New Version: Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Re: New Version: Pricing

Post by paperpaws » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:51 pm

That's likely going to depend on the platforms the game will be distributed on, but common accepted means of payment are PayPal and creditcard, for example. :)

MGandalf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Maria

Post by MGandalf » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Curious question Duda....
and if I choose PayPal?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:50 pm

Dj SheepWolf wrote:Curious question Duda....
and if I choose PayPal?
Do you mean to ask how exactly to pay if you choose to use PayPal? You'd need a PayPal account for that, and either add money to your account or link your PayPal to your bank account.

MGandalf
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training
Name: Maria

Post by MGandalf » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:25 am

Anduril wrote:
Dj SheepWolf wrote:Curious question Duda....
and if I choose PayPal?
Do you mean to ask how exactly to pay if you choose to use PayPal? You'd need a PayPal account for that, and either add money to your account or link your PayPal to your bank account.
Okay! Thanks, the price was not yet decided? Have any estimation?

paperpaws
Former WQ Moderator

Post by paperpaws » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:35 am

No worries! :) As stated on the first post-
loboLoco wrote: The game will be free to download, with Amethyst (Episode 1) free to play in single-player mode.

Other episodes, modes, and customizations will be available for purchase:
  • Slough Creek (single-player)
    Multiplayer (Amethyst and Slough Creek)
    New multiplayer map
    Customization packs (wolf fur colors and other cool variations)
Most of those purchases will be $1-$3, though a few very special customizations will likely cost more.

[...]

We haven't decided on specific prices yet, but I expect they'll be in the ranges mentioned above.
So you are correct, the final price hasn't been decided yet. Estimating the total price of the game would entirely depend on what you choose to add to your game, for instance, if you only purchase Slough Creek and one customisation pack you'd probably end up paying up to $6, while if you end up adding everything available to your game the total would be quite a bit higher. Luckily, playing the revamped Amethyst Mountain won't cost you anything! :)

WolfieTheWarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WolfieTheWarrior » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

The current fur colors being used to get money?
I'm not so sure if i like that idea.
While i agree some money must be spent, I don't think the fur colors are the way to do it.
I believe you should be able to have all the fur colors we already have for free.
But perhaps a special albino coat for your wolf could come with a "Full Version"
Also, maybe a few scars to decorate your little Wolf's pelt that could come with the full version?

You should have a free demo consisting of the first episode, with no in-app purchases.
The full version should be roughly 5-10 dollars.
In app purchases are annoying for me and many others, so it should just e two separate apps. One Demo App that is COMPLETELY FREE.
And one Full Version App that costs cash, but has everything that the game should. Meaning no in app purchases.
(The same thing goes for the new computer version if you're planning on charging for that too).

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, its like MineCraft Pocket Edition.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:17 pm

WolfieTheWarrior wrote:The current fur colors being used to get money?
While i agree some money must be spent, I don't think the fur colors are the way to do it.
I believe you should be able to have all the fur colors we already have for free.
But perhaps a special albino coat for your wolf could come with a "Full Version"
Also, maybe a few scars to decorate your little Wolf's pelt that could come with the full version?

You should have a free demo consisting of the first episode, with no in-app purchases.
In app purchases are annoying for me and many others, so it should just e two separate apps. One Demo App that is COMPLETELY FREE.
And one Full Version App that costs cash, but has everything that the game should. Meaning no in app purchases.
(The same thing goes for the new computer version if you're planning on charging for that too).

If you don't understand what I'm talking about, its like MineCraft Pocket Edition.
There will be a free demo that has Amethyst Mountain already in it (and I'm assuming the better AI as well). You would just have to pay for Slough Creek, the new pelts, the new map, maybe multiplayer...

They have to make money somehow. I'm all for the in-app purchases - in my (admittedly limited) experience people are more inclined to spend money to expand on an app they already like (try and buy) than to 'cold' buy an app and hope it is good. As long as there are no annoying ads or 'reminders' or pop-ups that tell you to get 'x', 'y', and 'z' for the full experience...I'm all for it.

WolfieTheWarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WolfieTheWarrior » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:37 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:

There will be a free demo that has Amethyst Mountain already in it (and I'm assuming the better AI as well). You would just have to pay for Slough Creek, the new pelts, the new map, maybe multiplayer...

They have to make money somehow. I'm all for the in-app purchases - in my (admittedly limited) experience people are more inclined to spend money to expand on an app they already like (try and buy) than to 'cold' buy an app and hope it is good. As long as there are no annoying ads or 'reminders' or pop-ups that tell you to get 'x', 'y', and 'z' for the full experience...I'm all for it.

I don't think you understand.
A demo is where you get to try out the game. The full version adds in anything that would be an in app purchase.
Demo is free. Full costs cash.
Demo you don't get the whole game, just maybe the first episode.
Full version contains everything.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:53 pm

WolfieTheWarrior wrote:
SolitaryHowl wrote:

A demo is where you get to try out the game. The full version adds in anything that would be an in app purchase.
Full version contains everything.

I understand perfectly. The Demo version is free, and will only have the first episode (no mulitplayer?). In order to get the 'full' version, there are in-app purchases you can buy that will get you all the upgrades of the 'full' version. There won't be 2 separate apps.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:12 am

SolitaryHowl wrote:[The Demo version is free, and will only have the first episode (no mulitplayer?). In order to get the 'full' version, there are in-app purchases you can buy that will get you all the upgrades of the 'full' version. There won't be 2 separate apps.
That's correct. Not sure what the best term is (Demo? Free Trial?). The Amethyst level will be free, with all the gameplay and AI improvements and the original set of wolf coats. Then you can purchase MP, Slough Creek, the new map, and various wolf customizations from within that game. (No need to download the game again.) There will also be discounted combo packs (all levels and modes; all coats; all body mods; and all customizations) that are cheaper than the cost of all the individual items.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:48 am

I assume the added features for the 2.7 game can be bought at WolfQuest's store, on the left side of the page?

WolfieTheWarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by WolfieTheWarrior » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:28 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:The current fur colors being used to get money?

They have to make money somehow. I'm all for the in-app purchases - in my (admittedly limited) experience people are more inclined to spend money to expand on an app they already like (try and buy) than to 'cold' buy an app and hope it is good. As long as there are no annoying ads or 'reminders' or pop-ups that tell you to get 'x', 'y', and 'z' for the full experience...I'm all for it.[/quote]

Full version contains everything.[/quote]

I understand perfectly. The Demo version is free, and will only have the first episode (no mulitplayer?). In order to get the 'full' version, there are in-app purchases you can buy that will get you all the upgrades of the 'full' version. There won't be 2 separate apps.[/quote]

You don't understand what I am saying perfectly, which you practically stated above.
MY Suggestion was for a DEMO and A FULL VERSION . TWO Apps.
Do you own the game or something? Your acting like what you say is fact.
Please don't "disprove" my suggestion.
How do you know there won't be two apps?
I'm just suggesting the best possible way.
I'm not trying to sound angry or hostile, only trying to get my point across. Thank you.

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Please make sure to treat other users politely and with respect. Replying to them rudely will not get anyone anywhere.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:55 pm

Semper Solus wrote:I assume the added features for the 2.7 game can be bought at WolfQuest's store, on the left side of the page?
I believe they will be available through the game itself, in a literal in-game/in-app store. ^^

Jeames
Name: Jeames, Jea

Post by Jeames » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:33 am

Neamara wrote:
Semper Solus wrote:I assume the added features for the 2.7 game can be bought at WolfQuest's store, on the left side of the page?
I believe they will be available through the game itself, in a literal in-game/in-app store. ^^
Oh okay, thanks. Though I'm not sure where I would be able to find that. xD
But I guess I will find out once it's released. ^^''

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”