New version: game ending

Archived news, updates and announcements.
wolfadore
Pup
Pup

Re: New version: game ending

Post by wolfadore » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:34 pm

loboLoco wrote:I think I've come up with an improvement: What makes the ending unsatisfying is (a) It happens so abruptly, and (b) It can be tricky to get everyone into the "zone" -- and it's not 100% clear where exactly the "zone" is. By making this last task more game-like, I think we can address both issues.

1) Show the rendezvous zone somehow (big circle on the ground).
2) Display a counter indicating who is in the zone, and who isn't, so getting your mate and pups to come into the zone is a more obvious challenge, and you get a better sense of progress toward that goal, and it builds up to the payoff -- the howling and camera zoom-up.

Thoughts?
I like that idea along with dusky's. Maybe you could do a medium with it?

Wolvencall
Sub-adult Wolf
Sub-adult Wolf
Name: Maddie

Post by Wolvencall » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:38 pm

wolfadore wrote:
loboLoco wrote:I think I've come up with an improvement: What makes the ending unsatisfying is (a) It happens so abruptly, and (b) It can be tricky to get everyone into the "zone" -- and it's not 100% clear where exactly the "zone" is. By making this last task more game-like, I think we can address both issues.

1) Show the rendezvous zone somehow (big circle on the ground).
2) Display a counter indicating who is in the zone, and who isn't, so getting your mate and pups to come into the zone is a more obvious challenge, and you get a better sense of progress toward that goal, and it builds up to the payoff -- the howling and camera zoom-up.

Thoughts?
I like that idea along with dusky's. Maybe you could do a medium with it?
Well find out what happens when the game comes out, as of right now, its a little late for any changes to be made as they seem to be arriving to the final stages of bug fixing and hopefully, dont get your hopes up just yet, will be releasing it Wednesday.
xLizx wrote:I truly love Dave's idea of making the den site more obvious without obstructing the reality of... well - reality lol

A land marking such as a den or a group of collective flowers upon approaching the site would help indeed.
I would like to see the den from a slight distance to head towards without having to dash between the map and gameplay and so on until I get lucky and get that abrupt camera pan... And then my mate and pups float away into the sky and a bird snatches my pup in mid-air ( ._.)

And a counter would help out lots. :) Seriously.

Ooh, and a tiny suggestion... When the counter fills up, you hear a tiny tone or note or chord to confirm that the quest has finished, then it fades to black. Within a second, you see the camera pan with your pack howling and the menu appears and all dat owo

Hope my ideas are okay contributations >w<
It seems in one of the bloopers that there is a counter and a chime but thats all it gives away i believe.
Also concerning a den at the rendezvous point:
By the time wolf pups are brought to the rendezvous site they would be too big and rowdy to all fit in a den with their mother, they only live in an actual den for a few weeks as they grow so quickly, and the rendezvous point is meant as sort of a 'next step training' for adulthood, as pups are still to young to hunt or fend for themselves and keep up with them also the international wolf center says this:
When the pups are a little larger, pack members take turns bringing them food, playing with them and even baby-sitting. Once the pups are about eight weeks old, the adults leave the den and take the pups to a rendezvous site. In this open area, the wolves gather to sleep, play, eat and just hang out. Until the pups are old enough to go with the adults, they stay at the rendezvous site. Often, one of the adult wolves stays with the pups to watch over them.
Source http://www.wolf.org/wolf-info/wild-kids/wolf-families/

Koa
WolfQuest Moderator
WolfQuest Moderator

Post by Koa » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:03 pm

With the impending release of the game, I do not see a reason for this thread to remain open. Topic locked.

Return to “News and Announcements Archive”