New version: Journey mission

Archived news, updates and announcements.
WolfieTheWarrior
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: New version: Journey mission

Post by WolfieTheWarrior » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:46 pm

We need to be able to attack the hawk/eagle...(I'll just call it a hawk for now...).
Its insanely hard to drive it away, since it impossible to deal a inch of damage to the darn monster!
But as if making it more difficult, perhaps Coyote AI could be improved a teensy bit?
I mean, they sometimes don't even make an effort to attack perfectly vulnerable pups!
Also...something that bothers me about the Coyotes: They are incredibly faster than hares. Or perhaps the hares are just super slow.
But I believe the coyotes are just really fast, but in real life so are hares. In the game I can chase them down in only a few seconds while coyotes can take 30 seconds to two minutes.

Bear AI could be improved, they sooo much stamina. In real life bears, are very fast, but these things NEVER get tired. I mean, maybe make them slow down a teeny bit over time? Also, mates are insanely fast. I mean they can ALWAYS run faster than your own wolf, and when your trying to focus on a realistic game and life of a wolf, a super-speed mate running past the screen is a tad distracting. Also, being as crazily fast as they are, they can easily get twice as many pups faster, making them less vulnerable to predators, thus making the journey potentially easier.

Hope this helps.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 pm

And hares should zig-zag in an effort to avoid you. In a predator-prey pursuit, I have never seen a hare run in a straight line...but this is just me nit-picking.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Will roaming wolves also appear in amethyst mountain as a tweak in encounters? as it was hinted that they would be a challenge in the journey mission for slough creek? and in the computer version of single player will the forests be denser or will they be thinned out like on the i pad version?

Nere
Hunter-in-training
Hunter-in-training

Post by Nere » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Celestial-Howl wrote:How about pups can run? When they are of that age they can, sometimes when they walk and bounce they look kind of derpy. :? Also another idea is that pups can actually eat from carcasses during the journey if you place them by one.
I like that idea a LOT. It's gets so frustrating when you are trying to feed one pup, two are bouncing around the carcass, and one is off about to be grabbed by the eagle. It would help and still be realistic if the pups could eat by themselves if you place them next to the carcass.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:07 pm

SinnedAshes wrote:
Celestial-Howl wrote:How about pups can run? When they are of that age they can, sometimes when they walk and bounce they look kind of derpy. :? Also another idea is that pups can actually eat from carcasses during the journey if you place them by one.
I like that idea a LOT. It's gets so frustrating when you are trying to feed one pup, two are bouncing around the carcass, and one is off about to be grabbed by the eagle. It would help and still be realistic if the pups could eat by themselves if you place them next to the carcass.
Actually, I don't think it will be realistic. At that young age, they cannot tear meat from carcasses yet...so that's why the meat is regurgitated for them.

huntress0123
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by huntress0123 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:36 pm

I like the idea for pups running but the carcasses would be to tough for them to eat. I also think that you and your mate should have to stop carrying your pups after you take them a certain distance like wolfwhisp said. I think its good that their updating this mission it needs the work.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:20 pm

would it ever be considered too for a future game on having different rendezvous points depending on which den you choose and which difficulty level you're on?

roguemoon
Yearling
Yearling

Post by roguemoon » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Wolvencall wrote:would it ever be considered too for a future game on having different rendezvous points depending on which den you choose and which difficulty level you're on?
I think that's a great idea. I know the dens in Upland Meadows and in the Cliffs are picked less because they're farther from the rendezvous points, and you are required to either cross the river at the deep points or travel farther for the shallow crossing. Perhaps in lower difficulty levels the rendezvous point would be closer to your chosen den (or perhaps even two or three in different locations, but again closer to your den) but in higher difficulty levels there would only be one (maybe two) and they would be quite a distance from whatever den you chose?
Of course I'm saying this with the understanding that 2.7 is near completion, and therefore if this feature hasn't already been implemented then it probably won't be. I would imagine it would take an awful lot of work to implement too. But it's a neat idea for future episodes!

Kuzan
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf
Location: You'll never find me!!! (Georgia) You'll never know where!!! >:D

Post by Kuzan » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:12 pm

Perhaps an example of some random events may be a forest fire, or allowing for more human interaction in game? I noticed the fires don't really cause any damage and generally stay in one tree until raining stops. Forest fires and hunters could provide some extra challenges. Just a thought.

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Kuzan wrote:Perhaps an example of some random events may be a forest fire, or allowing for more human interaction in game? I noticed the fires don't really cause any damage and generally stay in one tree until raining stops. Forest fires and hunters could provide some extra challenges. Just a thought.
Hunters probably would not be realistic in the context of the game, given that Yellowstone is a national park.

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:26 am

About the pup eating from carcasses.. Hmm, maybe they can only eat it if the tough hide was chewed away first by an adult?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:57 am

Snow130 wrote:About the pup eating from carcasses.. Hmm, maybe they can only eat it if the tough hide was chewed away first by an adult?
In this period of the pups life it's still much harder for them to tear and rip at the carcass due to small milk teeth I think. Correct me if I'm wrong but they won't start eating solid meat until 16-26 weeks of age but they begin hunting at 7-8 month of age after they get to the rendezvous point at around 5-8 weeks of age. They still have a ways to go

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:39 am

The journey mission is pretty close to that many weeks right? Maybe if it's not too late or next version there can be a chance that during the mission there is a chance that a couple to all pups could start eating solid? What's your opinion?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:10 am

Nah still technically too young to start eating solid meat.

AmberZeWolf
Yearling
Yearling

Post by AmberZeWolf » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:20 am

Ah, I got ya now. Ya it is technically almost summer, but not quite yet. So now I realise I kinda was wrong.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”