Release date

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Release date

Post by loboLoco » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:13 am

We've been working really hard to get the game ready for release, hoping for next weekend. Alas, we've had a number of very annoying problems (endless fussing with water effects and terrain glitches, complications with some user account features, and some hard-to-reproduce bugs) that have slowed down our progress considerably this week. So now I have to acknowledge that there's no way we can have it ready to go in a week. I'm as sad about that as anyone, believe me. Then, the following week, I have a 5-day vacation scheduled with my wife, and I don't want to risk divorce by working on the game then. So that puts us into late October, around Oct 27-30. I really do think that's pretty firm, but I'd rather not guarantee it.

I'm very sorry it's taking so long to finish this thing up. The last 5% of a project always does seem to take 50% of time and effort.

Edit: While the full game has not been released yet, the Windows/Mac trial version can be downloaded here.
Last edited by valkea on Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added trial download link

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Re: Release date

Post by Masika » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:31 am

Thanks for letting us know, Dave! It's a shame that a few problems have arised which have slowed down the game's progress, although it's to be expected when it comes to game production. You definitely don't need to apologise as well - you and the team have been working hard on this game and I'm sure everyone is grateful for that! As much as it would be great to have the game out now, I'd much rather you guys took the time needed to fix everything up and ensure that the game is of a high quality when it's released rather than it being rushed! Once again, thanks for telling us! :]

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:41 am

Its good to hear that it will probably be coming out sometime in October at least, it'll be good that all the kinks are worked out, it'll may it more fun and draw in more players. Will we be getting an advertisement video before it comes out and bloopers as usual to promote it? its not too bad at least its not late November

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:42 am

yeah, with this delay, at least I'll have a preview video released beforehand (before my vacation, I hope).

There may be more beta bloopers (though for my blood pressure's sake, I hope not!)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

TazerTricks
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by TazerTricks » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:46 am

Thank you for all of the work you and the team have put into this! Watching as things develop has been amazing, and you definitely deserve the vacation :D I hope you enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to the preview!

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:56 am

I'm more than willing to wait longer knowing that the quality of the game will be better. You and the team have put a ton of work into it and I'm super excited, you should all be incredibly proud of yourselves. Can't wait to see the preview!

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:00 pm

Oh yes yes yes yes! I'm sooo excited! I really want to play it so bad now. x3
The team did an amazing job, looking at all the Beta screenshots! c:

Airamyst
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Airamyst » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Yes so happy! Can't wait! I am pumped for this game to come out! o3o
I just finished looking at the Beta screensshots and it looks amazing and you all did a amazing job~<333

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:04 pm

Take as much time as you need with this, Dave -- the same goes everyone else involved with 2.7's development. These things happen, but you'll get there. :)
Hope you have an enjoyable vacation~

loboLoco wrote:(though for my blood pressure's sake, I hope not!)
...the quest for more bloopers begins. ;D

WQlf
Pup
Pup

Post by WQlf » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:17 pm

I wouldn't mind if it'd take another year! You shouldn't feel pressured to release the game early - we're all more then willing to wait! :)

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 pm

You're acting like this is bad news! These are the first real dates we've gotten, and you say you're pretty confident about them. That's what I call good news. Thank you team for all the hard work and time you've put into this game. Every last one of you (but especially Dave) deserves a month of vacation. The end of October will be here before we know it, what what better treat than waking up to WQ on Halloween morning? I know it'll put my tricker treating plans on hold (if I even had them xD).

In the meantime I shall eagerly await the preview video.

amethystrose
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Hypnotic

Post by amethystrose » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for letting us know. I could tell you were eager to release it by then. I'm still waiting for Halloween to come around the corner! xD But I guess there are two things I'll be waiting for to come around the corner. You guys have did a fabulous job on the game! The screenshots and bloopers are a big hit! :D I hope you have a good vacation. It should preserve as a well-deserved break from working very hard on the game. Good luck on fixing those bugs that are creeping up and getting in the way, and the very best to all of you when releasing the final product!

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:10 pm

Hey, it's still not that far off! I will eagerly anticipate its release! ;) Have fun on your vacation!

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:16 pm

No problem! Take your time and try your best!

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Oh yay!

I'll start saving up money for this.

Actually the timeframe falls around payday, so I'll just cash my check and buy the game. Haha.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”