New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Post by paperpaws » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:49 pm

Aussiewolflover wrote:Yay so single player will still be an option for both in on the Amthesit mountain and slough creek for the 2.7
Yes, it will. In fact, Amethyst Mountain single player will be available as a free demo. Slough Creek, however, will require purchase. More info on that here.

ovedur

Post by ovedur » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:33 pm

• This is so very exciting to hear about! I'm in the Facebook group, and seeing the previews and such for the update look great. Can't wait for this to come out!

wolverine18
Pup
Pup

Post by wolverine18 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 pm

Will your pups be grown up in the lost river map or will it be like a bonus for slough creek?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:15 pm

wolverine18 wrote:Will your pups be grown up in the lost river map or will it be like a bonus for slough creek?
Your pups Will not grow up its just an extra map. The pups growing up would make it a 3rd episode

YukiShizuko
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by YukiShizuko » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:46 pm

Will this be out this month or next month?

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Yuki wrote:Will this be out this month or next month?
Given Dave's recent update about the release, it will not be coming out in October however it will likely be out in November (though of course everything is subject to how things, such as beta testing, progress). Here is what Dave said about the release;
loboLoco wrote:I had a very nice vacation, thanks for all of your well-wishes. While I was gone, my Unity developer Tommi cranked through a lot of bugs and polishes...while the beta testers found a few more bugs. But now we are almost done with the list. Then we'll do one final (I hope!) build for beta testers and give them a few days with it. Then after making final tweaks/fixes, we'll be ready to prepare the game for release. Unfortunately, that does push the release into next week. Sorry! But we really are close now. I don't know when next week, and even with my hopeless optimism, I'd be foolish to say early in the week. But I don't see anything that would stop us from releasing it by the end of next week.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 0#p2415764

YukiShizuko
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by YukiShizuko » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:49 am

Will we be getting screenshots because my friends and I want to see what the game looks like before we get the game.

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:55 am

Yuki wrote:Will we be getting screenshots because my friends and I want to see what the game looks like before we get the game.
If it helps at all, there are quite a few topics here which showcase screenshots (normal screenshots & bloopers) of the game from the beta testers which can give you some idea of what the game will be like when it's out (in terms of posting more screenshots now, unsure as to whether any new ones will be posted since we're getting close to the release now). Here are links to them;

WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Screenshots
WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Bloopers
WolfQuest 2.7 Beta Bloopers (Part 2)
New version: Pictures and more

Dave also recently released a preview video of the game here, so might be an idea to check that out too! I hope this helps you out. :]

Moon3093
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Moon3093 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Is there a date for the release and i just have missed it or is there not one yet?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Moon3093 wrote:Is there a date for the release and i just have missed it or is there not one yet?
You didn't miss anything; there's no set release date yet. Check out the most recent posts on this thread: the quote SilverHybrid provided three posts above clears it up nicely. Basically, right now it appears likely that the game is going to be released in early November, but you never know if any nasty bugs may still pop up during the (still very much in process) beta-testing.

Don't worry, though; we're definitely getting close now!

IceaPlayzPC
Name: Icea or Emile

Post by IceaPlayzPC » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:58 pm

WAIT HOLD ON!

WQ 2.7 is now coming out on the computer...?

if so I GOTTA SAVEU P MY MONEY BECAUSE I WANT A NEW AND IMPROVED WOLFQUEST! :DDDDD

exciteddddd!

if not im still buying it on my tablet.... once i find it.

cant wait to play it!

Nor-easter Forecast

Post by Nor-easter Forecast » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:15 pm

FlameRisen Daybreak wrote:WAIT HOLD ON!

WQ 2.7 is now coming out on the computer...?

if so I GOTTA SAVEU P MY MONEY BECAUSE I WANT A NEW AND IMPROVED WOLFQUEST! :DDDDD

exciteddddd!

if not im still buying it on my tablet.... once i find it.

cant wait to play it!
Yes, WolfQuest will be available on both tablet and computer.

chelseaw
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by chelseaw » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:41 am

I can't wait!!

Rain0
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Rain0 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:50 pm

I think you should make it even more realistic. New maps, and packs that you can join. Also if you DO join a pack you can fight for ranks. You start out as the omega. Also your pups can grow into adults and your fur changes as you grow old and raise more generations. And other wolves will challenge you to be leader occasionally. New prey too. Mountain lions, bobcats, foxes, ravens, more birds, fish, more rodents, hunters, bison, moose, and snakes. You can fight to be leader of the pack. Please add this too the game.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:30 am

Rain0 wrote:I think you should make it even more realistic. New maps, and packs that you can join. Also if you DO join a pack you can fight for ranks. You start out as the omega. Also your pups can grow into adults and your fur changes as you grow old and raise more generations. And other wolves will challenge you to be leader occasionally. New prey too. Mountain lions, bobcats, foxes, ravens, more birds, fish, more rodents, hunters, bison, moose, and snakes. You can fight to be leader of the pack. Please add this too the game.
What you suggest would require an entirely new episode. If a new episode were to occur, I think it would depend upon the success of 2.7. So let's see how that does, first.

FYI, the concept of ranks is actually unrealistic and not suitable for your typical, wild wolf pack. Please read the thread here (which I have also recently taken the time to update): http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=942

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”