WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by Wolvencall » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:54 am

Okay sounds good, ill keep looking out for the game so hopefuly it doesnt randomly stop downloading due to website traffic because its going to take awhile for it to download

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:24 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Wolvencall wrote:Thats understandable, will it come out on other distributors the same time it comes out on itch.io as to not flood the websites or?
Just itch.io initially. Sometime soonish, we'll start looking into Steam. Might also do Humble Bundle.
Congrats on 1000 posts, Dave! ^p^

I would love to see Wolfquest on Steam. I know of a lot of youtubers who just randomly play games off of Steam, so it might help for publicity. Playing it off of Steam would also just be really convenient.

Weylenn
Pup
Pup

Post by Weylenn » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:22 pm

I was right! xD I knew Dave would get to 1000 posts before release. Made this bet to myself when he was at 500. Grats on 1k though, and it's cool the game is coming out one day before my birthday.

Also, will these threads be closed upon release?

Secondly, are the textures you added into the game compressed? I was thinking maybe a 2k image quality version for the stronger computers out there. Thirdly, if you gain enough revenue would you consider adding other graphical effects? (So bloom, DoF, ect..)

Thirdly, perhaps you could move locked threads into their own child-board for 2.7? I don't know, maybe that's just me being weird as usual. xD

Lilly Shane
Pup
Pup

Post by Lilly Shane » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:31 pm

loboLoco wrote:You'll always need an Internet connection for everything that uses the player account (achievements, friends, messaging, and of course multiplayer). You won't need an internet connection for single-player mode.
Thanks for the response Dave, but there's still the problem of the laucher requireing an internet connection to download and update the game. Could there be a possibility to download an offline installer as well?

smitty

Post by smitty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:38 pm

10$ all around, a fair price indeed (:

BlueBellTigger
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueBellTigger » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:52 am

How much is it in Canadian money?

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:15 am

Lilly Shane wrote:
loboLoco wrote:You'll always need an Internet connection for everything that uses the player account (achievements, friends, messaging, and of course multiplayer). You won't need an internet connection for single-player mode.
Thanks for the response Dave, but there's still the problem of the laucher requireing an internet connection to download and update the game. Could there be a possibility to download an offline installer as well?
No, I don't think so. What you can do though is buy, download and install the game on a different computer, then just copy to game file over via flash drive. At least, I think that would work...

nicshadow
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Name: Shadow

Post by nicshadow » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:40 am

I haven't purchased it yet but Im from Malaysia and the currency exchange from $10 to my currency become about RM40 over and I just cant afford it and my parents wont allow. So Im a bit bump out that wont be able to experience the new improvements in multiplayer and I wont be able to play with the people I have befriended on the servers.

Little Wolf Spirit
Pup
Pup

Post by Little Wolf Spirit » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:10 pm

How much will WolfQuest multiplayer on the tablet be? Two to Four dollars?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:56 pm

Little Wolf Spirit wrote:How much will WolfQuest multiplayer on the tablet be? Two to Four dollars?
Buying the features, such as multiplayer, individually will be around 2-3 dollars each. Here is a quote from the FAQ to emphasise this further;
• In-App Purchases for Slough Creek, Multiplayer, and customization packs and items, which will be $2-$3 each, with discounts for multi-item packs, and a "buy it all" option for $10.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=77045

I hope this helps! :]

Storm Black
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Storm Black » Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:54 am

i paid.but it said"application is currently not available"
i still cannot play in second map

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:08 am

Storm Black wrote:i paid.but it said"application is currently not available"
i still cannot play in second map
If you are getting the "application is currently not avaliable error," try these solutions based on your OS.
Macs

Game quits as soon as you launch it, or says "Application is currently not available."
Be sure to drag the WolfQuest game into the Applications (or another) folder. (It won't work if you try to run it from the "WolfQuest--Mac.dmg" folder that you downloaded.

Game launcher says "Patcher has failed."
The patcher sometimes fails if it can’t maintain a solid internet connection to download the game. Open the Settings panel in the game launcher (click the gear button in top-left) and click the Wrench button. If that doesn't work, try the Redownload button (circling arrows). If that doesn't work, send us a bug report with the player log.

Windows

Game launcher says "Patcher has failed" or "Application is currently not available"
There are several things to try to fix these problems:
• Sometimes the game launcher fails if it can’t maintain a solid internet connection to download the game. The simplest thing to do is to run the "WolfQuest Setup" installer again, which may solve the problem.
• If that doesn't work, open the Settings panel in the game launcher (click the gear button in top-left) and click the Wrench button. If that doesn't work, try the Redownload button (circling arrows). If that doesn't work, send us a bug report with the output_log.
• Usually, installing the game into Documents/My Games/ works best, but if you are still having problems, try running the "WolfQuest Setup" again and install the game in /Program FIles/
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77658

unicorn5229
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by unicorn5229 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:11 pm

For some reason when I download the demo nothing comes up but a little screen that says hello

is there a reason for that, if not did I do something wrong?

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:15 pm

unicorn5229 wrote:For some reason when I download the demo nothing comes up but a little screen that says hello

is there a reason for that, if not did I do something wrong?
Is the message similar to this one?
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78086
There is a solution posted at the end of the thread.

I'm going to remind everyone that you should be posting all questions related to the game or that require troubleshooting in Tips, Hints, and Help. This thread is only for questions or comments regarding pricing.
All help posts in the future will be split from this topic and moved to Tips, Hints, and Help.

Deadliness
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Deadliness » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:47 pm

Does anyone know when the game wolf quest 2.7 will be available completely free? And is it possible that it will be free?

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”