WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:03 am

Here is the plan for pricing. In the end, we've decided on different strategies for the tablet vs Mac/Win versions. Both free and paid versions will have all the bugfixes, overhauled animal AI, and hundreds of other tweaks and enhancements.

Mac/Win:
Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.

Tablet:
Free Download: with Amethyst Mountain single-player unlocked, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
In-App Purchases for Slough Creek, Multiplayer, and customization packs and items, which will be $2-$3 each, with discounts for multi-item packs, and a "buy it all" option for $10.

(We had been planning on the IAP strategy for desktop as well as tablet, but (a) that's just not very common, and not generally a well-liked approach, and because of that, (b) setting up in-game purchases for desktop games, especially with provisions to comply with legal restrictions on under-13 age players' privacy, proved quite complicated.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

FlowerPaw15
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by FlowerPaw15 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 am

Sounds pretty good. :D

Kipcha28

Post by Kipcha28 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:25 am

Great news! I myself definitely prefer paying just one price for a game and getting everything in it. I think the price is quite fair, too. Looking forward to it! :D

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:29 am

I would gladly buy both Wolfquest versions for 20 dollars!

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:29 am

loboLoco wrote:Here is the plan for pricing. In the end, we've decided on different strategies for the tablet vs Mac/Win versions. Both free and paid versions will have all the bugfixes, overhauled animal AI, and hundreds of other tweaks and enhancements.

Mac/Win:
Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10.

Tablet:
Free Download: with Amethyst Mountain single-player unlocked, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
In-App Purchases for Slough Creek, Multiplayer, and customization packs and items, which will be $2-$3 each, with discounts for multi-item packs, and a "buy it all" option for $10.

(We had been planning on the IAP strategy for desktop as well as tablet, but (a) that's just not very common, and not generally a well-liked approach, and because of that, (b) setting up in-game purchases for desktop games, especially with provisions to comply with legal restrictions on under-13 age players' privacy, proved quite complicated.)
ok I like the trial free thing, but... the money wise of funds... $10 for the mac/windows? ok that I think need more money, because 1st of all. you spent countless hours making the game, and most games like this one. where you guys put a lot of effort into it. Need to be a little higher, don't you think? maybe say $25.40?? that's is resemble amount. + you get more money and funds for newer updates.

and also, sense you also put countless hours into the tablet/IPad 2.7 version. maybe for each separate thing (like say, the customization packs, slough creek etc.) all needs to be $3.20 so that you will have more funds :) and for all of them, I think $10 for the tablet/iPad version is swell :D

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:42 am

Hello, I have been wondering if I want to buy the full game how do I pay for it? I don't live in America and we use euro in here.. (for now at least)

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:45 am

Rain wrote:Hello, I have been wondering if I want to buy the full game how do I pay for it? I don't live in America and we use euro in here.. (for now at least)
You'll be able to purchase it with a credit card or PayPal.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:01 pm

Awesome I'll be able to buy both versions! Good luck with finishing the game! Very excited to play it.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:28 pm

10$ for ALL the additions for PC/Mac? That sounds really really awesome! :D That's not really much i must say.I must tell my parents that they should make a Paypal account soon so i can purchase it in December or earlier <3
This is an amazing game and i'm sure it will pay off.Now i'm going to tell other Polish people on my blog how much will it be and how they can purchase it,i'm sure they will be happy :)

Did i get it right? All the things,like,in one "pack" for 10$ OR each of these additions for 10$ each?

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Shadziulec wrote:Did i get it right? All the things,like,in one "pack" for 10$ OR each of these additions for 10$ each?
Yes, you get everything there is to get for $10.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:45 pm

And if you really think it's too cheap, there will be an option to add a tip :)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:52 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:Did i get it right? All the things,like,in one "pack" for 10$ OR each of these additions for 10$ each?
Yes, you get everything there is to get for $10.

Amazing! I'm truly amazed :D Thank you WolfQuest,i hope you'll be able to make more additions,which i'll surely buy if they are this cheap (better more but cheap things,less complications and all :) )

Oh,and LoboLoco,i'm pretty sure many average-old people will add tips to an amazing educational game like wolfquest :) Don't worry!

I'm sure Growing pups in new map or AM or SC to choose would be a step ahead to making WQ 3,haha! But that's far future,let's get happy for the upcoming version 2.7 <3

MiaSkye
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by MiaSkye » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:59 pm

Was there an official date for when the game will be updated? I just started yesterday so I havent seen any news.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:07 pm

@MiaSkye: the WolfQuest FAQ is a great place to start. :)
loboLoco wrote:We plan to release WQ 2.7 in September 2015. First out will be the iPad version, soon followed by Android and Kindle versions. We will release the Mac and Windows version as soon thereafter as we can. (Note: We are considering releasing the Mac/win version at the same time as the iPad version, with some graphical improvements coming in a patch.)
Source: Release dates and platforms

Good to know there will be an option to add a tip! Definitely planning on doing just that when 2.7 is available~ ^^

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:13 pm

Oh,i've got one more question! Will the radio collar and scars pack be avaible for the PC 10$ version :D ?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”