New version: game ending

Archived news, updates and announcements.
[tahreema imtiaz]
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Re: New version: game ending

Post by [tahreema imtiaz] » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:44 am

we don't really want the ending SO SOON. So kindly MAKE THE GAME A BIT LONGER BY SHOWING THAT THE PUPS ARE ADULTS THEY CAN HUNT WITH YOU. AND AT THE END WHEN THEY ARE LEAVING THEN THE GAME SHOULD END

valkea
Former User of the Month
Former User of the Month
Name: Rowan

Post by valkea » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm

[tahreema imtiaz] wrote:we don't really want the ending SO SOON. So kindly MAKE THE GAME A BIT LONGER BY SHOWING THAT THE PUPS ARE ADULTS THEY CAN HUNT WITH YOU. AND AT THE END WHEN THEY ARE LEAVING THEN THE GAME SHOULD END
Please watch your usage of caps, as excessive (as in, most or all of your message) caps is considered spam.

calxmity
WQ Report Team Retiree
WQ Report Team Retiree

Post by calxmity » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:02 pm

[tahreema imtiaz] wrote:we don't really want the ending SO SOON. So kindly MAKE THE GAME A BIT LONGER BY SHOWING THAT THE PUPS ARE ADULTS THEY CAN HUNT WITH YOU. AND AT THE END WHEN THEY ARE LEAVING THEN THE GAME SHOULD END
I'm pretty sure that this wont happen. Especially because this is for tablet version; and only so much can go on an app before it's too much and crashes. I'm almost positive I've read somewhere that they couldn't do this for the PC version because it would have taken up too much space, but I could be wrong.

RoarOriole

Post by RoarOriole » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:19 am

Have a potentially quick "Settling In" mission where the player must feed the pups one last time and then manually howl to prompt the game's ending.

The pups would become "locked" or would "stay put" at the summer location while the player gets food if they need it and then the instructions could be phrased like "you have made it to the summer home! let out a howl with your family to celebrate. or, you can not and continue to care for the pups until you feel they are comfortable and safe within the new living space".

Having something like this could perhaps open up to something similar to what happens in Amethyst Mountain, where you can manually choose to go to Slough Creek or stay and continue playing with your mate in the first episode location for as long as you want, and give the player the ability to prolong the experience of their game. If players do this, the summer home would basically become the "den" and they can continue caring for the pups and protecting them like they did at the den, but at a different location.

If that's out of reach, having the camera rotate around the pack as it howls instead of looking up at the sky, and then having the pack kinda wander around the small area a bit with the camera panning from several angles and maybe a playbow or something could be enough.

wolf_sa
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by wolf_sa » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Shusuke wrote:The pups would become "locked" or would "stay put" at the summer location while the player gets food if they need it and then the instructions could be phrased like "you have made it to the summer home! let out a howl with your family to celebrate. or, you can not and continue to care for the pups until you feel they are comfortable and safe within the new living space".
Adding to this...
Maybe when you reach the site and drop a pup, it stays there while you get the other? I've experienced problems with pups running all over the show while I fetched the others...

also really like the idea of watching your pups grow up

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:32 pm

I hate to see how this would end. I remember I would have my wolf hold the pup in her mouth, and then the eagle would come down and scoop the pup of from my mouth and into mid air. Now, where do you see that in nature channels? Plus it would have to be the most stupidest. I don't even know why we have a eagle in the game; it makes no sense. Not only, the eagle should know there's no way to scoop a pup since the parents are on guard. ugh, I would hate to see that in the tablet.

Hopefully this changes.

loboLoco
WolfQuest Team Member
WolfQuest Team Member

Post by loboLoco » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:52 am

The ending works much better now, in terms of getting yourself and your mate and your pups to the rendezvous site.

I hadn't heard that the eagle could take a pup right out of your mouth....but I don't think that happens now with our overhauled AI code.
Dave/loboLoco
WolfQuest Game Producer

Vendette
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by Vendette » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:53 pm

duskypack wrote:What about a montage, cut-scene thingy showing your pups playing in the Rendzevous Site, hunting, hunting with the pack, howling and it could end at adulthood. It wouldn't be playable, but it would be nice to watch. At the end of that co-op mode could be accessible... A crazy idea, but it would be really cool. The only thing I can think of similar it that is predator cam, or more rightly, the family howl at the end where you can't move.

Those ideas don't exactly sound what you seem to be looking for, but it will certainly be enjoyed if it happened! You might get less or more asking to play on the montage, so I think co-op mode being unlocked would be good after that.
I agree with this, it doesn't have to be to detailed, it would be just very nice to watch! To know you accomplished that in the game, and who doesn't like little puppies playing?

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:19 am

loboLoco wrote:The ending works much better now, in terms of getting yourself and your mate and your pups to the rendezvous site.

I hadn't heard that the eagle could take a pup right out of your mouth....but I don't think that happens now with our overhauled AI code.
Believe it or not, it did. The eagle (or hawk) flew down and grabbed down my pup.

But then again, glad to see this changing.

D0m
Name: Dominik

Post by D0m » Sun May 10, 2015 3:24 am

Ironic wrote:
loboLoco wrote:The ending works much better now, in terms of getting yourself and your mate and your pups to the rendezvous site.

Believe it or not, it did. The eagle (or hawk) flew down and grabbed down my pup.

But then again, glad to see this changing.
That happened to me a couple times too but now I just stand next to all my pups and jump on him before he gets them, maybe at the end you could make the enemy territory slightly smaller? Not sure if its possible but its because sometimes I accidently walk into the territory and have to try get my pups back in again and again. Just a suggestion :)

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Sun May 10, 2015 10:27 am

This reminds me. Whenever I try to catch the prey from hurting my pups, the screen would immediately freeze and resume with a dead pup. That isn't fair.
Avvie Made Lupin S DeCanis

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Sun May 10, 2015 10:43 am

Be sure to talk about any bugs/glitches that need to be fixed on this thread:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=74870

Ironic
Pup
Pup

Post by Ironic » Sun May 10, 2015 10:45 am

Koa wrote:Be sure to talk about any bugs/glitches that need to be fixed on this thread:
http://www.wolfquest.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=74870
I know. I'm just saying this because so it won't happen in this game
Avvie Made Lupin S DeCanis

HazelSky
Newborn Wolf
Newborn Wolf

Post by HazelSky » Sat May 16, 2015 10:29 pm

I agree with dustypack about the montage and cut-scene thingy and I think there should be a family tree where you can play as your surviving pups/pup(as an adult)to find a mate and restart the whole circle of life again.(Copied this idea in Shelter 2 where you play as a mother lynx.)

P.S. Sorry creators of Shelter 2, didn't mean to copy your idea of the game. Remember this is only a suggestion, it might not be included in the game.

Whitetigress55
Pup
Pup

Post by Whitetigress55 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:19 pm

Shusuke wrote:Have a potentially quick "Settling In" mission where the player must feed the pups one last time and then manually howl to prompt the game's ending.
What a great idea! I was thinking that too! I wanted to sit or lay down when the game ended so that it looked good for the cut scene, but first I had to carry the last pup into the space, so it didn't end when I wanted it too. I wish that the game would end with a howl in the rendezvous site. Then the camera would move farther and farther away from the ground until all you saw was a background to perhaps put credits on, and like somebody else suggested, with the theme song.
The only issue that I'm afraid would happen is lag since some people might decide to never howl...

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”