WQ 2.7 Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Re: WQ 2.7 Pricing

Post by Spookykitty » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:30 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:For everyone complaining about the price:

$10 for a game of this calibre is beyond reasonable - most 'games' on Steam are selling for more than double that amount and they are figuratively steaming piles of wolf scat. WolfQuest has taken THOUSANDS of hours of work (I don't have the exact number, but that sounds about right) to get to this point, and I'm not even sure if that includes the amount of time spent testing (which is a lot in itself).

Considering the minimum wage in the U.S.A is around $7.25 an HOUR, charging only $10 for a game that has obviously had so much hard work, love, and passion go into it just boggles my mind. I would have NO problem paying $60 for this game, in fact maybe I will add a 600% tip when I buy WQ 2.7. Because they deserve it (and I would like an episode 3 to be honest, haha!)
100% agreement with you. Hard work deserves pay; sure, free is great, but nobody is entitled to free. It's a gift.

Tl;dr: I'm happy to pay for hard work and good quality.
Last edited by Spookykitty on Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kuzan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: You'll never find me!!! (Georgia) You'll never know where!!! >:D

Post by Kuzan » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Whatever the price-if its 10$ or 50$-I'm willing to pay it!

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:45 am

Kuzan wrote:Whatever the price-if its 10$ or 50$-I'm willing to pay it!
50! Wow

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 am

KisabellaBlue8 wrote:50! Wow
Please make sure to have no less than three words in your posts (excluding quotes, emotes and smilies) in the future; anything less is considered SPAM. Further information and definitions can be found in the Forum Guidelines (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=20100). Thank you.

Stang
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Stang » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:50 am

I played this years ago and was excited to see that there is new development going on with the game. Ten dollars is really reasonable to me and would be well worth it. I don't think anyone can go wrong there.

Bailee
Pup
Pup

Post by Bailee » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:53 am

Will we be able to create a 2.7 account with the trial version? I want to ensure I nab the username I want, but I'm a flat-broke college student, and I may not be able to get the full version until a few days after it comes out.

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:14 pm

Bailee wrote:Will we be able to create a 2.7 account with the trial version? I want to ensure I nab the username I want, but I'm a flat-broke college student, and I may not be able to get the full version until a few days after it comes out.
If I understand correctly, yes. I know purchases are tied to the account, but I believe accounts can be free or paid and also store other persistent game data.
If someone knows an admin/mod quote that confirms/clarifies this, it would be much appreciated ;)

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:58 pm

Neamara wrote:
Please make sure to have no less than three words in your posts (excluding quotes, emotes and smilies) in the future; anything less is considered SPAM. Further information and definitions can be found in the Forum Guidelines (http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=20100). Thank you.

Alright thank you even though I didn't do anything wrong but thank you.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:04 pm

KisabellaBlue8 wrote:
Neamara wrote:

Alright thank you even though I didn't do anything wrong but thank you.
You had two words (other than the words in the post you quoted, which do not count towards the minimum) in your post, which is under the 3 word minimum for boards other than Get to Know Each Other and Forum Games. This is considered spam and is not allowed on WolfQuest, as it says in the Forum Guidelines that you are expected to follow while on WQ. That is why you were reminded of the rule.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:07 pm

Frodo1 wrote:
Bailee wrote:Will we be able to create a 2.7 account with the trial version? I want to ensure I nab the username I want, but I'm a flat-broke college student, and I may not be able to get the full version until a few days after it comes out.
If I understand correctly, yes. I know purchases are tied to the account, but I believe accounts can be free or paid and also store other persistent game data.
If someone knows an admin/mod quote that confirms/clarifies this, it would be much appreciated ;)
Actually, after much deliberation, we finally decided (just last week) that a purchase is required to create an account. That's pretty standard for indie games, and should help reduce piracy to some extent at least. (I know that piracy is inevitable and I'm resigned to it to some extent, but I really hate paying for the pirates' bandwith usage! Plus, our new multiplayer service isn't free, so we have to ensure that only paid-up players can access MP.)
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Just wondering, how would it reduce piracy?

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:34 pm

loboLoco wrote:
Frodo1 wrote:
Actually, after much deliberation, we finally decided (just last week) that a purchase is required to create an account. That's pretty standard for indie games, and should help reduce piracy to some extent at least. (I know that piracy is inevitable and I'm resigned to it to some extent, but I really hate paying for the pirates' bandwith usage! Plus, our new multiplayer service isn't free, so we have to ensure that only paid-up players can access MP.)
Prevent piracy? Mwahahaha! That is awesome!

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:22 am

loboLoco wrote:
Frodo1 wrote:
Oh, well in that case I stand corrected! Thanks for clearing it up ;)

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:24 am

Will fees be waived for the ban parrot?

(That makes sense. Thanks for the heads up!)

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:40 am

On the subject of piracy...

I'm very glad WQ is DRM free (on PC/Mac at least)...I've heard DRM is very unpopular and you will end up losing sales on top of the money you sank into making the game have DRM protection. Also, as a gamer...I hate DRM protection.

It was also a good move to have a free demo - I'm always uneasy about buying a game when it doesn't have a demo, because I like to try things before I buy. And $10 is a good price for WQ IMO, considering all the content. If you're a new player and you've hadn't even heard of WolfQuest before....even better because then everything is new to you!

There will always be piracy, people who don't want to pay for something will find a way to get it for free.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”