New version: Journey mission

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Noella
Name: Noella

Re: New version: Journey mission

Post by Noella » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:32 pm

WolfBlood02 wrote:How about pups can run? When they are of that age they can, sometimes when they walk and bounce they look kind of derpy. :? Also another idea is that pups can actually eat from carcasses during the journey if you place them by one.
I agree. When I played, the pups simply walked and it took ages to get anywhere before having to feed them. :/

I like Neamara's idea on random events though. Predator or pup interactions? Rogue wolf interactions? That sort of thing other than bears, coyotes and birds.

I would thing that to improve the mission, maybe the wolves came close to human interaction? It's a wolf game, but would be an interesting twist in the challenges a wolf in the wild could face. Just a thought...I don't think that really happens, but it could? Implanting radio collars and such as customizations in the last topic could maybe improve by the possibility of preventing your pack from going into human hands and getting tagged? IDK.

Spookykitty
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Spookykitty » Wed May 20, 2015 11:06 pm

duskypack wrote:Me three! Journey events would be great! But what about one pup? Perhaps a pup could squirm out of your mouth.
Squirming out of your mouth sounds cool, but you've got a firm teeth grip on their scruff, right?

Also, I want to eat eagles. Revenge for taking my puppy Junior that one time (I got him back though). I'd like a way to kill eagles even if they keep coming. It feels unrealistic to have the SAME EAGLE come back after being chased off 10 times--wouldn't it get the clue?

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling
Name: Alicia

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu May 21, 2015 4:35 am

lilly_flower wrote:
duskypack wrote:Me three! Journey events would be great! But what about one pup? Perhaps a pup could squirm out of your mouth.
Squirming out of your mouth sounds cool, but you've got a firm teeth grip on their scruff, right?

Also, I want to eat eagles. Revenge for taking my puppy Junior that one time (I got him back though). I'd like a way to kill eagles even if they keep coming. It feels unrealistic to have the SAME EAGLE come back after being chased off 10 times--wouldn't it get the clue?

Agreed, the eagles should be edible, free food and no eagle!

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri May 22, 2015 8:15 pm

The idea of being able to kill eagles in-game was suggested quite a few times on the original "Ideas for new episodes" thread. The possibility of a wolf easily killing a golden eagle is unlikely, and I'd think, as a game element, this unlikeliness of ease would make it a little unrealistic to be included in the context of gameplay. But, I guess, with size in mind and location, the potential of that could vary. In the context of the current game, the golden eagle is only large enough to go after your pups and will not go after adult wolves (http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... e#p1271349).
For your reference, this is a rather old thread, but the information it holds provides additional information in a broader, non-game context with regards to golden eagles killing adult wolves.
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.p ... s#p1456441

IceStorm450
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by IceStorm450 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:02 pm

Thank the creators that the mate AI will be better, I hope now it doesn't get stuck behind trees and run off randomly. Thank you so much for improving this game. :D

SilkenGalaxy
Name: Alex

Post by SilkenGalaxy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:20 pm

It would be interesting if the pups, or your mate (maybe even your wolf?) has the chance of getting sick, kinda under the whole idea of more random journey events, and once a wolf becomes sick, they move slower and then the journey will automatically become more difficult. Just a suggestion...

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:00 am

CakeWolfy wrote:It would be interesting if the pups, or your mate (maybe even your wolf?) has the chance of getting sick, kinda under the whole idea of more random journey events, and once a wolf becomes sick, they move slower and then the journey will automatically become more difficult. Just a suggestion...

I second that idea, it makes the journey realistic.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:23 pm

Celestial-Howl wrote:
CakeWolfy wrote:It would be interesting if the pups, or your mate (maybe even your wolf?) has the chance of getting sick, kinda under the whole idea of more random journey events, and once a wolf becomes sick, they move slower and then the journey will automatically become more difficult. Just a suggestion...

I second that idea, it makes the journey realistic.
I know illnesses in general have been suggested in the past. If that were to be added, I'd like to see it have more of a chance occuring at a higher difficulty level.

MimpiDreams
Pup
Pup

Post by MimpiDreams » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:37 am

Thanks for the two pups.It's too hard for me to finish with four pups and the eagle :|
Last edited by MimpiDreams on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:31 pm

That sounds like a cool idea! It would seem a bit hard to add, but I otherwise am with you!

Celestial-Howl
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Celestial-Howl » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:35 am

mimpi1000game wrote:Me too!I want to delete that eagle from Wolf Quest!It is too hard to finish the game with the eagle!!!

That would make the game less fun, maybe just eagle carcasses in game?

Latra

Post by Latra » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:31 pm

I've got to agree with Neamara's idea for the random events. Also about the amount of time you can carry your pup, maybe it could correspond with your wolf's strength and stamina? For example if it's stronger it can carry it on lower stamina without dropping it until a certain low stamina. As the stamina decreases you first begin dropping the pup between long intervals, (say you can't restore stamina while carrying the pup?) and as your stamina decreases you drop it more with shorter intervals between. And once your stamina hits a certain low (which would be lower for a higher strength) you wouldn't be able to pick the pup up until it is restored. And maybe putting a wolf's territory more into the center of the map and not just on edges? I personally think the eagles are fine... The wolves' getting sick was a good idea CakeWolfy! Maybe the carcasses can naturally decay and if you eat an older and more decayed carcass your health bar (which would be a cool idea and help you tell the health of your pack) would decrease. And maybe there could be something on the map that would sharply increase health? And maybe slowly increasing can be accomplished from keeping full on fresh (undecayed) carcasses... Oh and I think it's cool if the health corresponds with your stamina, strength, and speed, which would also affect you ability to carry pups. And maybe with having a lower health attacks from predators will be more effective and if you're sick the predators are more willing to approach and swipe your pups. I think I made this a little too complex... (this would be wa~y too much to add, I know but I'm just saying it would be cool)

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:50 pm

I was wondering if it would make it more difficult if there were wolves from other packs occasionally to try to fight you or kill your pups on the last mission since wolf territory skirmishes and 'wars' do happen occasionally. you and your mate would have to "fight and chase away" the one to two wolves like you would do for a bear or coyotes or once they initiate a social circle you would have to chase them away or kill them. Plus it would be kind of neat to interact with the wolves outside of the 'social circle' I'm not sure if this would be beneficiary at all considering how much coding this aspect might need.

Kelvin
Pup
Pup

Post by Kelvin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Too bad those A.I. improvements Dave mentioned won't be applied to 2.5- or will they? Making the single-player game a bit easier would definitely entice me to play WolfQuest more often.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:09 pm

Maddiejane wrote:I was wondering if it would make it more difficult if there were wolves from other packs occasionally to try to fight you or kill your pups on the last mission since wolf territory skirmishes and 'wars' do happen occasionally. you and your mate would have to "fight and chase away" the one to two wolves like you would do for a bear or coyotes or once they initiate a social circle you would have to chase them away or kill them. Plus it would be kind of neat to interact with the wolves outside of the 'social circle' I'm not sure if this would be beneficiary at all considering how much coding this aspect might need.
While wolves are territorial and would behave territorially, I'd imagine that full-scale "intrusions" and the like would be rare; fights would waste valuable energy needed for survival.
Kelvin wrote:Too bad those A.I. improvements Dave mentioned won't be applied to 2.5- or will they? Making the single-player game a bit easier would definitely entice me to play WolfQuest more often.
2) The original version of the game (v2.5) will remain available as a free download, for those unable to pay for the new version, but it will not be updated--and we will shut down lexicon chat in multiplayer as we roll out version 2.7.
http://wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f ... 5#p2268466

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”