New Version: Pricing

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Re: New Version: Pricing

Post by Koa » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:36 pm

Soaring Owl wrote:I think in app purchases are a good idea. c:
Will this topic be updated with the prices when the app is nearly finished or is the FAQ going to be edited?

I would think that the FAQ will serve as the most up-to-date source of information, given its purpose. These threads mainly gauge the opinion of the community and contain some information; when the tablet version is released, it would make sense that the FAQ would be updated instead of these individual threads.

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:56 pm

I hope the fur colors remain free, though the FAQ suggests otherwise.

Taking away a feature for free and making it cost money is really annoying. If you must do that with fur color, I hope it's really, really cheap.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:48 pm

The original fur colors will remain free. New colors will be in-app purchase.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

duskypack
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: “Dusk”

Post by duskypack » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:52 pm

Awesome! That's really exciting, new fur colors and free current ones! I'm even more excited!

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:05 pm

loboLoco wrote:The original fur colors will remain free. New colors will be in-app purchase.
And how much would that be?

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:20 pm

loboLoco wrote:We've got a rough plan for pricing. Specifics may change, but I expect the general outline to remain the same:

-snip-
Customization packs (wolf fur colors and other cool variations)[/list]

Most of those purchases will be $1-$3, though a few very special customizations will likely cost more.

-snip-

We haven't decided on specific prices yet, but I expect they'll be in the ranges mentioned above.
I believe this tells you estimates, and that the prices are still being discussed and debated.

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:22 pm

CaffeineCollie wrote:
loboLoco wrote:We've got a rough plan for pricing. Specifics may change, but I expect the general outline to remain the same:

-snip-
Customization packs (wolf fur colors and other cool variations)[/list]

Most of those purchases will be $1-$3, though a few very special customizations will likely cost more.

-snip-

We haven't decided on specific prices yet, b8ut I expect they'll be in the ranges mentioned above.
I believe this tells you estimates, and that the prices are still being discussed and debated.
Ah, okay. Thank you.

PeltOfAsh
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Ash

Post by PeltOfAsh » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:23 pm

No problem! ^^

I forgot to say that I found that on the front page of this thread.

Rain
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Rain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 am

This is great news! I thought WQ was dead. After all these years is nice to see WQ is getting back on its feet. Though I don't think I would buy it. Well, maybe mostly because I don't have Windows on my computer any more. And I really don't play

If WolfQuest was available for PS3 and PS4, I would definitely buy it! Maybe 20€ for the whole game? 25€? I wish that it would be possible to have WQ for PS3 as well! Hopefully someday in the future..

Nordue

Post by Nordue » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:40 pm

Rain wrote:If WolfQuest was available for PS3 and PS4, I would definitely buy it! Maybe 20€ for the whole game? 25€? I wish that it would be possible to have WQ for PS3 as well! Hopefully someday in the future..
  • I suppose it's not impossible, but...!
WQ Coordinator wrote:WolfQuest is only currently available as a computer game, and at this time, we have no plans (or funding) to expand it to another game system.

WolfQuest is too large a game (models, textures, etc.) to run on an iPod, Nintendo DS, or similar small-game system. A game system like the Nintendo Wii, for example, would potentially be able to play the game, but it would require a significant amount of funding just to be accepted as an official Nintendo developer, afterwhich more funding and time would be required to develop the game as a Nintendo/Sega/etc. game. But it sure would be fun!

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Wed May 20, 2015 10:53 pm

Pardon if someone else has said this already--

I would say you should be able to get a "Deluxe Version" as an option, for maybe $1.99, which includes most or all of the upgrades. Also, bundling some of them would be a useful idea--many people, or at least I, don't want to buy 5 different addons. For example, bundling the Multiplayer and new map.

Skylar WildWolf
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Skylar WildWolf » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:35 am

I'm so sad..how I can buy? Im from Brazil.

Neamara
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Neamara » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:05 pm

Skylar WildWolf wrote:I'm so sad..how I can buy? Im from Brazil.
2.7 is still in development and is not yet available for download/purchase. Keep your eyes peeled on the contents of this forum, the official WQ social media and the website's front page, as these are all good places to find news and updates regarding the upcoming version. :) A newsletter may also be dispatched before, on or after the updated version has been released.

Kouga
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Kouga » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:02 pm

Am I the only one who sees the WolfQuest as we knew it disappear? Paying for the game is one thing, but
having to pay for more than half the content isn't a good idea in my opinion.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Kouga wrote:Am I the only one who sees the WolfQuest as we knew it disappear? Paying for the game is one thing, but
having to pay for more than half the content isn't a good idea in my opinion.
Unfortunately, the "WolfQuest as we knew it" couldn't remain that way thanks to the change of hands (Minnesota Zoo stepping down) and lack of funding for the project. The current team is doing their best to keep the project alive while being practical at the same time. If the project is to continue, this is the only way it will. Believe me, I'd like to see the project remain free entirely (I advocated against paying for anything for this project about two years ago), but the current version will be kept free and there's no reasonable way for them to continue production with the updated version if they did the same. If no one wants to upgrade, they can stick with that version. If they want the updated one, they'll have to pay somehow.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”