New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Re: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed May 06, 2015 9:42 pm

Wow, this is amazing news! Thank you! I was beginning to worry my old Kindle tablet wouldn't be able to handle it, so it makes me very happy that WQ 2.7 is being released on Mac/Windows as well!

As for the distribution...you don't have to stick with one distributor. Not sure how it works, but I've seen the same game on GOG, Steam, etc. I think Steam and GOG have the larger market shares, but you have to figure out how much of a cut they take from the game sales...because I'm sure it must be a lot?

Will beta testing be needed for the computer version?

Noella
Name: Noella

Post by Noella » Thu May 07, 2015 8:49 am

Rustic wrote:AWESOME news!!! Though please, please also release for phones too!! Leave it up to users if want to play on smaller screen or not. From the info here if you DO release on phone I would buy for Windows AND phone so could always play wolfquest!

I mean I recently paid $10 for Baldur's Gate 2 in Iphone, if they can do it I'm sure Wolfquest can...and i would be mote than willing to pay!

By the way how much longer for Windows version after the tablet one comes out?
If you look at the "Status of Things" topic, that gives you an estimate of how things would go for the Window/Mac version. It'll be on the front post :)
Link: http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75014

Frodo1
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator
Name: Frodo/Jay

Post by Frodo1 » Sun May 10, 2015 12:00 pm

This is epic news! I eagerly await WolfQuest's return! (and I'm sure my parents won't mind me paying for some stuff, granted that it's going to support WQ! :D)

Dijiri
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Dijiri » Sun May 10, 2015 11:25 pm

I am so excited! This will be fun.

Shadziulec
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Shadziulec » Tue May 12, 2015 10:56 am

I'm so happy,thank you guys for letting me play my childhood game XD It's really amazing :D
Will this PC improved version be avaible in other country values? Like Polish zlotych? If not,that's ok,i think i could tell my parents and they would help me with swapping zlotych to euro or dollars ( we didn't do this before but oh well )

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Tue May 12, 2015 4:27 pm

Shadziulec wrote:Will this PC improved version be avaible in other country values? Like Polish zlotych? If not,that's ok,i think i could tell my parents and they would help me with swapping zlotych to euro or dollars ( we didn't do this before but oh well )
  • Hmm, this will depend on the distribution services that are used to offer the game. Those are to be determined, but once they are known, you could probably find out on the websites of the distributors themselves!

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue May 12, 2015 8:36 pm

Rustic wrote:By the way how much longer for Windows version after the tablet one comes out?
I'd guess 2-3 months. Mainly we'll have to do two things: Improve the 3D environments so people don't complain about the circa-2007 graphics; and make arrangements to sell the game on distribution portals. I may start the latter soon, but I don't know how long those processes take.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue May 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Nordue wrote:
Shadziulec wrote:Will this PC improved version be avaible in other country values? Like Polish zlotych? If not,that's ok,i think i could tell my parents and they would help me with swapping zlotych to euro or dollars ( we didn't do this before but oh well )

I'll be looking at the usual suspects -- Steam, GOG, Desura, and Amazon. If any of those are better for those of you outside the United States, please note that in this forum.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

StarWolfClaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by StarWolfClaw » Tue May 12, 2015 11:56 pm

Do you think perhaps the new pc game could be sold as well on the Mac App Store and windows app stores? Just a suggestion as that may encourage more people to buy wolfquest.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Wed May 13, 2015 5:38 am

loboLoco wrote:
Nordue wrote:

I'll be looking at the usual suspects -- Steam, GOG, Desura, and Amazon. If any of those are better for those of you outside the United States, please note that in this forum.

If WolfQuest goes on Amazon it will definitely get noticed. People are looking for Wolf games all the time, they are always in the trending lists.

alethe
Name: [REDACTED]

Post by alethe » Wed May 13, 2015 5:43 am

Yes! Amazon would be nice. I don't want to have to get a Steam to play WolfQuest; my parents hate Steam with a passion. I'm not sure why. I see Amazon reaching the intended audience, however. More parents might find it that way, and Amazon has a wide variety of family geared apps already. I see Steam just adding to our inappropriate community (not saying that Steam/older users are inherently bad, but I feel that adding it on Steam would attract internet trolls).

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Wed May 13, 2015 5:48 am

I definitely agree that steam would have the potential to add a whole lot of trolls. I also see Amazon providing a wider audience than just the gamers that steam would bring in.

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Wed May 13, 2015 1:08 pm

CaffeineCollie wrote:I definitely agree that steam would have the potential to add a whole lot of trolls. I also see Amazon providing a wider audience than just the gamers that steam would bring in.

Completely agreed. Amazon is a worldwide company, if you made it eligible for Amazon Prime I think WQ will fare even better on Amazon. With all the wolfaboos out there on Amazon it shouldn't be hard drawing them in. I think this is going to be a big time success! :D

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed May 13, 2015 1:26 pm

As a Canadian, I'm not sure if Amazon sells us games...atleast, not in the way Steam does. It would be a good idea to look at more than one distributor, if you can.

GOG and/or Steam would be fine for me. Humble Bundle is also another good one to try.

There is always the potential for trolls. Anywhere. If the multiplayer phrased chat is implemented, then I really don't see a problem.

Blade248
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Blade248 » Wed May 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Wow, this is exciting! I'm so glad to hear the news. The updates sound epic, and I simply can't wait for the release.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”