New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Archived news, updates and announcements.
xX_iBallisticNyan_Xx
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: New version: 2.7 for tablet -- and Mac/Windows!

Post by xX_iBallisticNyan_Xx » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:54 pm

Pricing range...? As much as I'm excited I'm also worried that I will have to pay even though i have the free download edition. Also, what about the people on the free multiplayer? They will be devestated if it doesn't work...

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Here is the plan for pricing. In the end, we've decided on different strategies for the tablet vs Mac/Win versions. Both free and paid versions will have all the bugfixes, overhauled animal AI, and hundreds of other tweaks and enhancements.

Mac/Win:
• Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
• Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.

Tablet:
• Free Download: with Amethyst Mountain single-player unlocked, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
• In-App Purchases for Slough Creek, Multiplayer, and customization packs and items, which will be $2-$3 each, with discounts for multi-item packs, and a "buy it all" option for $10.

(We had been planning on the IAP strategy for desktop as well as tablet, but (a) that's just not very common, and not generally a well-liked approach, and because of that, (b) setting up in-game purchases for desktop games, especially with provisions to comply with legal restrictions on under-13 age players' privacy, proved quite complicated.)
Pricing
Multiplayer will not be available on the free versions of 2.7, and as it says on the front post of this thread ("original free version" being 2.5, the current version),
The original free version of the game will remain available, but some or all multiplayer modes will be disabled by then, if not sooner.
Sadly that's just going to be something that 2.5 users will have to deal with. It's unfortunate, but not really avoidable.

IceStorm450
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by IceStorm450 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Wait, so it's out already?!

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:58 pm

Unfortunately not. It is slated to come out very soon though. If I were at a computer I'd get you the link right now. I will edit this to link it.

Edit: http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... y#p2417320

Ash_Wolf_Gaming
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ash_Wolf_Gaming » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:00 am

it didnt get relased when will it be out

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:10 am

Ash_Wolf_Gaming wrote:it didnt get relased when will it be out
The game is estimated to be released next Wednesday, however do remember that this is just an estimation so it may change. Here is a quote from Dave regarding the matter;
loboLoco wrote:We've made good progress over the past week, and our bug list is almost cleared. There are a couple baffling ones left, though, and there are also a few other things that need to be done to get the game ready for release. So I'm afraid all that won't happen by this weekend. But by next Wednesday, say? I'd give pretty good odds on that.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 0#p2417320

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:09 am

Hello, just wondering: what are the requirements for 2.7? The graphics are very much better in 2.7 than 2.5.. What kind of computer can handle WQ 2.7?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:27 am

Rain wrote:Hello, just wondering: what are the requirements for 2.7? The graphics are very much better in 2.7 than 2.5.. What kind of computer can handle WQ 2.7?
Hey, I'm afraid I can't give you exact minimum specifications, but currently, this is the least powerful computer among the beta-testers that is still capable of running 2.7. The program 'Speccy' was used to gather these.
PC (Windows)
Show
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU
Intel Pentium T4300 @ 2.10GHz 76 °C
Penryn 45nm Technology

RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 398MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard
SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD. R519/R719 (U2E1)

Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
Intel Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Samsung)

Storage
298GB Western Digital WDC WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0 (SATA)

Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633C

Audio
High Definition Audio Device
Also, based on my own experience, I can tell you that the Fast graphics settings still allow the game run pretty smoothly if your computer isn't capable of handling better graphics very well. It still looks pretty neat, as well.

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:03 am

Thank you for the quick reply! I'm going to buy a new computer after christmas, so I just want to know what kind of computer can handle WQ smoothly with good, or even beautiful graphics ^^

Ash_Wolf_Gaming
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Ash_Wolf_Gaming » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:45 am

Katserin Kynsi wrote:
Here is the plan for pricing. In the end, we've decided on different strategies for the tablet vs Mac/Win versions. Both free and paid versions will have all the bugfixes, overhauled animal AI, and hundreds of other tweaks and enhancements.

Mac/Win:
• Free Trial: with with Amethyst Mountain single-player, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
• Full Game: The entire game with Amethyst, Slough Creek, and the new Lost River map, Multiplayer, and all customizations for $10. It will be available as a digital download, and you can use credit card or PayPal to purchase it.

Tablet:
• Free Download: with Amethyst Mountain single-player unlocked, original set of wolf coats, and all the new wolf howls.
• In-App Purchases for Slough Creek, Multiplayer, and customization packs and items, which will be $2-$3 each, with discounts for multi-item packs, and a "buy it all" option for $10.

(We had been planning on the IAP strategy for desktop as well as tablet, but (a) that's just not very common, and not generally a well-liked approach, and because of that, (b) setting up in-game purchases for desktop games, especially with provisions to comply with legal restrictions on under-13 age players' privacy, proved quite complicated.)
Pricing
Multiplayer will not be available on the free versions of 2.7, and as it says on the front post of this thread ("original free version" being 2.5, the current version),
The original free version of the game will remain available, but some or all multiplayer modes will be disabled by then, if not sooner.
Sadly that's just going to be something that 2.5 users will have to deal with. It's unfortunate, but not really avoidable.
i downloaded from a diff site so i will still be able to play online XD XD XD

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:54 am

Ash_Wolf_Gaming wrote:i downloaded from a diff site so i will still be able to play online XD XD XD
You won't. You may have downloaded the game from a different site, but your game files should be identical and the multiplayer server used is still the one hosted by WolfQuest. When certain server features are disabled, they will be for you too.

On a side note, I discourage downloading WolfQuest from other websites. There is no point in doing so as downloading from here is completely free, and you never know if other websites' downloads can be trusted.

wild-winter-wolf7
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wild-winter-wolf7 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:40 pm

Hello!
I'm guessing you guys are still working on it, but can you post a date or month when it will approximately be released for the computer? I am very eager, and I check practically every day :mrgreen:
I just want to make sure that its still an ongoing project, since a lot of the forums about it are getting old..

Masika
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month

Post by Masika » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:42 pm

wild-winter-wolf7 wrote:Hello!
I'm guessing you guys are still working on it, but can you post a date or month when it will approximately be released for the computer? I am very eager, and I check practically every day :mrgreen:
I just want to make sure that its still an ongoing project, since a lot of the forums about it are getting old..
The new version is estimated to be released next Wednesday, as stated by Dave here;
loboLoco wrote:We've made good progress over the past week, and our bug list is almost cleared. There are a couple baffling ones left, though, and there are also a few other things that need to be done to get the game ready for release. So I'm afraid all that won't happen by this weekend. But by next Wednesday, say? I'd give pretty good odds on that.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... 0#p2417320

Although as we always say with estimations, do keep in mind that it is just an estimation; therefore it may change but we'll try our best to get it released asap! Otherwise, great to see you excited about the new version! =D

BlueEverest
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by BlueEverest » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:07 pm

wild-winter-wolf7 wrote:Hello!
The date for push back so Thursday or Friday now also very eager and I do check almost every day lol.

Davidlc
Pup
Pup

Post by Davidlc » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Ok, lemme get this straight, it is free to download from app stores, but we buy the complete version in the app right? I just wanted to make sure so...

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”