoka » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:47 pm

I'm just gonna hope that the game will be out on sunday(probably won't, whatever ;p) So I still have some time to play on monday before I have to work again. Been working much lately, barely have any time for games. Makes me cry.

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:00 pm

It's already pretty close to December, and the holidays are right around the corner, so why not wait a wee bit longer and release it sometime in mid-December? This way it can be debugged in plenty of time, and, a feature or two could be implemented. Now I still won't be able to get the game myself, however it gives users something to look forward to for the holidays eh?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:16 pm

honestly at this point it would take even longer just to implement something new, something new could take many more months depending on the coding, its fine as it is, we seriously dont even know what else is in game yet

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:19 pm

I won't know everything that's new even when it's released anyway, due to not having the money to buy it. Aside from that, it'd at least give them plenty of time to debug it.

cosmobianca
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by cosmobianca » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Loving everything in the demo so far. The graphics... The improved AI... Man, hunting is actually super fun! I'm playing on the hardest difficulty.

Anyways, <3 the game so far even though it's only a demo. I simply love the return of shaders.

EDIT: edited out a demo question so I can post it on the correct thread ^^
Last edited by cosmobianca on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:42 pm

Lilly Shane wrote:It's already pretty close to December, and the holidays are right around the corner, so why not wait a wee bit longer and release it sometime in mid-December? This way it can be debugged in plenty of time, and, a feature or two could be implemented. Now I still won't be able to get the game myself, however it gives users something to look forward to for the holidays eh?
Not to burst your bubble, but it would take longer than that to put in new features. Not to mention debugging them.

The game has plenty of content as it is. You'll see.

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:47 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:Not to burst your bubble, but it would take longer than that to put in new features. Not to mention debugging them.

The game has plenty of content as it is. You'll see.
Bubble not busted, I bet there already are a ton of new features, I just won't get to see them as previously mentioned. Unless the competition has a chance of becoming a thing.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:14 pm

So, new estimated release date, perhaps? I'm having a lot of fun, but I'm so excited for puppies x3

Take all the time you want, though! ^-^

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 pm

loboLoco wrote:Well, we are so close! But our intrepid beta testers found a couple new bugs in the final build last night (like at 3am -- that's how dedicated they are!). We're working on them now. They're tricky, but we really want to fix them. (They involve pups dying in the creek crossing in Multiplayer, and you wouldn't want one player to have a zombie pup that everyone saw die, would you?)

So not today, sorry! Not sure about this weekend, due to other complicating factors. We'll see.
@duskypack: possibly this weekend but it isn't a very likely estimate.

7KodaWolf7
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Elliott

Post by 7KodaWolf7 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:56 pm

I check the forums every day, waiting anxiously to see a 'It has been Released!' message. I can't wait, now that we're at the final countdown; I will ask for the full version on my computer and my tablet for Christmas! Keep it up! :D

wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Post by wolfadore » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:47 pm

Oh my! I finally, just now, on the free trail, managed to get a mate! I love how we had to travel to slough creek- we didn't just magically go there! I cannot wait for the rest! This is so realistic- the best I have ever known! I also just adore that the human trails are left not only in slough creek, but are in amethyst as well! Yay!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”