New version: Journey mission

Archived news, updates and announcements.
Cackle
Pup
Pup
Name: Whiffler

Re: New version: Journey mission

Post by Cackle » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:07 pm

In the new 2.7 will the pups actually run away from threats, like coyotes and eagles? It would be more realistic if they did, instead of just walking around like nothing wrong was happening.

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:39 pm

Autumnfire wrote:In the new 2.7 will the pups actually run away from threats, like coyotes and eagles? It would be more realistic if they did, instead of just walking around like nothing wrong was happening.
I don't think puppies would know IRL that they are a threat? Because they're babies and haven't had any real-world experience.

Or it might just be instinctual.

But to answer your question...I don't think so. But I'll ask Dave.

Cackle
Pup
Pup
Name: Whiffler

Post by Cackle » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:18 am

I'm pretty sure they do, if they're old enough. Thanks. :)

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:52 pm

I would think they would. If you've been defending them from all these predators, the pups should be able to know that they are a threat. Also, most babies don't like strangers. I know young ones have curiosity, but not every one is bold enough to try.

With that note, I think it would be cool to add that to pups. Some are bold and may approach enemies, while some are a little timid and would run for cover.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Actually young wolves are quite interested by strangers and thus that's how some line males get mates by meeting the younger pups nearing 2 years and leading them away one instance of this I believe is Casanova. I'll try to find what page I read it on when I get home

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Strangers as in stranger wolves? I wasn't talking about stranger wolves. I was talking about predators such as a bear or coyote.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Well coyotes and bears are a l9t quicker so it wouldn't be of much use

Kitsuma
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Kitsuma » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:42 pm

Perhaps, but in real life, one would still try to do everything in their power to survive. Most don't just lay down and die.

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf

Post by Wolvencall » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:52 pm

Wiggle maybe or snap at most. at thise pups age they could be killed very quickly and couldn't do much they're only about 8-12 weeks old I believe

alexterri2
Pup
Pup

Post by alexterri2 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:06 pm

Suggestions:

Could the eagle not be there for the entire stinking game, please? That has always bugged me

Make the mates less dummb?

Maybe als have the pups not react to the predators like their not even there? I'm pretty sure puppies I'm real life don't just sit there when a coyote is about to eat it.

Also. This is a question that doesn't entirely relate to the journey, but I want to know: is the game going to have the pups actually be the parent's colours, or wil they all be dark brown like it is now?

SolitaryHowl
Skilled Hunter
Skilled Hunter

Post by SolitaryHowl » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:23 pm

alexterri2 wrote:Suggestions:

Could the eagle not be there for the entire stinking game, please? That has always bugged me

Maybe als have the pups not react to the predators like their not even there? I'm pretty sure puppies I'm real life don't just sit there when a coyote is about to eat it.

Also. This is a question that doesn't entirely relate to the journey, but I want to know: is the game going to have the pups actually be the parent's colours, or wil they all be dark brown like it is now?
1. That shouldn't be a problem anymore.

2. Same as above.

3. That's not realistic though...wolf pups that young wouldn't be able to react very well to danger. They can't move very fast at that age.

4. Yes, the pup coat colours have been fixed.

alexterri2
Pup
Pup

Post by alexterri2 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:50 pm

SolitaryHowl wrote:
alexterri2 wrote:Suggestions:

1. That shouldn't be a problem anymore.

2. Same as above.

3. That's not realistic though...wolf pups that young wouldn't be able to react very well to danger. They can't move very fast at that age.

4. Yes, the pup coat colours have been fixed.

1. Okay

2. Okay

3. Yeah, I guess you're right/... but still, wouldn't they at least notice it or something?

4. That's good!

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”